SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Born Again By What Means

Quote:
because they [b]choose[/b] to submit to temptations

Jeff,

This choice of words is very [i]psycho-babble[/i]. Jesus was kinder.... He said

(Mark 4:19) Matthew 13:22
'He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and

the care of this world,

and

the deceitfulness of riches,

[b]choke[/b] the word,

and he becometh unfruitful.'

where 'choke' is the verb ...... [i]not 'choose'[/i].

This implies a much bigger effort on the part of the potential believer would be required, to [i]prevent[/i] this [i]choking[/i] by 'the care of this world' and 'the deceitfulness of riches'..... don't you think? (Not rhetorical, if you please.)

2006/1/3 12:54
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Jeff,

Who is the Seed, not what is the Seed. If Christ be born again in the believer there is no turning back for Christ cannot deny Himself. The Father would not place His Seed in the believer if it were not going to take root and produce the Fruit of Christ, that is what the Cross is all about. Pure Grace, Christ in you the Hope of Glory. Jam 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

If the ground is not prepared by the Planter of Seed, there might be a few seed that take hold and produce fruit. That is not the Planter we have as a Father, He knows if the Holy Spirit does not prepare the ground, why even plant Seed. The Seed He is planting is to precious to be frivolous in His sowing. Our Father is the perfect Farmer and He will get His Crop.

Matthew 13:27-30 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Who will tell the harvesters when, where, what and how to harvest His perfect Crop? If there is seed that is planted it must die first before it can take root and produce wheat. There is seed of the tares, from whence do they come, yea they both are planted by the Same Farmer, but tares will not produce fruit unto the Wheat of the Father's House. Also those that are not planted in fertile ground, and spring up and die. It is the Farmer that knows the Seed that will be fruit unto His Seed, Jesus Christ being that Seed which is Incorruptable.

Study the seed and see that Seed of the Father is Seed unto salvation by Christ Jesus birthed in the Born Again, His Seed and His Seed only.

Hbr 11:18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The remnant is the only ones that Satan is after and the only ones that will overcome because Satan has been defeated when it comes to God's Children, guess who wins, we do because of Christ's defeat of Satan on the Cross.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/1/3 22:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Here is the 1 remaining inexact match:

Phl 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

How are we to be perfect? I am not perfect to myself, I am not perfect to anyone else that is of this earth. I am perfect to The Father, because God, when He looks at me He see's His Own Seed Jesus Christ His only begotten Son in me. That is what makes me perfect before the Father and the only one by whom I can be seen as perfect righteousness, which the Father has made for those that are His. 1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Even this is being revealed to those that birthed of the Father. That we became son's of God in spirit at our new birth and are becoming son's of God in our soul mind, with wisdom and righteousness being sanctified and redeemed by the Glory of God that is Christ Jesus our Lord, and we will be complete in every aspect as son's when we receive our glorious bodies, the same as Jesus Christ our Lord. On resurrection morning.
Amen.

2Cr 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver [us]; First we have birth, "delivered" Second we are receiving a new mind, "Doth deliver" Third will receive our resurrection bodies, "will yet deliver us"

2Cr 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. We are being delivered unto death every day for His sake. Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

We are to rejoice in our death with Him, that we might be glorified with Him as His Body the Church. He said His death was the Cross and looking to it, He said it was His Glory. We must die daily and see ourselves on the Cross as dead to sin as He is. 1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:

This is the completion of all that I have brought to mind in this Post.

Colossians 1:13-29 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

2006/1/4 1:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
Who will tell the harvesters when, where, what and how to harvest His perfect Crop? If there is seed that is planted it must die first before it can take root and produce wheat. [b]There is seed of the tares, from whence do they come, yea they both are planted by the Same Farmer[/b], but tares will not produce fruit unto the Wheat of the Father's House. Also those that are not planted in fertile ground, and spring up and die. It is the Farmer that knows the Seed that will be fruit unto His Seed, Jesus Christ being that Seed which is Incorruptable.

Phillip,

I don't believe that tares are planted by God.

Matthew 13:24 - 30
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

[b]He said unto them, An enemy hath done this[/b]. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. [b]Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest[/b] I will say to the reapers, [b]Gather ye together first the tares[/b], and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

2006/1/4 6:42
rookie

Re:

Sis wrote:

Quote:
This implies a much bigger effort on the part of the potential believer would be required, to prevent this choking by 'the care of this world' and 'the deceitfulness of riches'..... don't you think? (Not rhetorical, if you please.)

Paul speaks of this condition that restricts the believer because he or she chooses to have affections for this world.

2 Corinthians 6:
12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. 13 Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.

2Cor. 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”
17 Therefore
“Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”
18 “I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the LORD Almighty.”

Here Paul identifies the stumbling block which prevents the believer from growing into maturity. Please remember that God's work produces a people that are "called out."

The "affections" for this world, are the thorns and weeds which which have the ability to prevent one from producing the fruit of maturity.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/1/4 14:35Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip asked:

Quote:
Who is the Seed, not what is the Seed.

Within the context of the parable of the Sower:

Mark 4:14 The sower sows the word.

Luke 8:11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

If the Scriptures say that the "seed" is the "word of God." Then I must believe it. If I choose to not to hear whose problem is it: mine or God's?

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Only Christ is incorruptible, Scriptures prove that until everything is made perfect we live in the corruption of this body. According to 1 Peter 1:23, "Being born again" speaks of the beginning of the walk with the Word. But what does Paul always say about those first born again immature children? What is his prayers always? Is it not that we, the church grow into maturity?

The work of His Holy Spirit reveals Christ in us working to save us from the corruption that is in this earthly body.

1John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

The Word of life, the eternal life reveals the fellowship we have with the Father and Son through the Holy Spirit. It is the learning of His life that saves us. How does God accomplish this?

What does Scripture say?

It all begins with the Father sowing the word of God in the hearts of men, women, and children. We are saved by grace through faith. How does faith come? Is it not the word of God?

I was just reading from Smith Wiggelsworth thoughts on the Holy Spirit and this is what he said:

"When the Spirit of the Lord is upon us, we do not impart words but life. Words are only for the purpose of understanding what the Word is, but the Word itself is really life-giving."

Deut. 8:3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD.

Do not choose to overlook the importance of the word of God and how understanding His word is the means by which we know "the Life."

In Christ
Jeff

2006/1/4 15:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Parable of the Sower, It says is likened unto a man. The Good Seed is the Word of God and the tares are the Lies of the Satan. All life comes from God good or bad. Satan cannot create life, he can only lie to that life by the tares he sows. "good seed" (Sperma of God) "tares" (false grain) One is life and the other is death because Adam who was Life and became a tare, death.

By the Word of God. Who is the Word of God and why is it living? John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
This Word is Jesus Christ Himself.

The offering of Christ was in the garden, which was the Tree of Life. If Adam would have eaten of the tree of Life he would have been just like the believer now in which we have partaken of His Body and Blood, which had to become a new covenant to redeem us from death. Do this in remembrance of Me. Adam chose the offering of the tares which are a lie and fell from Grace and Life that could have been in Christ without the Cross. But we know the rest of the Story.

Believe it; Jesus Christ is the Word of God and He is living and full of Grace and Life and Peace, and He is living in God's children, for He is now my Spirit, which I am born again into.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Is He come? Is He birthed in you? What Life do we now live in the Flesh? "The life I now live in the flesh I live by the Faith of the Son of God." Gal 2: 20

2006/1/4 16:22Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
The offering of Christ was in the garden, which was the Tree of Life. If Adam would have eaten of the tree of Life he would have been just like the believer now in which we have partaken of His Body and Blood, which had to become a new covenant to redeem us from death. Do this in remembrance of Me. Adam chose the offering of the tares which are a lie and fell from Grace and Life that could have been in Christ without the Cross. But we know the rest of the Story.

Before Adam and Eve's rebellion, did not Adam and Eve know the Eternal Life? Was not the tree of life available to them?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/1/4 17:12Profile
rookie

Re:

I was searching for churches to attend when we move to Pennsylvania this summer. Dave Wilkerson of the Time Square Church has established a ministry school in Grantville Pa near to where we will be relocating. I read one of the Sunday sermons which speaks to what the focus of this thread is.

The pastor uses the word of God to frame the Truth of the life discovered in Christ. The word of God brings understanding to one who is abiding in Christ. By the word of God one is trained for the work He has prepared beforehand. There is nothing new in the contents of the gospel. What man discovers that is new. The new covenant's power is a spoken promise to each individual. The promise of the Holy Spirit will alway reveal the Truth that Scripture contains.

Check this sermon out.

http://www.mzsom.org/mzchs_serm_TWI_0001.htm

Christ was in the garden with Adam and Eve. Christ was with Abraham. Christ was with Jacob. Christ was with Joshua. Today is the day of salvation. This has never changed since Genesis 3:15

In Christ
Jeff

2006/1/4 17:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

""Before Adam and Eve's rebellion, did not Adam and Eve know the Eternal Life? Was not the tree of life available to them?""

The answer is: they new God and God is eternal life, but they had not chosen eternal life for themselves. By choosing to believe a lie they chose eternal death, and only the seed of Eve's offspring would would be the way back to life and that offspring, pointing to Jesus Christ, He would bruise the head of the one that lied to her, the devil, and then Christ and Christ only would be their salvation and eternal life. That is why they were kicked out of the garden, so they would not partake of the tree of life and live forever in eternal hell without reconciliation with the one that lied to them. You see, Satan knew that Adam and Eve had a free choice of whom they would serve and become children thereof. "YOU are of your father the devil."

Act 27:23 For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,
This is Paul's expression of Who was revealed to him for three years in the desert, Jesus Christ Himself. Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Paul is not an angels but he is completely and without any turning his Lords, Jesus Christ. "whose I am"

Pro 23:7a For as he thinketh in his heart, so [is] he:

This is what Adam and Eve thought in their hearts, this sermon that the snake is preaching is what God would want for us to be just like Him, so they ate. My paraphrase.

Then in their hearts they had chosen Satan as their father because they believed his lie. Then they had a nature and were condemned to life without God just like the father they believed who had been cast out of heaven.

Now we who believe in Christ and His work on the cross, God by His Grace has given us new birth and the old has passed away and all things have become new. We are now children of the Living God our new Father through His Son Jesus Christ in whom we have believed.

1 John 5:9-13 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Satan in no longer our witness in ourselves, but Christ Jesus in whom we have believed, He is now our witness in ourselves. Satan out and Christ in. Now we are perfect in spirit and are being made perfect in soul (mind) and will be perfect in body on resurrection morning.

Hbr 4:12 For the Word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Again who is the Word? Yes Jesus Christ has divided our soul and spirit that He might become our Spirit. Our old spirit was not the Spirit of Christ, but the spirit of Satan. Our spirit and soul were one at one time but now with Satan split out of us our spirit is Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

2006/1/4 18:22Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy