Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Old Tesatment vs New Testament

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Mike wrote:

Quote:
Maybe a deeper searching into what all is contained in that would bring forth a closing of the gap in our thinking of what is perceived between the "Old" and the "New". It seems to carry both a sense of completion while yet raising the standard even higher. That of what Jesus stated in regards to the righteousness of the Pharisees ... surpassing

There is much more to be learned during this particular time of the coming judgement of Judah. Those whom God saved were sent into captivity to various places. Some went to Babylon some north to Assiriah (SP). During this generation few were believers. Yet God saved a remnant for Himself. Those who went into captivity recieved their life as a reward for not wholeheartidly giving into to the wicked ways of men surrounding them. But yet they themselves had become hard of "hearing."

Then look to the time of captivity. Read about those who lived in captivity. God began to raise up another generation from those who were given their lives and saved from God's wrath. Read Ezekiel, Hosea, Nehemiah, Ezra. God brings His elect back to their former homeland. Read about the celebration that takes place concerning Succoth. Read the book of Zechariah. God begins to work Spiritually in this generation. He begins with Joshua the high priest. Listen to the work of Christ in Zechariah 3. This is an example of God creating a new generation through the power of His Holy Spirit.

There is always a remnant of faithful believers which God works upon to create a Holy Branch in the midst of unfaithful and heathen populations. These people are all fed from the Root of Jesse.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/9/30 13:15Profile
Rahman

Re: Old Tesatment vs New Testament

[b]Greetings all![/b]

[b]Br. Jeff you wrote:[/b]

"Our family will be moving to Lancaster County Pennsylvania in June. That is almost in your neck of the woods."

Brother Jeff ... yes ... Lancaster is about 80 miles from me ... That's in the heart of the Pennsylvania Dutch ... Please let me know when you get here ...

[b]Brother Mike ...[/b]

Speaking for myself, and i pray both Ironman and Jimm would agree, there is no animosity between us ... And the only departure was from that very subject of "prophecy", as it was (i believe) His time for us all to be disconnected from it ... As you said it gave us all a lot to concider, and departure from the subject has disconnected any possibility of our enemy getting in between us and keeping us from staying in Christ commandment that we love one another ... As to the "shutting down" and/or "shutting up", there is a season for everything under the sun, and like you this has been a good quiet down time that Holy Spirit has been able to remove enough of my "self" out of the way to hear the concerns of others ... Our Lord is good like that to all of us of pure heart (which as you say we still hear in one another), and bless Him that "all things work together for the good of we that love our Lord, and are called according to His purpose" ... Even our strivings, and often times bickerings, if out of our sincere love for Him and an ever diligent seeking toward understanding more of Him and His will for us, will always come out in the end to our/His good ... That's His promise to us! ...

You wrote;

"Where will we be able to purchase this work Rahman? How wonderful to know one of our own has developed something into production, I eagerly look forward to it."

i'm waiting on the publisher to e-mail me that the web-page for The Called has been set up (which will probably be some time in the beginning of October), at which point i'll let you know ... it will be advertised (according to them) to 25,000 Christian book stores, also to secular book stores (because i'm really interested in the unsaved gaining a fuller understanding of God's salvation plan), and will be available on-line from the likes of Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc ...

i just pray that God gets ALL THE GLORY out of it (if in fact as i've said before this proves to be of Him) in the form of a multitude of souls being harvested into His kingdom, and by the percentage of the proceeds that (i believe) i've heard Him say for me to store up/invest toward the provision (in famine) of the church He's assigned me too, as well as of giving to missions and the poor ...

i pray God that thru this vehicle He will finally totally immerse me in His work ... Really we all need to be totally immersed in the work of our Lord Jesus ..."Only One Life, Twill Soon Be Past, Only What's Done For Christ Will Last ... Amen

2005/9/30 15:21Profile
Rahman

Re: Old Tesatment vs New Testament

Bro. Mike ...

THE CALLED is NOW available to the public ...

i posted the info over on this thread ...

What God Showed His Prophet Enoch ... THE CALLED: is finally published ...
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7492&forum=35&0

It's fitting under this thread because the novel explains the beginning ties of the OT (why?) to the NT(how) ... The second part of the trilogy, GOD ON EARTH really brings it home in that it tells historically even more
of His story/plan from Gen. 33 right on up to John's recieving the Revelation ...

Now to see what Holy Ghost will do with this novel!

2005/10/3 17:08Profile
rookie

Re:

Ezekiel 11:

14 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 15 Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the LORD: unto us is this land given in possession. 16 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come. 17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. 18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. 19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. 21 But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their way upon their own heads, saith the Lord GOD.

Who are the two groups of people identified here in this section of Scripture?

One is faithful the other is not. What promise does God give to those who are faithful? What is the nature of this promise?

To whom is this promise, promised?

Do you see the mysteries of God's promise at work in the captivity?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/10/4 14:17Profile
rookie

Re:

Jer. 24:1 The LORD showed me, and there were two baskets of figs set before the temple of the LORD, after Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and the princes of Judah with the craftsmen and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon. 2 One basket had very good figs, like the figs that are first ripe; and the other basket had very bad figs which could not be eaten, they were so bad. 3 Then the LORD said to me, “What do you see, Jeremiah?”

And I said, “Figs, the good figs, very good; and the bad, very bad, which cannot be eaten, they are so bad.”

Jer. 24:4 Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 5 “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel: ‘Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge those who are carried away captive from Judah, whom I have sent out of this place for their own good, into the land of the Chaldeans. 6 For I will set My eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land; I will build them and not pull them down, and I will plant them and not pluck them up. 7 Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.

This section of Scripture also speaks of the work that God would do at the end of the 70 year exile of the remnant Israel.

What does it mean the God would "give them a heart to know Me?"

Are you willing to hear the word of God or do you choose to remain not hearing.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/10/5 12:38Profile
rookie

Re:

Psalm 143:

7 Answer me speedily, O LORD;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.
8 Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.
9 Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies;
In You I take shelter.
10 Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.

Do you think an OT saint would want the same thing as David spoke of here in these Scriptures?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/10/7 12:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy