SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Banishment from a public library?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ellie

UK

Re: dougkristen on 2005/8/23 21:07:12

dougkristen on 2005/8/23 21:07:12

Quote:
We take our children on a regular basis to the local library.

A Thought or two.......
When you go to the Library with your children. Go take a look at what is on the shelves of the childrens section and other shelves nearby, of say a really 'not good subject' as Denny Explained on his posting. Then make a complaint, that it is on the childrens section and as a parent you are concerned etc. (Not in front of your children though).

Of course this could only be done through Prayer, in asking God about these matters.

ellie

2005/8/23 19:00Profile
ellie

UK

Re: Banishment from a public library?

Denny,
I have been thinking more about the Library. People who find things in books in the Public Libray, are aloud to complain that it is in the book. The borrower may not agree with the the literature and so may complain. The Library then has to implement the rules, to the person who has done it.
Would it not be better to stand somewhere outside and hand out your leaflets there.

ellie

2005/8/23 19:09Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re:

Quote:
Would it not be better to stand somewhere outside and hand out your leaflets there.

That doesn't work for all libraries. City libraries may have access to pedestrians whereas rural libraries may be set far off of the road.

Either way, I have found it tro be very beneficial to put applicable literature into applicable books. That way, the desired target gets the information even if it's weeks later.

2005/8/23 20:00Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re:

Quote:
When you go to the Library with your children. Go take a look at what is on the shelves, of say a really not good subject as Denny Explained on his posting.

I will second this advice. I have often seen young boys flipping through sexually oriented books and magazines in public libraries. The temptation will be there when the material is freely available. Be careful.

2005/8/23 20:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy