SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I am in a quickened body of flesh that contains the Birthed Spirit of Christ In me, which is now my spirit. The Spirit of Christ is the Heavenly Places by which my spirit is there. My soul Mind is learning this and my mind is being renewed to the Mind of Christ. My Body will be perfect in heavenly places like His glorious body.

Eph 1:3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places],

Eph 2:6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 3:9-12 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of
Him. (Jesus Christ)

We need more than our own faith for this mystery of Christ in us the Hope of Glory. We need the Faith of Jesus Christ to reveal it to us by the Holy Spirit our Comforter Teacher. John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

In Christ: Phiilip

2006/2/5 4:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Jeff,

Your ramblings are wonder of Gods truth, I enjoy them tremendously. It's the questions I have to deal with. :-? :-? :-?

2006/2/5 4:09Profile

Re: Born Again By What Means

Quote:
We need more than our own faith for this mystery of Christ in us the Hope of Glory. [b]We need the Faith of Jesus Christ[/b] to reveal it to us by the Holy Spirit our Comforter Teacher.

Amen.

Phillip, I hope you're enjoying some of rookie's other threads, such as Authentic Fellowship, in the Lounge, here.....

2006/2/5 10:03
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip,

I hear your testimony of the "Life" you have found "in Christ." I ask these questions, to maybe, root out the truth that you have experienced. I myself search daily to come to greater understanding of what God has wrought in us. And I don't see much farther than a few days at a time where I might be in that search. And then to communicate where I have been is another process of growth that often times results in stumbling and groping for the words that might direct some to know Christ as you know Christ.

My prayer has been for a long time that God show me how He saves. So maybe I might exhort others to grow beyond the elementary principle and oracles of God.

Foregive me as we struggle to understand, to grasp, the beauty and the miracle of salvation.

God Bless
Jeff

2006/2/7 9:41Profile
rookie

Re:

Col 3:

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

We often exhort one another with this Scripture. This is Paul's solution to the problems that he sees for all who believe. Look to the Scripture that precedes this exhortation.

Col. 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Look to where Paul points the believer. "Set your mind on things above, not on the things of the earth." Now listen once again to Asaph's testimony.

24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.

Look at Paul's statement in Col 3:4 and compare it with Asaph's words in Psalm 73:24. Both speak of a glory to come. Look to what happens with a heart that seeks the counsel from above, (Asaph's testimony in 24 and 25) and compare this with Paul's exhortation found in Col 3:1-4.

The spiritual precept brings about a change of heart that saves because of what we as believers are called to focus our eyes upon.

It is this desire that God births in us that overwhelms the influences that are earthly.

Remember the sower of the seed parable? Are not the first three groups impacted adversly by their earthly influences?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/7 9:59Profile
rookie

Re:

Col. 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

After this exhortation by Paul, he continues to develop what he has, if you will, drawn a picture of one who has been "raised with Christ." Listen to the Scripture that follows:

Col. 3:5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

Col. 3:8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

Here we hear Paul teach those who have been "raised with Christ," "to put to death," "to put off" all the things that resemble the earthly or old man.

In Psalm 73, Asaph also considered the ways of the sons of disobedience.

3 For I was envious of the boastful,
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.
7 Their eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
8 They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth.

Paul and Asaph speak from the same point of view don't they? The only difference being that Asaph speaks of his own experience and Paul exhorts others to come to the same understanding that Asaph and Paul have already recieved from God.

Both Asaph and Paul recognize and then teach about those things which can cause one to stumble. Why do they labor on this point?

Again how does the parable of the sower and the seed fit with these Scriptures?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/9 12:25Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.

You will guide me, from and outside position with counsel. And afterward, That is if your guidance my whole life makes me acceptable, after the obedience has given me acceptance to glory.

Desire upon earth, again, "on", which is outward and earthly desire from self no death but outward death in the grave in the earth.

Raised with Christ, already in Christ and raised with Him, to above where Christ is, not earthly but heavenly all inward and heavenly. Things above, not of this earth, already death unto life, hidden with Christ in God. Our life already hidden with Christ in God appearing with Him in glory. All inward, appearing with Him, setting our mind of things above and where are we, in Him is how we set our mind on things above, again inward, from death to life seeking those things of Life which are above, again inwardly spiritual things above in Christ.

The big difference is the first is receiving counsel from the outward counsel and having to keep the Law on this earth.

With Paul, in Christ, inward change in spirit, seeking things above, inward in heavenly place we are already seated with Christ Jesus. Inward life in above places in Christ in life already done on the Cross.

Two completely different types of salvation with different ends. One inheriting the earth the other already in heavenly places in Christ. One by works the other by Grace through Faith.

Asaph was still working outward on earth, Paul's, the work is already done by Christ and we are already dead in Christ and seeking the things of Christ which are in us from above, all inward.

Christ in us the Hope of Glory, or God outside council of working for salvation knowing that God is in Heaven and hoping to be their. The other knowing we are already seated there with Christ, knowing our heavenly home is in Gods House which Christ is preparing for us. By grace through faith, so much more that by the works of the Law with grace unto obedience.

The two sound the same in context, but are completely different in outcome, one to reigning with Christ in the Father House, the other being reigned over on this earth.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/2/10 3:35Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Christ in us the Hope of Glory, or God outside council of working for salvation knowing that God is in Heaven and hoping to be their.

Psalm 91:

Psa. 91:1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

Where is this secret place?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/10 12:47Profile
rookie

Re:

Now again, Paul exhorts those who have been "raised with Christ, "

Col. 3:12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

We see that even as we are viewed as being raise with Christ, there is that which also seperates us should we continue in the ways of the old man. Paul preaches this many times throughout his letters to the churches. Listen to Asaph's thoughts about his relationship with the Lord and also about those who have not perservered.

Psalm 73

26 My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish;
You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.

What is it that seperates us from Christ, is it the world, is it other men, is it the powers and principalities? No. "For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who [b]desert You for harlotry."[/b]

In the sower of the seed, what is the substance of the harlotry of those who Satan steals the word out of their hearts? What is the harlotry that causes men to fall away when tempted? What is the harlotry that chokes out the "life" becase they pursue the pleasures of this world.

The harlotry exists in what we hope for that is not of God. It is our own heart's desire that causes us to be far from Him.

Again listen to Asaph words about himself.

26 My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Asaph is speaking of dieing to oneself is he not? "My flesh and my heart fail..."

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/10 13:36Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Colossians 1:24-27 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

The secret place is that which has been revealed to the Body of Christ the Church and the glory of this mystery of Christ in you.

We no longer have to be under the shadow of His wings for protection and salvation, it is now the Christ in us that is our strength and our protection and salvation because we believe God concerning His Son. This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, Hear ye Him.

Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Even Moses and Elijah were there and for the first time were seeing His Glory and purpose planed before the foundation of the world which They created for this purpose. Ge 1:26
Ver. 26. God had now prepared all things necessary for man's use and comfort. The plurals us and our afford an evident proof of a plurality of persons in the Godhead. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, which all abide in the believer which was not possible before the Cross. Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

All Three of the One God in us, the son's of God, new birth, new nature, new creatures, the old has passed away and all things have become new.

No more abiding in the shadow of His wings, but the perfect mystery revealed to His Saints, which is Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/2/10 15:31Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy