SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The bible is not "the Word"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Aw come on youse guys ... someone asked what the point of all of these pages were.

I think ALL things work together for the good, to work us into the Image of Christ Rom 8:28,29.

And this verse comes to mind ...

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

'LOVE' y'all.

big mouth Annie ;-)

2005/8/24 17:18
PassingThru

Re:

Blake

Drawing on your analogy of the secretary...

Quote:

For example, let's say that I need to write a letter to my dear friend Krispy. In order to do so, I call upon my secretary to write the letter. I tell her the message I wish to convey. My secretary then writes the letter using his own words.

... although the exact wording may be chosen by the secretary, in the same way a translator has can choose between different wordings in a tranlation, the Word itself still belongs to the originator.

A secretary isn't expected to add, nor take from the meaning of the message - hence the curse at the end of the book of Revelations. The message is fully endorsed by the secretary´s employer as his being own. If it wasn't, the function of a secretary, a translator, or prophet for that matter would be pointless.

What would be the point of sending the letter at all if it was considered corrupt because a secretary typed it out? Why would God have bothered to inspire prophets if the message conveyed by them was corrupted in the process?

Another problem with discarding the authority of the Bible, is that you are left without a fixed reference point. Your answer may be that your refernce point is "whatever the Holy Spirit tells me". If you have just discarded the Bible's authority based on the possibility of human failure, how can you be so sure of your own spiritual hearing?

Contrary to what eastern religions may teach, there is such a thing as an absolute truth. Anything which isn't based on some fixed references, guidelines and the limitations they impose, can never be, nor become strong.

At this point you may ask "what are God's limitations?". God cannot do anything contrary to his nature. He cannot break his promises for example.

PassingThru

2005/8/24 17:30Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: The bible is not "the Word"

Sir, I did not read the entire thread, so please excuse me if someone has asked this question....why are you asking this question? Are you trying to worm your away around something the Scriptures is asking you to do but do not want to do it?

Just wondering...seems a little odd to me that a Christian would post this question unless he is a new one.

ginnyrose

2005/8/24 17:31Profile
ellie

UK

Re: beenblake

Hi beanblake,

Did you ever come on here, as a member under the name of Logic, or one of his friends?

ellie

2005/8/24 17:46Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re: Huh?

Quote:
Quick could someone please grab that stick out of the barrel this is getting stinky.

surely you're not referring to me are you? ;)

2005/8/24 17:59Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

Quote:
Did you ever come on here, as a member under the name of Logic, or one of his friends?

that's funny :-P

2005/8/24 18:00Profile

Re:

ginnyrose, I guess you would have to read the whole thread to get the gist of what this person is saying.

He's talking to Blake, about The Word of God, and that's it's NOT corrupt and it is trustworthy.

Passingthru is trying to show Blake ....

Quote:
What would be the point of sending the letter at all if it was considered corrupt because a secretary typed it out? Why would God have bothered to inspire prophets if the message conveyed by them was corrupted in the process?

Another problem with discarding the authority of the Bible, is that you are left without a fixed reference point. Your answer may be that your refernce point is "whatever the Holy Spirit tells me". If you have just discarded the Bible's authority based on the possibility of human failure, how can you be so sure of your own spiritual hearing?

That's what all the guys have been posting to Blake, but in different ways ... that's all.

Love to you.
Annie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellie, I doubt that's Logic, because I know of Logic's Pastor, a very good and sound man ... and I doubt that Logic would talk that way.

I think Blake is just Blake.

And I think that, maybe, like the rest of us ... Blake just needs some time, to sort things out.

Pray one for another, makes sense to me right now.

Love you Ellie.

Annie

2005/8/24 18:02
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Annie,

This is the question that was originally posted:

The bible is not "the Word"
Why is the bible called, the "Word of God" or "God's Word"? Where in the bible does it say that scripture is the word of God?

This is the sentiment I was referring to. It has been my experience that when one is apostasizing, the first thing they do is to discredit the word of God! This is why I asked the question....

And know from reading the threads many will go off on rabbit trails....

Thanks for posting, Annie.
ginnyrose

2005/8/24 18:09Profile

Re: OOPS !

Oh, I'm sorry ginnyrose ,,, I thought ya meant "passingthru's" post.

I guess after 7 pages, we're all getting a little post drunk here. (well, look at inotof there. He's loosin' it ~ ha !)

I don't know if it's rabbit trailed ... I reckon it may have gotten Hay-Wired though.

Thanks for correcting my ignorance.

I'm REALLY OPEN to that :-D . Need all the help I can get lately.

Love again.

Annie

And who knows ... maybe Ellie's right too :-).

2005/8/24 18:18
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: false doctrin

beenblake

It was asked earlier in this thread, and you ignored the question, so I will ask you again.. What is you faith association ???
Greg :-o

2005/8/24 20:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy