SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Zech. 3:8 “Hear, O Joshua, the high priest,
You and your companions who sit before you,
For they are a wondrous sign;
For behold, I am bringing forth My Servant the BRANCH.

Zech. 6:12 Then speak to him, saying, “Thus says the LORD of hosts, saying:
‘Behold, the Man whose name is the BRANCH!
From His place He shall branch out,
And He shall build the temple of the LORD;

Quote:
Christ is the Tree of Life, He is the "Vine tree" and that the Tree of Life is a "Vine Tree is seen in Revelation because it grows on both sides of the River of the water of Life which is the Spirit.

Who is the Branch? And to whom do these Scriptures apply?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/28 16:00Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
Who is the Branch? And to whom do these Scriptures apply?

Not sure the point of this. but Christ said, "I am the vine and you are the branches."

But without getting too far off point. Christ is the Tree of Life. "In Him was Life"

John 5 says, God has given us eternal Life, this life is in His Son, He who has the Son has the Life, He who does not have the Son of God does not have the Life.

Eternal Life is not an everlasting existance but rather Eternal Life is God's Life which is eternal in nature. To have eternal Life is to have God's Life. It is to have God within us as Eternal Life.

The Tree of Life in Genesis 2 signifies God's Eternal Life of which Adam never partook. The Tree of the Knowlege of good and evil signifies the fallen satanic independant life devoid of God's Life.

Graftedbranch

2005/11/29 0:28Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother GB wrote:

Quote:
But without getting too far off point. Christ is the Tree of Life. "In Him was Life"

Job 33:30 To bring back his soul from the Pit,
That he may be enlightened with the light of life.

Is this the Light you are pointing to?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/29 11:12Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:

The Life I am refereing to is God's Life. And this Life is in His Son, Jesus Christ who "is the Life".

If we have the Son of God we have the eternal Life of God which is in His Son. If we do not have the Son of God we do not have the Life.

John said in His gospel, "These things I write to you who believe in the Name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal Life (my paraphrase).

Graftedbranch

2005/11/29 20:14Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother GB

Is this the Life you speak of?

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

Is this same Life spoken of in Job?

That he may be enlightened with the light of life.

Is this same Life spoken of in Psalm 36 an example of the Life you speak of?

Psa. 36:9 For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/1 16:20Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
Is this same Life spoken of in Psalm 36 an example of the Life you speak of?

Brother Jeff, I would have to say it is. in in Psalm 36 we see a wonderful picture of the Triune God.

They are saturated with the Fatness of Your House, and You cause them to drink of the Rivers of your pleasures, For with you is the Fountian of LIfe.

The Fatness of His house speaks of Christ as the offerings, the River of His pleasures speaks of The Spirit as the river of the Water of Life, and the Fountian of Life Speaks of the Father as the Source of Life.

In this verse we have the Triune God with the Father as the Source, the Son as the Fatness, and the Spirit as the River of His pleasures.

Graftedbranch

2005/12/1 17:18Profile
rookie

Re:

Here is another wonderful view of Christ in the OT. How is this a sign for King Ahaz?

Is. 7:10 Moreover the LORD spoke again to Ahaz, saying, 11 “Ask a sign for yourself from the LORD your God; ask it either in the depth or in the height above.”

Is. 7:12 But Ahaz said, “I will not ask, nor will I test the LORD!”

Is. 7:13 Then he said, “Hear now, O house of David! Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. 15 Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good. 16 For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings.

Who is this Child that eats curds and honey?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/6 12:33Profile
rookie

Re:

Here is another Scripture which in some men's minds conflicts with dispensational theology. Here is another chance to believe or not to believe what is says.

Luke 1:15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.

There is no indication that the dwelling of the Spirit in John was temporary. How does this Scripture speak to your heart? Do you reject it based on man's doctrine or do you submit and search the Scriptures in a new way because you believe?

How does this Scritpure show you the intents of your heart?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/8 12:59Profile
macbug

So Cali-

Please explain what are you asking?

Your title states Born again by what means, then you skip to Lukes account of John the Baptist conception and birth. I do not see a connection can you please connect the dots or clarify it for me please?

2005/12/8 22:24Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Please explain what are you asking?

Does the Holy Spirit deal with man the same as He did before Pentecost as He does after Pentecost? Is the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ the same manifestation of God? Is the Holy Spirit the Incorruptable Seed. Who died on the Cross, was it Jesus Christ the Son of God or the Holy Spirit of God? Are the jobs attributed to the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ the same.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Is this The Holy Spirit in you the Hope of Glory?

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Were you Crucified With the Holy Spirit or Christ? Do we live by the Faith of the Holy Spirit or the Son of God. Is "Himself" the Holy Spirit?

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Was the Holy Spirit "The Holy Thing" that would be born of Mary?

The reason for all these questions is, we must separate the work that is done by each Person of the God Head, They are One God, but there is a certain accomplishment for The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, leading to "Born again of what", Christ is our new Life, that is sure when it comes to scripture, The Holy Spirit is our Teacher, that is sure from scripture also, and the Father is "Our Father Who art in Heaven, this is sure from scripture. If we don't place the Members of the God Head in their proper Jobs and what They as God in us do for our salvation we commingle and misuse the accomplishment of God's Plan. We misuse The Holy Spirit and make Him Christ or Make Them One and that takes away from the power and how They are used in our lives as Born Again Christians. When it is all over Christ will make Himself subject to the Father and God will be All in All. The Holy Spirit will not be needed on this earth and since Pentecost He is in us forever and the Father/Son will receive back to Himself the Holy Spirit and God will complete His Plan and He will be the only one we have to Love and deal with as our Father, which is God's intention from the beginning, He wanted son's in His House.

There is a difference in a vessel being filled and if in drinking from it continuously needs to be filled, and the vessel having the unquenchable water as the vessel and in the vessel forever, no need to be filled anymore.

In Christ: Phillip

2005/12/9 2:35Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy