SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Duet. 8:

3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.

Here again we see that God points us to His word. Why is it so important? Why do we talk about being born again; many times only speaking of a one time experience?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/10/31 15:15Profile
rookie

Re:

Duet. 6

4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Thoughout the Scriptures we hear this exhortation. Whether it is from Moses, James, Jeremiah, John, or Peter, it is always the same.

Duet 30,

19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; 20 that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

"That you may obey His voice..."
What does it mean? How does His voice implant His word in the believer's heart that he can obey?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/10/31 15:38Profile
rookie

Re:

Jer. 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Also, Hebrew 8:

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

These two verses speak of what God promises to do for those who enter into the new covenant.

How does His words fill our minds and our hearts? How does this act by God cause us to be born from above? How does this act of God cause us to know His salvation?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/1 10:55Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

To add something from a few posts ago, the word is seed. It is planted, watered and the fruit of the implanted word is salvation.

This is I believe is the way with anything of God. You asked the question about being again, that is the greatest fruit that any seed of the word can bring.

Rushing,

2005/11/1 12:14Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Zeke wrote:

Quote:
that is the greatest fruit that any seed of the word can bring.

Yes, YES, YES!

God Bless
Jeff

2005/11/1 12:38Profile
roadsign

Re: understanding covenant promises

Quote:
I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

It's good to see this reference brought into the discussion. I have to admit that a few years ago these words meant little to me, at least, not what they mean now. I'm glad the Spirit worked in me to bring me into Christ and make his Word alive in my heart.

There are just some things that we cannot properly explain or comprehend unless we have been/are there, and this new covenant promise is one example.

Just about everyone who is faithful in some kind of Christian church BELIEVES that they are saved/born again, or whatever terms they use in their denomination. And so, once someone BELIEVES they are God's children, then they also believe any that verse that applies to the saved also apply to them. They also think that they understand. I've been there, so I speak for myself.

It seems like deception can overrule amazing inconsistancies in one's understanding of the word and its application.
Diane

2005/11/1 12:57Profile
bluinos

Re:

Roadsign,

Acts 10-1 – Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no Partiality. But in every nation WHOEVER fears him and works righteousness is accepted by him.

Rom 10-10 – For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto SALVATION. For the scripture says who ever believes on HIM will not be put to shame. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is RICH to all who call upon Him. For “Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be SAVED”.

Deu 10-17 – For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.

2005/11/1 13:34Profile
rookie

Re:

Heb. 4:1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.

Why would the writer of Hebrews warn those according to the failures of most of OT Israel?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/1 14:04Profile
ZekeO

Re:

I might be sailing into stormy seas with this comment, but God does not save everyone who [size=xx-small][font=Arial]calls[/font][/size], but he certainly saves everyone who [size=xx-large][color=666666][font=Helvetica]calls[/font][/color][/size]on the name of the Lord.

I am not emphasising loudness but am emphasising the readiness of the heart. There is a crying to God which catches his heart and there is a crying to God which does'nt.

Mt thinking in this regard has been styled by a book by Walter Chantrey called 'Todays Gospel - Synthetic or Authentic'. It will explain allot about what I mean.

2005/11/1 14:15Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:

Why would the writer of Hebrews warn those according to the failures of most of OT Israel?

Because the righteous shall live by faith. It is trusting and believing that his word is true, in faith, and in that keeping faith, believing that he who promised is faithful and will accomplish that which he intends for his word.

2005/11/1 14:20Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy