SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : GAS PRICES!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

GAS PRICES!

Anyone other than us feeling the pinch from the gas prices?? My wife and I were doing our budget for the month and we discovered we're spending over $200 a month [b]more[/b] for gas than we were this time last year! This is really hurting one income families like us (homeschoolers). We're driving much less, and paying 2/3's more a month for gas!

Fox News reported on friday that most of the oil companies are reporting that for the last quarter (3 months) their PROFITS were up [b]59%[/b] over what they were the previous quarter. Thats immoral!

I'd like to take some of these oil execs and make them come live with us for a month... see how the other half lives.

Anyone else getting mad over this? Or is it just me? It's $2.60 here in NC.

Krispy

2005/8/15 9:30
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: GAS PRICES!

I did not know you lived in NC my wife has an aunt and uncle in Hendersonville, Gas prices? yes there taking there toll on most everyone I am sure. I am in the service business and we have had to go up on our service calls to compensate for the price hikes, I wonder if the oil company folks are praying folks because they better be praying that no one comes up with an idea to make a car run on salt water. :-?
I think Tony Stewart's car has been running on Nitromethane lately. :-)

2005/8/15 10:25Profile

Re:

Hendersonville, you say? Thats about 10 miles from my house. I live in Henderson county. Small world.

If I drive down to South Carolina I can save about 12 or 14 cents a gallon because NC taxes per/gal are much higher. I'm not usually heading in that direction... so it hasnt been worth the extra couple miles.

Krispy

2005/8/15 10:31
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well now, if we ever get up there to visit them now we have two families we can visit, because I sure would stop by if you will let me park my Black 86 Monte Carlo SS in your drive.

2005/8/15 10:35Profile
Strick

I used to live in Marion and Morganton, on I-40. Now I'm in Panama City, Florida, and the price just went up to about $2.50.

2005/8/15 10:37Profile

Hi Krispy,

You are talking gallons not litres aren't you?

By my reckoning we are paying around $7.0 a gall.

2005/8/15 10:49

Re:

Quote:
By my reckoning we are paying around $7.0 a gall.

How do you afford that?? (yea, gallons here in the US... we're too stubborn to convert to metric)

What do you do? Ride a bike everywhere? Or maybe a water buffalo?

When you live in a rural area like I do, you have no choice... you have to drive. No city buses out my way.... no city out my way!

I remember an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard where they ran their hot rod cars on moonshine... wonder if that will really work? Anyone got any corn, sugar, yeast and copper line?

Krispy

2005/8/15 11:05

Re: GAS PRICES

Listen bro Krispy,

It is at least 50 years since an inventive little man in the UK was given the stonewall by car manufacturers because he had worked out how to convert his to work on water. He had made a little gadget that took about half and hour to fit, which WORKED. True. A famous journalist, (now passed on), had interviewed him as a young newspaper reporter and was amazed at the lack of interest. Of course the cost of patent and development was too much for the inventor, so, to the wall it went. :-? Heartbreaking.

And no. Waterbuffalo don't live here. ;-) We do without other things, if we need gas.

2005/8/15 11:37

Re:

Quote:
We do without other things, if we need gas.

Yea, in our case we'll be going without groceries before too long.

I've heard that lots of patents have gone by the wayside because the oil companies and the car companies want us where they have us.

Give me a horse. (And I dont mean a Mustang)

Krispy

2005/8/15 11:44
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Some interpret this that in the end times a penny (denarius-which would be about a days wage [Matt 20]) will be how much it cost to buy a meal. One days wage to buy one meal?? If that is true then it looks like we are leading up to it.

2005/8/15 13:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy