SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Who is JESUS ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread

Who is JESUS ?

Someone asked if I would repost this on it's own, for 'His' sake. I've hesitated and balked for about 7-8 hours now, then the question, "Who do men say that I am ?"

This [u]whole[/u] Website is ABOUT [b]Jesus/The Lord[/b], so shouldn't we give [u]HIM[/u] the Primary focus ?

Psa 34:3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt HIS Name "together".

Psa 105:3 & 4 Glory ye in HIS Holy Name: let the heart of them rejoice that 'seek' the LORD. 'Seek' the LORD, and His strength: 'seek' His Face Evermore.

With that, I just want to "Lift Him Up", so for Him ....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One God, in three Equal Persons, yet manifesting as One God in the Beginning and again at the End, but three, somewheres inbetween.

[b]What is the 'mystery' ?

That our Creator God would die for us. One God called 'ĕlôhîym.[/b]

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God{'ĕlôhîym/plural} created the heaven and the earth.

Joh 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, [u]and the Word was God.[/u] The same was in the beginning with God.
[u]All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.[/u]

Isa 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and [u]for[/u] him {God created 'for' Himself - by Himself.}

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things [u]by[/u] Jesus Christ

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

[b]Who is this that came to Adam & Eve in the Garden ? ~~ [/b]
Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God{'ĕlôhîym/plural} walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God{'ĕlôhîym/plural} amongst the trees of the garden.

[b]The Great "I AM".

John 18:6[/b] As soon then as he had said unto them, [b]I am[/b] (he,-not in the Greek) they went backward, and fell to the ground.

He called Himself "I AM". In the "present tense".

Why did they all fall to the ground ? Not on their faces, but backwards.

That moment could have given them a space of time to repent, but as Wesley said, "probably the priests among them might persuade themselves and their attendants, that this also was done by Beelzebub; and that it was through the providence of God, not the 'indulgence' of Jesus, that they received no farther damage."

[b]Joh 8:24[/b] I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that [b]I am[/b] (he,-not in the Greek) ye shall die in your sins.

John Wesley on Joh 8:24 - " If ye believe not that I AM - Here (as in Joh_8:58) our Lord claims the Divine name, I AM, Exo_3:14."

Vincent's Word Studies ~ "I am (εγω ειμι) the words are rather the solemn expression of His absolute divine being, as in Joh_8:58 : “If ye believe not that I am.”
See Deu_32:39; Isa_43:10; and compare Joh_8:28, Joh_8:58 of this chapter, and Joh_13:19."

A.T. Roberson ~ "The phrase egō eimi occurs three times here (Joh_8:24, Joh_8:28, Joh_8:58) and also in Joh_13:19. Jesus seems to claim absolute divine being as in Joh_8:58."

[b]Joh 8:58[/b] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, [b]I am.[/b]

Matthew Henry ~ “Verily, verily, I say unto you; I do not only say it in private to my own disciples, who will be sure to say as I say, but to you my enemies and persecutors; I say it to your faces, take it how you will: Before Abraham was, I am;” prin Abraam genesthaî egō eimi, Before Abraham was made or born, I am. The change of the word is observable, and bespeaks Abraham a creature, and himself the Creator; well therefore might he make himself greater than Abraham. Before Abraham he was, First, As God. I am, is the name of God (Exo_3:14); it denotes his self-existence; he does not say, I was, but I am, for he is the first and the last, immutably the same (Rev_1:8); thus he was not only before Abraham, but before all worlds, Joh_1:1; Pro_8:23. Secondly, As Mediator. He was the appointed Messiah, long before Abraham; the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Rev_13:8), the channel of conveyance of light, life, and love from God to man. This supposes his divine nature, that he is the same in himself from eternity (Heb_13:8)"

R. A. Torrey ~ "I am: That our Lord by this expression asserted his divinity and eternal existence, as the great I AM, appears evident from the use of the present tense, instead of the past tense, from its being in answer to the Jews, who enquired whether he had seen Abraham, and from its being thus understood by the multitude, who were exasperated at it to such a degree that they took up stones to stone him. The ancient Jews not only believed that the Messiah was superior to and Lord of all the patriarchs, and even of angels, but that his celestial nature existed with God from whom it emanated, before the creation, and that the creation was effected by his ministry. Exo_3:14; Isa_43:13, Isa_44:6, Isa_44:8, Isa_46:9, Isa_48:12; Rev_1:8"

[b]Who's on the throne ?[/b]

Eze 1:26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
Eze 1:27 And I saw as the color of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
Eze 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spoke.

Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Rev 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

[b]The Express Image of God[/b]

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Eph 1:9-10 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell;
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

[b]Before the Incarnation, was there Anyone but One God ?

Now onto Future tense .....

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be King over all the earth: in 'that day' shall there be one LORD, and his Name One.[/b]

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

~ God . . . all in all--as Christ is all in all (Col 3:11 ~ "...but Christ is all, and in all." Compare Zec. 14:9 above.)

Adam Clarke ~ 1Co 15:28 - "When the administration of the kingdom of grace is finally closed; when there shall be no longer any state of probation, and consequently no longer need of a distinction between the kingdom of grace and the kingdom of glory; then the Son, as being man and Messiah, shall cease to exercise any distinct dominion and God be all in all: there remaining no longer any distinction in the persons of the glorious Trinity, as acting any distinct or separate parts in either the kingdom of grace, or the kingdom of glory, and so the one infinite essence shall appear undivided and eternal. And yet, as there appears to be a personality essentially in the infinite Godhead, that personality must exist eternally; but how this shall be we can neither tell nor know till that time comes in which we shall See Him as He Is. 1Jo_3:2."

John Gill ~ "1Co 15:28.. that God may be all in all; for by God is not meant the Father personally, but God essentially considered, Father, Son, and Spirit, who are the one true and living God; to whom all the saints will have immediate access, in whose presence they will be, and with whom they shall have uninterrupted fellowship, without the use of such mediums as they now enjoy; all the three divine Persons will have equal power and government in and over all the saints; they will sit upon one and the same throne; there will be no more acting by a delegated power, or a derived authority: God will be all things to all his saints, immediately without the use of means; he will be that to their bodies as meat and clothes are, without the use of them; and all light, glory, and happiness to their souls, without the use of ordinances, or any means; he will then be all perfection and bliss, to all the elect, and in them all, which he now is not; some are dead in trespasses and sins, and under the power of Satan; the number of them in conversion is not yet completed; and, of those that are called many are in a state of imperfection, and have flesh as well as spirit in them; and of those who are fallen asleep in Christ, though their separate spirits are happy with him, yet their bodies lie in the grave, and under the power of corruption and death; but then all being called by grace, and all being raised, and glorified in soul and body, God will be all in all: this phrase expresses both the perfect government of God, Father, Son, and Spirit, over the saints to all eternity, and their perfect happiness in soul and body, the glory of all which will be ascribed to God; and it will be then seen that all that the Father has done, in the council and covenant of peace, were all to the glory of his grace; and that all that the Son has done in the salvation of his people, is all to the glory of the divine perfections: and that all that the Spirit of God has wrought in the saints, and all that they have done under his grace and influence, are all to the praise and glory of God, which will in the most perfect manner be given to the eternal Three in One."

~ At the end of Revelation ... when all is brought back under One God ... from vs 3, do you see anything different ? ... Remembering, these 5 verses are one continuous sentence.

Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and 'his' servants shall serve 'him':
Rev 22:4 And they shall see 'his' face; and 'his' name shall be in their foreheads{Rev 3:12}.
Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for 'the Lord God' giveth them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.
Rev 22:6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and 'the Lord God' of the holy prophets sent his angel to show unto 'his' servants the things which must shortly be done.
Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the saying of the prophecy of this book. Etc.

[b]The Lamb = The Creator = God ~[/b]

Rev 10:6 And swore by him that liveth forever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

~ The Lamb comes out of the "midst" (or middle) of the throne, otherwhere's seen as from in "the bosom" of God. Still One God.

[b]"The Mystery"[/b] .... to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God, The New Jersusalem, with GOD. (all that Adam 'had', plus lots more :)

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be 'with them', and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
~~NEXT THREE VERSES ARE IN 'RED'.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Glory To God.

2005/9/22 1:12

Re: Who is JESUS ?

Psa 34:3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt HIS Name "together" ?????

This is not about me.

GrannieAnnie is DEAD.

This is about JESUS.

Last nite again, I took a cruise through all the back pages of the boards and saw, "how many views" of certain threads ... and "replies" on threads present and past and being the statistical analysis type that I've been, my heart was broken.

There were similar threads to this one in the past, that also had few views and no responses.

But bring up some other type subjects and you get over 800 views in just a few days.

Could someone here please explain this to me ?

I see JESUS crying/grieving ....... does anyone else ?

Edit: When I posted this, this thread had 37 views.
Dating had 875.

2005/9/23 17:20
LetUsPray

Hi GrannieAnnie,

You are right. It is NOT about you, it is NOT about me, it is all about HIM!

Even though I may have confused you a lot or a bit at times, if it wasn't for Jesus I wouldn't be here.

I have sooooo much to say, but I try to be careful with what I say. The title does a lot it seems, Jesus not so much.

Like you said recently: God help us.

God bless us all and forgive us.

2005/9/23 17:33Profile

Re: Let's talk about Jesus.

This is the thing brother. If we could just have one thread where we 'just' talk about HIM.

Where we Glorify only HIM "together" :-).

Where few sentences start with "I".

Where it's almost all Scripture or quotes, etc.

Here is something Manfred posted from T.A. Sparks that may be our KEY to personal revival.

[b]Quote:

Man had put his hand on Divine things. When the glory of life, the glory of joy, the glory of spiritual fulness, the glory of Divine power departs, and comes under a shadow, or is eclipsed or limited, it is usually because man’s hand has touched the testimony. Man’s nature has insinuated itself— that is, his judgment, his ideas, his thoughts, his will, his emotions—into this matter. David’s mind got to work, David’s emotions got to work, and it was a very emotional scene. David’s will got to work, so that his soul, mind, heart and will came out to touch Divine things. It was of man. And whenever it is like that, if our judgments and our emotions and our decisions lay hold of the things of God, we will be left without the glory. The glory will depart, or the glory will be under eclipse, or the glory will be limited. Yes, it is a long story, as it began in Genesis: “Lest he put forth his hand.”

Well, that is the dark side, but it is well that we took a glance at that side, because that is so largely the trouble today. There is an absence of the glory, or a limiting of the glory, and our hearts are crying out for the glory to return. We are always praying that the glory of the Lord may be manifested, we are always asking the Lord that the glory might be known and felt. But, you see, we have got to get out of the way before that can be. We must give the Lord all the place in order for that to happen. It has to be all the Lord.

So, on the one side, there are the limiting of human abilities and powers of mind and will. On the other side, through that limiting or excluding of that natural human element, there is the coming in of the Lord, the increase of Christ, because then Christ is our wisdom, Christ is our strength, Christ is our will, Christ is our all. Dear friends, that is the pathway of the glory. And that pathway is painful to the flesh, very painful, because this flesh is very strong, much stronger than we would believe, yet it is there.[/b]

Glory to Jesus ! Praise His Glorious Name. Amen.

2005/9/23 18:25
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

Wonderful, Merciful Savior

Wonderful, merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb
Could rescue the souls of men
Oh you rescue the souls of men

Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have
Hopelessly lost the way
Oh, we've hopelessly lost the way

You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace
Our hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for

Almighty, infinite Father
Faithfully loving Your own
Here in our weakness You find us
Falling before Your throne
Oh, we're falling before Your throne

2005/9/23 18:44Profile

Re:

:-D THAT song 'just now' played on the radio dullrainbow.

The Holy Spirit confirming - PRAISE TO JESUS.

Watchman Nee wrote a book called ....

"Christ: The 'Sum Total' of All Spiritual Things"

Thank you Lord for that song.

2005/9/23 18:52
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Jesus: He's the lover of my soul. The creator of all that is, and yet put Himself into the body of the only creatures He made that don't obey Him, that we might have life with Him. Sovereign and almighty, and yet fair at our level. The Alpha and Omega, yet can look at us eye to eye. The word that comes to mind right now that sums up Jesus: worthy.

He could not have done anything further to prove Himself. Man can never say, 'God doesn't know what it is like to be human.' What a fair judge, who walks the path of those on trial before making His decision. Proves Himself on God's level and man's.

His cause is just, His actions were just, and His wrath is just. I still can't make total sense of that, maybe if I was living the way I should I could see it, but His judgment is fair. What a great and terrible day. Sinners getting what they deserve, His children getting what we don't, and God getting all the glory.

What a life we would live if we remembered with every breath that the Lamb is worthy. If we truly realized that everything we have is only because He has given it to us.

Oh, that God might be real to us. Whatever that means, LORD, if it puts us on our face, making us confess our hidden sins to our brothers and sisters, dying to the world, whatever judgment You bring, LORD, visit your people.

2005/9/24 1:06Profile

Re: WORTHY OF ALL THE GLORY !

:-) Amen LGB !

Yes, [u]Worthy to Receive 'All' the Glory[/u] !

[This taken from Manfred's T.A. Sparks again. From "We Beheld His Glory - Vol. 2]

[b][u]What the Glory of God Is.[/u]

The glory of God is the expression of the satisfaction of His nature. When and where God's nature - His very being - is satisfied, that satisfaction emanates, and there is a spirit of inexpressible joy, peace, rest, beauty, wonder, harmony, and life. All these elements are the components or constituents of what is called "Glory." When any person is filled with this spirit and experiences something of these elements, almost the only suitable and adequate exclamation is "Glory!"

"O, what a foretaste of glory Divine!"

[i]If our whole life was gathered up into one particular object and concern, so that we had nothing else to justify our existence, and that object was a consuming passion, so that for it we lived, thought, planned, sacrificed, suffered, worked, and longed with an unutterable longing; and then that object was realized, reached, possessed: if that happened, we should be quite unable to shut it all in to ourselves it would break out and affect all around us. In its realm it would be what we would call "Glory" we should exclaim, "Isn't it glorious?!"[/i]

Well, lift it all into the so much greater and higher realm of Infinite God; make it eternal and not of time; spiritual and not merely temporal; immortal and not corruptible; and that - where it exists - is Divine Glory, and it is affecting and wonderfully satisfying.

God's nature craves for that which corresponds to it. God's nature contains the elements of His purpose and desire. Out of His very being He has projected His purpose. To that purpose He has committed Himself; has planned, laboured, thought, sacrificed, suffered, longed; and for its sake He is never resting. When He sees it, in its beginning or increase, in its principle or growth, His "good pleasure," satisfaction and joy are ministered to, so that those concerned register and share His satisfaction; and that is "Glory."

Let us use the key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Rev 5:12-13) Saying with a loud voice, 'Worthy' is the Lamb that was slain to receive Power, and Riches, and Wisdom, and Strength, and Honor, and Glory, and Blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and Honor, and Glory, and Power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever. [/b]

2005/9/24 2:06

Re: Can we see His Glory ?

Yes !

[b]Rev 1:8 ~ I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the 'Almighty'.

{ Exo 6:3 And I 'appeared' unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God 'Almighty' ....

Isa 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isa 48:12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am He; I am the first, I also am the last. }

(1:11) I Am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last.....

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

His head and His hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire; And His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and His voice as the sound of many waters.

And He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword and His countenance was as the sun shineth in His strength.

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead.

And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the First and the Last:
I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

~~~

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; [u]and he had a Name written, that no man knew, but He Himself.[/u]

And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God...

And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.[/b]

(above from Rev 1 & 19)

[b]2Co 6:18 And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.....

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Glory ![/b]

2005/9/25 2:41

Re: What is Paul saying ?

1Co 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1Co 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

2005/9/26 0:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy