SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

""The husband is not satan at all, not even the law it's self but the requirements of the Law that was against us. The law is what bound her to the husband.""

And the Word of God is infinite and beyond all we can think or perceive in our own intellect. It takes direct revelation from The Holy Spirit our Teacher to come to these understandings.

Yes I see what you are saying and it is another truth in revelation and tomorrow even much, much more.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/2/17 3:23Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother L wrote:

Quote:
You mentioned
Psalm 91:1-4 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.
:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”

now read

Mattew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thouthat killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

All these allude to the Passover, and in this mathew verse, Jesus was lamenting because he wanted to be there Passover Lame.

Especially look to what Jesus says, "How often would I have gathered her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"

I see Jesus looking back to the many generations of the past and to each one saying, "you were not willing."

Quote:
The husband is not satan at all, not even the law it's self but the requirements of the Law that was against us. The law is what bound her to the husband.

I agree in this clarification. The focus is on the precept of being married. Scripture teaches that marriage of two becomes one in Spirit. So being married to the first husband, means that one is bound by the law and thus dead. When one dies to the first, the adulterous situation is resolved.

Also in this Scripture is the precept of Adultery. Througout the OT, we hear the prophets declare that God hates Adultery in the Spiritual sense.

Romans 7:

3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man.

This thought by Paul is then expounded upon in Roman 8:

3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

By submitting to the Spirit one is freed from the first husband and death.

What does this say to those who are of the first three groups described in the sower of the seed?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/17 11:20Profile
roadsign

Re: carnal

Quote:
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

I'm sort of butting in here, but I can't help but be very shocked to read these words - esp the use of the word, "carnal". I don't use the KJV, so I missed this for years. Years ago I was taught that "carnal" Christians were saved, but just didn't live very Godly lives.

I see no such notion here!!!!! And it is sooooo obvious. My how I was deceived! How could they have done that - those who were so careful to expound Scripture accurately?

Only in recent years did I come to realize that a "born again" person who doesn't live the new life, is, in fact, not born again!! I discovered that truth in Scripture.
Diane

2006/2/17 13:19Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Has not satan used the Law of God against God's Creation with Adam and everyone since except the born again which the law is no longer our tutor or governors, by teachers. Our teacher is now the Holy Spirit of Truth

Galatians 4:1-7 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the Father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law,-- (Were they redeemed?) (Only in the millennium) (Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in)--, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

This includes all peoples of the earth regardless of their nomenclature, Jew or Gentile, bond or free, etc. How do we receive adoption of son's? Certainly not by the Law or even the promises to Israel but to The Promise not as seed's but as Seed, Christ Jesus Himself.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Christ is the only Incorruptable Seed we can receive that fulfills that one promise of Abraham and his seed.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. And who is the Word? John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

IN Christ Phillip

2006/2/17 18:45Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The husband is not satan at all, not even the law it's self but the requirements of the Law that was against us. The law is what bound her to the husband.

This is the reason I said the old husband is Satan.
Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

The woman is a believer going back into her old husbands, Satan, even though the body is dead she wanted to go back, to Satan and his ways like Israel wanted to go back to Egypt, it is hard to not turn back to the old familiar ways. Staying in the new Husband which is Christ, is being not carnally minded, as Israel had to wonder in the wilderness for forty years until all that chose not God parishes and would not enter the promise land.

2006/2/17 19:59Profile
Logic

Re:

Christinyou wrote:

Quote:
Has not satan used the Law of God against God's Creation with Adam and everyone since except the born again which the law is no longer our tutor or governors, by teachers. Our teacher is now the Holy Spirit of Truth

No, satan has not used the Law of God. God Himself used and still uses His Law.

How does God proove our sins? He uses the Law.
Our sins are the evidence of the Law that God uses against us. If our sins haven't been washed away by His atoning blood, then the evidence against us will condemn us on the Day of Judgment. How is the Law used? The Law is used to show us that we cannot uphold the law and we are incapable to do it and that we need to be changed from within in order to accomplish the Law. The Law not only shows us that we sin, it also shows us why we need to be changed most of all.

We are under Grace, but we are not to be lawless, because that is sin. We are still under the Law of Christ: 1Corinth. 9:21 to them that are without law, as without law, [b]not being without law to God, but under law to Christ[/b], that I might gain them that are without law.
Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: [b]love therefore is the fulfilment of the law.[/b]

Quote:
Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

The woman is a believer going back into her old husbands, Satan, even though the body is dead she wanted to go back, to Satan and his ways like Israel wanted to go back to Egypt, it is hard to not turn back to the old familiar ways. Staying in the new Husband which is Christ, is being not carnally minded, as Israel had to wonder in the wilderness for forty years until all that chose not God parishes and would not enter the promise land.

The context of the the woman and the husband, is being bound by the law to him. What is that which bindes her to him? It would be the requirements of the Law.
If we don't keep requirements of law, we are guily under law.
How do we keep the requirements? If it isn't through faith, it is by works.
Romans 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision [b]through faith[/b].
Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified [b]by works[/b], he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

But, keeping in context of the the woman and the husband, the chapter goes on and explains the battle between an uregenerate person with the law.
Paul explains that the battle is trying to fullfill the law in the flesh.

So then the Husband must be the requirements of the Law, which is to fullfill all the law.

2006/2/18 4:58Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

roadsign wrote:
Quote:
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

I'm sort of butting in here, but I can't help but be very shocked to read these words - esp the use of the word, "carnal". I don't use the KJV, so I missed this for years. Years ago I was taught that "carnal" Christians were saved, but just didn't live very Godly lives.
Diane

Christians can be [b]carnaly minded[/b] even though the end is death.
1Corinth. 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto [b]carnal[/b], as unto babes in Christ.
:3 for ye are yet [b]carnal[/b: for whereas there is among you jealousy and strife, are ye not carnal, and do ye not walk after the manner of men?

2006/2/18 5:40Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"But under the law to Christ." Bound by the law enjoined in Christ; under the law of Love and affectionate gratitude and duty to Him. We will obey His commands; followed by His Mind that is in us by Holy Spirit instructions; seeking His honour; yielded to His will. In this we violate none of the rules of the moral law. And Paul here intimates, that his and our grand object is to yield obedience to the law of the Saviour, which is the excellent way, 1 Corinthians 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way, which is Love. This is the governing purpose of our life. The greatest reason for obedience is the Love of God that is Christ in us. And this would guide a man right. In doing this, we would never violate any of the precepts of the Law of Christ, for Christ obeyed them, and enjoined their observance. He would never feel that he was without law to God, for Christ obeyed God, and enjoined it on all. He would never feel that The Church, the Body of Christ came to set him free from The law of Love, or to authorize licentiousness; for its grand purpose and aim is to make men holy, and to bind them everywhere to the observance of the pure law of the Redeemer, by Christ, and us in Him being son's and daughter's of our Father by His great Love which he gave at the Cross.

2006/2/19 3:17Profile
rookie

Re:

Sis. Diane wrote:

Quote:
I see no such notion here!!!!! And it is sooooo obvious. My how I was deceived! How could they have done that - those who were so careful to expound Scripture accurately?

First, do you see the power of the Scriptures brought to light by the Spirit. There is nothing in life so valuable. Gold and silver do not compare to this treasure.

Secondly, I would not say that you were deceived. It is just that those who teach do not understand. Many times in the OT God through His prophets declares that the backsliding shepherds only heal superficially. Look to what Paul warns Timothy about concerning the church in the end times.

2 Timothy 3:

1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

There are many who outwardly display a form of godliness yet their testimony denies the power of God's grace. How can this happen? They have never come to submitt to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

They continue to live an adulterous life.
In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/27 13:24Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:

In a way, yes, I see what you are saying. According to God's declaration, Genesis 3:15, And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;...

The end result of living a spiritually adulterous life will infact define you ultimately as the seed of Satan. The salvation of Christ will not take root. One will not be transfered into the Seed of the Woman. We are one or the other, we cannot be in both. Yet there is a distinction that I must make.

The carnal mind, according to Scripture can be influenced by both Satan and the Woman. All temptation, all sin comes from the spiritual influence of Satan. Everything that is true, everything that is good comes from the Woman.

The law was given to instruct us of God's precepts, ordinances, judgements, and commands. In this way, God declares to creation His rules. Yet, left to our carnal mind, we do not know how to perform those things which satisfies God's law. How do we learn to love God with all our being? How do we learn to love one another as God has always required? So when we begin to learn of God's ways according to Scripture we begin to see and then in our own effort, try to obey the Law. It is this endeavor by us, I believe, that Paul teaches of in Galatians, that we as children, enter into a relationship which amounts to being under a tutor, a govenor. What do we learn from this as children?

Rom. 7:13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.

What does Paul say of this understanding that God has worked in him?

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

Do you see the words, "how to perform what is good...'?

According to the carnal mind, we do not know how to perform what is good.

Paul states:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

It is this law, the law of death, that all creation has been subjected too. This law of death is the lack of understanding, no man can know God unless God reveals Himself to man. This is the law of the carnal mind. With this carnal mind, we have a choice to listen to the spiritual world of Satan or the Woman, the Holy Spirit.

Listen to Paul solution.

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

The most important words of Scripture for those who enter into the fullness of the gospel are these. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, [b]who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.[/b]

What is the result of this consequence for those who walk, who live by faith?

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom. 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Only by the Spirit will we KNOW how to put to death the deeds of the body. What does God say of this work?

Psa. 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
Is the death of His saints.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/27 14:05Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy