SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where are God's Mighty Men?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
HopeinChrist

Where are God's Mighty Men?

In the area I am from, you can walk into any church and women outnumber the men 3 to one, some churches much more. Then of the ones who are there physically a great percentage are passive and will not be a leader in their home, church or community. I am wondering if this is typical for the church universal or if it is particular demonic stronghold over my region. To the men here, do you have any idea why this is? Do you think men see church as a feminine thing? (I am not saying that going to church equates serving God but I think the former is a byproduct of the later) I wonder sometimes if men have any idea how much their wives desire to see them stand as a priest over their homes. I can't imagine that submission would ever be an issue when the head is following God. I really hope this is not coming across that I am bashing men because my heart is just the opposite, I want to see men built up in the Lord. I continually pray for the men in my community and will as long as God gives me breath.

I know there are men who love God and stand for righteousness. This forum is evidence of that. There is just not enough of them. God bless all of you Mighty Men of God. I pray God keep his hand upon you, guide you into all truth and strengthen you continually in the inner man.
Hope

2005/8/26 0:45Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Where are God's Mighty Men?

Unfortunatly you are right on this statistic!!
I did some research on it awhile ago!!

2005/8/26 0:58Profile
Marc_W

London Zone 3

Re:

I think it comes down to that old thing "men just don't like to ask for directions."

Men are looking for answers as much as women, they just don't wan't to admit it, "sign of weakness."

2005/8/26 3:49Profile
Tears_of_joy

Quote:
I am wondering if this is typical for the church universal or if it is particular demonic stronghold over my region.

I can confirm that about my country also. Maybe even more - some 4-5 women to one man. I don't know why is so, the first thing that is coming to my mind is the man's pride. They don't want to be ordered by someone else. Pride... I remember someone said that the greatest sin is "Not surrendering your life to the Lord, but I will rule it by myself"

Quote:
Then of the ones who are there physically a great percentage are passive

This is also true.

2005/8/26 5:57Profile

Re:

Sounds like there is no excuse for a serious Christian man not to find a good Christian wife!

Seriously tho... I think it's always kinda been that way. Notice the women were the ones who first knew that Jesus had risen from the dead.

Krispy

2005/8/26 6:00
ginnyrose

Mississippi

It is true females are more responsive to the gospel then males. However, did you ever notice that churches who practice 1 Corinthians 11:1-15 do not have this problem? something to consider..

ginnyrose

2005/8/26 9:09Profile

Re:

i am a man... the reason lies in humility. Have you ever realized the only thing we can do towards God is humility? nothing else? you can't dance, praise God or sing or serve or anything else, even pray without humility. it's nerve racking. that's why i believe weeping is very important.

2005/8/26 22:19
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

HopeinChrist,

We have the same thing, more or less. That's why we need a Holy Ghost revival to set things straight.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."

"And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment"

When the Holy Ghost falls, people repent. That's what we need to be praying for: cleansing.

2005/8/27 4:27Profile
Compton

Re: Ginnyrose

Quote:
It is true females are more responsive to the gospel then males. However, did you ever notice that churches who practice 1 Corinthians 11:1-15 do not have this problem?

Ginny,

Could you explain further your observation?

Thanks!

MC

2005/8/27 5:49Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Do you think that God will sort out his problem

Do you think this great divide will be sorted out!!
Dom

2005/8/30 20:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy