SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Which Version which is not english other than greek or hebrew version is the most accuate!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Dom,
I don't know if this would help, but there's another free Bible program, almost as good as e-sword, that comes in several languages.

I have it and use it sometimes and some may even like it better than e-sword. I dunno ?

www.onlinebible.org

2005/8/20 0:02
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Dom
GrannieAnnie is right. The online bible is a fine resource and will give you some features that aren't in e-sword. I used the different versions of online for over 20 years and had some contact with, Larry Pierce, its creator in the early years. I worked with the early versions for the visually handicapped. At one stage he suggested the possibility of me being his agent in the UK. I say this to establish my credentials as a loyal online supporter... before I say that I think you will find e-sword much more user friendly It will not give you guite so many options as online but you don't need them, and esword rate of adding new materials is very high.

However for Mac users their is a Tiger version which is undergoing beta testing. Mac users have at least one first rate programme in Accordance but it is expensive (to my view) and the additional modules are very expensive. Many modules which will cost you $40 or more will be free with the Online for Mac. This is part and parcel of Larry Pierce's philosophy which was to provide the programme (he is Canadian and insists on 'proper' spellling!) freely.

There is a esword equivalent for the Mac but it is still a bit rough around the edges. It has some good (and free) modules but not the choice available to Windows esword users. The interface is a not very intuitive but it is useable.

2005/8/20 3:50Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I know about esword the best version is the version for the pocket pc and the pc if it is you own!!!! The only problem with esword at the moment is there is no online addition!!
I think it is cool!!!

2005/8/20 22:04Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
The only problem with esword at the moment is there is no online addition

Do you mean for the Pocket PC?

2005/8/21 4:05Profile
Manfred

Continental Europe

Re:

I personally use the Online Bible as it has the French Darby translation. It is very easy to use and I think that it is "lighter" than esword, which means that it runs better on older PCs.

One feature of the Online which I find useful is when one wants to select a verse or passage so as to insert it in a Word document. You have to select it but the pasting is automatic.

Manfred

2005/8/21 5:16Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I was suppose to say for the PC and the pocket PC, the thing that I dislike about it is that I cannot access it everywhere!!!

2005/8/21 18:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy