SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
CyberCarbon

Forgive me I am Pentecostal

Travail of Soul is the rebirth a very painful, agony filled, and violent, ugly repentance. There are tears, pains and sufferings, it is humble sincere spontaneous, honest and complete. It was no accident that Jesus used the term born again, back in those days, there was no medications, C-sections etc. It was dirty, painful and most of all VERY Loud with absolute no restraint what so ever everything came out so to speak. Then repeat, repeat, repeat and repeat until Jesus comes or He calls us home.

2005/12/17 2:12Profile
rookie

Re: Forgive me I am Pentecostal

Getting back to the parable of the sower. Jesus identified this parable as the key that unlocks all the other parables.

Mark 4:13 And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?

What purpose does the incorruptible word of God serve?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/28 10:24Profile
rookie

Re:

Cybercarbon wrote:

Quote:
Travail of Soul is the rebirth a very painful, agony filled, and violent, ugly repentance. There are tears, pains and sufferings, it is humble sincere spontaneous, honest and complete.

The incorruptible word of God brings this to all who enter in. The parable of the sower highlights the work of the word of God in the hearts of those who would enter in.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/30 12:19Profile
rookie

Re:

Luke 8:11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Here it says that God placed His word in the hearts of these individuals. It then says that Satan comes and takes the word out of their hearts.

The Travail of the Soul is thus prevented. These things are spiritual and not of the flesh. What philosophies, what empty deceits might Satan use to prevent the Travail of the Soul so that one might enter into His rest?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/30 12:25Profile
rookie

Re:

Luke 8:11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

I just wanted to again point to the promise of the New Covenant.

Jer. 31: 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, “Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

It is God who places His law on the minds and hearts of His people. In Luke 8:12 we find that God has sowed His word in their hearts and Satan has come to steal what was sown in their hearts.

We also see that there may be a difference in that the word of God is sown, but has the law of God taken root in the mind and heart?

How does Satan steal that which was planted by God?

How does this event impact the salvation of this individual?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/31 14:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
How does Satan steal that which was planted by God?

Mainly by whispering that it's not true or, that it's unbelievable.

Quote:
How does this event impact the salvation of this individual?

Depends if they are saved when they start to doubt, but, doubt is very paralysing. If they are saved, they need to address the reason they are so swayed away from the truth. Usually there is a big or even, a tiny little hook on which doubts hang, nagging away at the peace of mind and heart. God is very good at pulling out hooks, though, with a little co-operation from the believer.

If a person does not believe, and allows doubt to prevent them from receiving salvation, they will need to repent of their unbelief, if they want to be saved. That said, it's the goodness of God which leads people to repentance. Repentance is not a punishment, it is simply the word we use to mean 'change of mind'. Without this, none of us would be saved. (Rom 2:4)

2005/12/31 14:40
rookie

Re:

Sister Dorcas wrote:

Quote:
That said, it's the goodness of God which leads people to repentance. Repentance is not a punishment, it is simply the word we use to mean 'change of mind'

I believe this last statement to be the focal point. Many talk about doubt as being the root that causes one to stumble. The ideas we hear today of unbelief seems to always focus on the beginning of one's repentance. Yet, I believe that Scripture points to unbelief that is rooted in choosing not to hear, not to submit to the "change of mind" that God is revealing to those who have the word of God in their heart.

It is God's grace that proves to man that He is faithful. His mercy is continually present in the lives of those who have His word in their hearts. His grace revealed through the work of the Holy Spirit reveals the opportunity that He extends to us daily in the precept of repentance.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/31 16:07Profile

Re: Born Again By What Means

Quote:
The ideas we hear today of unbelief seems to always focus on the beginning of one's repentance. Yet, I believe that Scripture points to unbelief that is rooted in choosing not to hear, not to submit to the "change of mind" that God is revealing to those who have the word of God in their heart.

Hi Jeff,

I'm sure there is a type of unbelief which represents a [i]decision[/i] not to hear the word of truth, but, there must also remain with the unbeliever, the ability to [u]begin listening[/u] to the word of truth, if so desired........ else how would preaching the gospel make any difference?

Preaching the word must have the intrinsic power to break through that unbelief in some people. The ultimate unbelief though, is to have heard of Jesus Christ, and been made aware that He is the only source of salvation, and still to choose not to believe in Him and not to receive His grace through faith, and be saved from sin and hell for ever.

John 16:5 - 12
" But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?' But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, [b]I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: [u]of sin, because they do not believe in Me[/u]; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged[/b]. I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

2005/12/31 18:55
rookie

Re:

Sis wrote:

Quote:
I'm sure there is a type of unbelief which represents a decision not to hear the word of truth, but, there must also remain with the unbeliever, the ability to begin listening to the word of truth, if so desired........ else how would preaching the gospel make any difference?

In the sower of the seed parable all 4 groups have already received the gospel. All believed. But what happens in the lives of the first three groups? They do not continue on in repentance.

This is the unbelief which prevents one from entering into His rest. God's voice is always ready to direct, yet in the first three groups what prevents the hearer of the word from entering into His rest?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/31 21:51Profile

Re:

I had someone at work today tell me that she went to church and she said she was born again but wanted to know if it was still ok for her to go to night clubs.

The first thing that crossed my mind is are you sure your saved? Forget about the night clubs,why would you want to go there for?

I didn't actually say that because I was caught off gaurd. Sometimes I really don't know what to say to people that say such things without offending them.Anyone have any suggestions?

2005/12/31 23:29

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy