SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Brother GB wrote:

Quote:
thing the Triune God ever does or has done is from the Father, through the Son and by the Holy Spirit. Even Creation (Genesis 1).

So does the NT Scriptures explain the mystery that has always existed and always operated to bring grace necessary for salvation of all men?

The priesthood of The Order of Melchizedek had a function ordained by God. This function is not like the Aaronic priesthood according to Scripture it is something more. Why did God provide this Order of Priesthood prior to the Law of Moses given on Mount Sinai?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/25 12:45Profile
rookie

Re:

Sister Dorcas;

You might also wade through this thread

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4949&forum=36&238

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/25 13:18Profile

Re: Born Again By What Means

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for this link. I was aware of the thread but have never read through it, either and I didn't remember exactly what it was called. ;-)

2005/11/25 13:29
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
So does the NT Scriptures explain the mystery that has always existed and always operated to bring grace necessary for salvation of all men?

Ephesians 3:8,9 To me, less than the least of all saints, was this grace given to announce to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ as the Gospel and to enlighten all that they may see what the economy of the mystery is, which throughout the ages has been hidden in God, who created all things.."

The Mystery "Hid from the ages but now has been revealed, Is God's economy. That is God's Eternal purpose to despense Himself into man to be His very Life and nature, to make us sons of God and to be His expression on the Earth.

This is why he created man in His image and likeness. This was the purpose of the Tree of LIfe in the Garden as opposed to the tree of the knowlege of good and evil which generatred independant fallen men, separated from the life of God. God created all the animals "after their kind" but He created man to be "after God's Kind".

God's purpose from the beginning in creating us was to have in us many sons with His life and nature to be His expression on the earth, to deal with His enemy and to exercies His dominion on the earth.

Adam was created by God but Adam never had the Divine Life within him. He never ate of the Tree of Life which signifies the Life of God in Christ. Adam was a creature of God in the image of God and Likeness of God but without the indwelling Life of God. Adam was a created being but not a son of God. He did not have God's Life. He needed to partake of the Tree of Life to recieve the Life of God to be a child of God. After the fall he was barred from the Tree of Life (Genesis 3:22-24)

The Mystery hid from the ages was hidden because of man's fallen condition. God had to go through the entire plan of redemption in Christ to bring man back to His origional purpose which has never changed. He went through the entire econnomy of the Old Testament to reveal His purpose in shadows, in types, in prophecies,and in figures (Hebrews 1:1-3). But in the fullness of time, the shadows were done away with and the Reality has come and the Mystery has been revealed.

What we have at the end of the Bible is the completion and fulfillment of God's eternal purpose. That is the New Jeruselem, which is composed of all the redeemed from all the ages who are constituted with the Life and nature of God and are His expression, and manifest His glory in the new earth for all eternity.

The New Jeruselem is the Wife of the Lamb (Rev. 21:9) and the dwelling place of God. She is to Christ a Wife and counterpart fully constituted with His Life (the River of the Water of Life) and the Gold of the Divine Nature (The city was of pure Gold, transparent as glass), as Eve was formed of the substance of Adam (a type of Christ and the Church - Ephesians 5:32). And to the Father it is the City of God, the dwelling place of God and bears the Glory of God.

Graftedbranch

2005/11/25 17:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Graftedbranch,

Do you know Warren Litzman?

In Christ: Phillip

2005/11/26 16:11Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother GB wrote:

Quote:
Adam was created by God but Adam never had the Divine Life within him. He never ate of the Tree of Life which signifies the Life of God in Christ. Adam was a creature of God in the image of God and Likeness of God but without the indwelling Life of God. Adam was a created being but not a son of God. He did not have God's Life. He needed to partake of the Tree of Life to recieve the Life of God to be a child of God. After the fall he was barred from the Tree of Life (Genesis 3:22-24)

I do not believe as you. Adam and Eve were forbidden to eat of one tree only. Where in Scripture do you find that Adam before the fall, was forbidden to eat of the Tree of Life?

Quote:
He went through the entire econnomy of the Old Testament to reveal His purpose in shadows, in types, in prophecies,and in figures (Hebrews 1:1-3). But in the fullness of time, the shadows were done away with and the Reality has come and the Mystery has been revealed.

Job 19

25 For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;
26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
27 Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

For Job, his Redeemer is real. Who is his Redeemer?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/27 9:42Profile
Graftedbranc

Re: I do not believe as you. Adam and Eve were forbidden to eat of one tree only. Where in Scripture

Quote:
I do not believe as you. Adam and Eve were forbidden to eat of one tree only. Where in Scripture do you find that Adam before the fall, was forbidden to eat of the Tree of Life?

Brother, if you read what you quoted me as saying it says,:

Quote:
He did not have God's Life. He needed to partake of the Tree of Life to recieve the Life of God to be a child of God. After the fall he was barred from the Tree of Life (Genesis 3:22-24)

Notice this says "after the fall He was barred" and Genesis 3:22-24 is quoted which is after the fall. Prior to the fall God said, "of every tree in the Garden you may eat freely, but of the tree of the knowlege of good and evil you shall not eat of it..."

I nowhere suggested that Adam was forbidden to eat of the Tree of Life before the fall. In fact the whole point was that God intended Adam to eat of the Tree of Life in order to recieve His life and to be a child of God with HIs indwelling Life and Nature. The tragic fact is Adam failed to eat of the Tree of Life. If he had he would have had God's life within him and he would not have fallen to Satan's temptation and would not have eaten of the tree of the knowlege of good and evil.

Gods provision for Adam was the Tree of Life. And God's provision for us today is also the Tree of Life which is just Christ Himself who is, "the Way, the truth, and the Life" and "In Him was Life and this Life was the Light of men".

Graftedbranch

2005/11/27 10:47Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother GB wrote:

Quote:
If he had he would have had God's life within him and he would not have fallen to Satan's temptation and would not have eaten of the tree of the knowlege of good and evil.

This is where our differences are. I believe Adam before the fall did have God's life in him. You see the Scriptures teach that all are given a choice to obey or disobey. What Scriptures teach is that man is able to refuse God's grace. Just like when Paul teaches in Romans 8:

Rom. 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Do you hear what Scripture says?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/28 10:54Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Adam in the garden had the breath of live in him, but he did not have a nature or life force of diety. That is why there was two trees to choose from. The life of God in the tree of Life which is Christ's nature of the Father, or the tree of the knowledge of God and evil which is satan's nature and life force of diety which Adam chose and became the first Adam was just a life giving soul, that was ruled by the nature of his choice, which was of his father the devil, who was a created being also, that is why Adam so agreed with satan to his lies. 1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit. To get to the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus it takes the Word, the living Word, Jesus Christ's Spirit to exchange satan's rule of the flesh soul to the parting of the soul and spirit and even to the body that we might have the new life force and nature which is Christ Jesus born again in the new creation race of people which are now Christ-Ones. Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Now we are saved in Spirit by the Spirit of Christ, we are being saved by the Holy Spirit who works in our soulish part which is our mind teaching us this Christ that is in us, and we will be saved on resurrection morning when we get our new bodies, just like the Body of Jesus Christ that He has now.

Philippians 3:15-21 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: >>>>Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.

2005/11/28 14:22Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
This is where our differences are. I believe Adam before the fall did have God's life in him. You see the Scriptures teach that all are given a choice to obey or disobey. What Scriptures teach is that man is able to refuse God's grace. Just like when Paul teaches in Romans 8:

Well brother, God's Life is His Eternal Life. It is God Himself. Adam had a human spirit but He did not have the indwelling Spirit of God.

God gave him a choice. He chose to go the way of independance. That is the record of Genesis 3. Not my opinion.

There is no record of Adam's eating of the Tree of Life. And in the New Testament we are shown that Christ is the reality of the Tree of Life. "in Him was LIfe, and this Life is the light of men"

And Christ said, "Unless you eat my flesh and drink My blood, you have no life in yourself."

And also, "He who eats Me shall live because of Me"

Christ is the Tree of Life, He is the "Vine tree" and that the Tree of Life is a "Vine Tree is seen in Revelation because it grows on both sides of the River of the water of Life which is the Spirit.

Graftedbranch

2005/11/28 15:10Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy