SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pat Robertson's comments

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Pat Robertson's comments

[i]"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said Monday on the Christian Broadcast Network's "The 700 Club."

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ..."[/i]

I think ol' Pat is a loose cannon. Probably time for him to retire and enjoy the laid back life. There is certainly a time for military action... but I dont believe it is the church's place to advocate assassinating someone. That is not what the "great commission" is about.

Krispy

2005/8/23 9:49
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Pat Robertson's comments

Pat's just trying to protect his investment he does want any bombs landing on his material things, maybe he plans on taking them with him. Just kidding! I really don't know what to think about his comments, Thank God it's a good thing he is not the President. :-?

2005/8/23 10:36Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

2Tim. 3:1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Luke 6:

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/8/23 10:36Profile
Compton

Quote:
but I dont believe it is the church's place to advocate assassinating someone.

What makes us think that CBN has anything to do with church? ;-)

2005/8/23 13:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

For what it is worth, what in the world does Pat Robertson really know about politics and wars? I think sometimes when I see him on Fox News and the like, he has some decent insights... but so does about anybody else at a Coffee Shop.

Also, how do we know knocking out another head will not cause the rise of another more awful one... or perhaps create several more leaders who are able to better motivate others to the same wicked ends? Do we assasinate people simply because it is cheaper to do so? Of course, if they counterstrike, perhaps their strike will be more devistating than what ours was? Maybe Bin Laden has a plan already devised should he be taken out of the picture that somebody is probably ready to fulfill. 'Tiz all crazy.

2005/8/23 14:52Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Thank God it's a good thing he is not the President.

Well, he obviously thought one day God thought it would be a good idea for him to be such.

2005/8/23 14:55Profile

Re:

I think he's just getting cranky in his old age. Maybe this Venezualian dictator walked across Pat's lawn or something...

Krispy

2005/8/23 14:59

Re:

Here is some more comments Pat Robertson made concerning blowing up the State Department:

[i]Introducing Mowbray on his show, Robertson said that a reader of his book could conclude that the State Department needed a nuclear explosion.

"I read your book," Robertson said. "When you get through, you say, 'If I could just get a nuclear device inside Foggy Bottom, I think that's the answer,' and you say, 'We've got to blow that thing up.' I mean, is it as bad as you say?" Robertson said.

"It is," Mowbray said, although his book never suggests that the State Department should be blown up with a nuclear device.

Foggy Bottom is the nickname for the State Department's Washington headquarters.

In a June interview with Mowbray on the "700 Club", Robertson made similar remarks.

"Maybe we need a very small nuke thrown off on Foggy Bottom to shake things up like Newt Gingrich wants to do," he said.[/i]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think I hear a song... ah yes... can you all hear it? Listen...

[i]They're coming to take me away, HA HA
They're coming to take me away, HO HO HEE HEE HA HA
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men
In their clean, white coats
And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa![/i]

Krispy

2005/8/23 15:53
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

God imparted great wisdom to King Solomon and he declared that you are the essence of the contents that are within your heart. It is a matter of fact that whatever is in your heart, whether good or bad, will eventually come to the surface and be revealed by the words that you speak. Jesus confirmed this in Luke 6:45 when He said, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth that which is good, and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Not only will the thoughts of your heart be revealed with words, but those words will create an atmosphere around you. It is a circle of events. Your heart thinks, your mouth speaks, and then your life becomes what you have spoken. It is not a mind over matter thing. It is a principle of God's word, for His word says that there is life and death in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21). So be careful what you think and be cautious of your words, for that is what you will become.

James said that our tongue is like the rudder of a ship that controls and steers the vessel. Consider your course of direction. Where are your words taking you; towards the hazardous rocky shores or to the smooth deep waters?

2005/8/23 16:55Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Quote:
I think I hear a song... ah yes... can you all hear it? Listen...

Just a thought.

Doesn't Scripture teach that if one is a true believer, God restores the mind and renews daily those who are His?

The song He gives us overcomes the songs of this world.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/8/24 11:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy