SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Thinking about sin and sacrifice and the Law and Sabbaths and on and on, did not get Israel anywhere.

Acts 28:25-29 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, (This "one word" is Christ in you the Hope of Glory, Paul's Gospel) Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

Let us keep our minds on Loving our Father, Loving His Christ, and Loving the Holy Spirit and He will keep our minds of the salvation of God sent to us.

God quickeneth all things including our minds, our Love, our obedience, our all in Christ Jesus our Lord and Life.

What a beautiful word; 2227. zoopoieo
Search for G2227 in KJVSL
zwopoiew zoopoieo dzo-op-oy-eh'-o

from the same as 2226 and 4160; to (re-)vitalize (literally or figuratively):--make alive, give life, quicken.

1 Timothy 6:13-21 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen. Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Let us keep what has been committed to our trust.

We are not committed to sickness but to Love and Life in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-9 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/4/27 13:25Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
What a beautiful word; 2227. zoopoieo
Search for G2227 in KJVSL
zwopoiew zoopoieo dzo-op-oy-eh'-o

from the same as 2226 and 4160; to (re-)vitalize (literally or figuratively):--make alive, give life, quicken.

This idea reminds of this Scripture...

Job 33

25 His flesh shall be young like a child’s,
He shall return to the days of his youth.
26 He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him,
He shall see His face with joy,
For He restores to man His righteousness.

Yes Brother you are correct in that we all should dwell on the things of God and His promises to us. Yes this is the path.

Yet how many among you brother Phillip live as they believe? How many live a "Life" that testifies of Christ's work in their lives?

How many among you seem to be sick?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/4/27 14:57Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: by Jeff, just for him. Job 33

25 His flesh shall be young like a child’s,
He shall return to the days of his youth.
26 He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him, (Jeff, and me too)
He shall see His face with joy,
For He restores to man His righteousness.

"Yet how many among you brother Phillip live as they believe? How many live a "Life" that testifies of Christ's work in their lives?

How many among you seem to be sick?"

Is that not up to God to send those that have the Words of Healing to the Lost and suffering?

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Luk 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

Jhn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

He will send us, our responsibility is to Hear Ye Him and Go.

Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world.

Where is Christ in this world? Ask and He will send us as Him.

2006/4/27 15:08Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world.

Where is Christ in this world? Ask and He will send us as Him.

Ask and He will send us as He sent Christ...

Christ is the One who heals, we can sow and water.

Psa. 6:2 Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled.

Psa. 30:2 O LORD my God, I cried out to You,
And You healed me.

Psa. 38:3 There is no soundness in my flesh
Because of Your anger,
Nor any health in my bones
Because of my sin.

Psa. 41:4 I said, “LORD, be merciful to me;
Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You.”

Psa. 103:3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,

Psa. 107:20 He sent His word and healed them,
And delivered them from their destructions.

Psa. 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.

Christ is our Salvation... Amen Brother

In Christ
Jeff

2006/4/28 12:18Profile
rookie

Re:

Does Scripture teach that "a new creation" can become spiritually sick?

If one again considered the parable of the sower, and look to Scripture which speaks of those who received the word in their heart and yet do not become fruitful. Then consider the exhortations of the Apostles, how they taught about spiritual sickness, how then do these Scriptures come together?

Again here is one example

Heb. 12:12 Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, 13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.

Heb. 12:14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; 16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. 17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.

Scripture speaks of Esau's fate many times. What did he forsake? What can we forsake?

Who alone can heal?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/1 16:05Profile
Logic

Re:

rookie wrote:

Quote:

Does Scripture teach that "a new creation" can become spiritually sick?

If one again considered the parable of the sower, and look to Scripture which speaks of those who received the word in their heart and yet do not become fruitful. Then consider the exhortations of the Apostles, how they taught about spiritual sickness, how then do these Scriptures come together?

[b]Matthew 13:23[/b] [color=993300]But he that received seed into the good ground is he that hears the word, [b]and understands it[/b]; which also bears fruit, and brings forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.[/color]
The reason is that the others didn't understand. Nor did they recieve it with tears of repentance but only with joy.
[b]Matthew 13:20[/b] [color=993300]But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that hears the word, [b]and recieve it with joy[/b].[/color]
They do not concider that they must die and loose their life.

[b]Hebrews. 12:12[/b] [color=993300]Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down,
and the feeble knees,
[b]13[/b] and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.[/color]

strengthen the hands which hang down and lift them up in prayer, thanksgiving and praise:

and the feeble knees to pray on with out ceasing

and make straight paths for your feet the gospel of peace.

We must not only die dayly, but buried out of sight. The stench of the dead self will frighten awy souls for Christ.

2006/5/1 18:57Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Logic wrote:

Quote:
They do not concider that they must die and loose their life.

Yes, I believe with you that this does not occur to those of the first three groups in the parable of the sower.

Yet I would like to add to this thought. We who follow Christ may begin to try to die to oneself according to the flesh. In this situation, we live in the strenght of the flesh, and therefore cannot please our Lord. We remain trying to make perfect the flesh according to the law.

Yet dieing in Christ, I find that as we learn from Him through the Holy Spirit, it is this understanding which enables us to "put to death the deeds of the body."

The good soil is created through His work in us.

Prov. 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser;
Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
10 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. This comes through our life with the Holy Spirit.

Proverbs 3:
11 My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
Nor detest His correction;
12 For whom the LORD loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights.
13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom,
And the man who gains understanding;
14 For her proceeds are better than the profits of silver,
And her gain than fine gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies,
And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her.
16 Length of days is in her right hand,
In her left hand riches and honor.
17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness,
And all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her,
And happy are all who retain her.

A death to self will come to those who find that "Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace."

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/2 11:26Profile
rookie

Re:

Here is another thought in Scripture pretaining to the parable of the sower, and specifically those who find themselves in the midst of the choking weeds...

1Tim. 6:6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

These who stray from the faith are those who seek the treasures of this world...

"...rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition."

These things that one pursues "drown" men in this Scripture, these things "choke" in the parable of the sower...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/2 15:57Profile
Logic

Re:

rookie wrote:

Quote:
The good soil is created through His work in us.

Wouldn't it be the unsaved who has good soil, since they are just recieving the word to be planted?

How is it then, that it would be His work in them who are yet unsaved?

I say it is the Law working in them to convict them of sin and how much they need to be saved.
[b]Galatians 3:24[/b][color=990000]Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.[/color]

2006/5/2 16:00Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Any farmer knows that good soil takes work, the soil of the river bottoms and may be better soil than the desert, but it still takes work to make them grow fruit. Desert can be turned into beautiful land with water and use. River bottom soil must be plowed and leveled and used also to bring forth fruit good eating.

The same is for the unsaved, the Holy Spirit must make the ground able to receive seed. The unsaved does nothing to receive the Seed. When the ground is ready to accept the Seed, The Planter gives Seed and is tended by the farmer to keep weeds and insects and anything else that would keep the Seed from bring forth good fruit.

At the instant of the Seed being planted, the Holy Spirit seals the Seed (Christ) in the ground (believer) and the old weed that was there dies and the new Seed, Incorruptable begins its work Old seed out (Satan) new Seed in (Christ).

The Great Farmer, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, have done the work to prepare the soil to receive the Incorruptable Seed of the Son of God. Then a complete new plant brings for good fruit. A new creature in Christ Jesus. The soil did nothing. The Law could never change the weed, Only by the Grace of God and the Power of the Seed of Christ and the Teaching of the Holy Spirit is a new creature born again by Christ in them.

2006/5/2 23:19Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy