SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is having Children in these evil days wise?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/07/29/why-earth-overshoot-day-and-the-ecological-footprint-are-pseudoscientific-nonsense/?sh=52a6de837e76

2021/6/12 23:28Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Well that’s good news.

2021/6/13 7:11Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Is having Children in these evil days wise?

brother John,

Children are a blessing...
3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Wise... according to whom?
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Pray dear brother and if this desire for children is from the Lord then He will give you peace (assurance) of His will and if not He will withhold it and there will be speculation and confusion, lacking the spiritual light (His presence) necessary to proceed in faith down that path.

(For me) it is wise to, in everything, respond to the Lord in love, faith and thanksgiving... tho often we react to the world and it’s lies with fear and frustration.
Much like the grossly disproportionate misrepresentation of the homosexual community in media, (the actual number is exponentially lower than we are led to believe hovering between 2.7-3.0%) so too is the power of the subversive influence,... after all it isn’t the truth, it’s a web deception built on a foundation of lies. And we are those who walk in the light of truth not those who shrink back 🙏🏻

As for overpopulation... the “planet” can easily sustain far greater numbers of people but the ability of man to control them has a much lower limit - hence all the misinformation and disinformation in an attempt to deceive the masses into accepting their lies essentially submitting to their doctrine.
We sometimes do this (submitting) without even noticing.... but the fruit testifies of it’s root -

2021/6/13 10:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Should you have children given the boldness of evil that runs unchecked? Let me share a testimony.

Back in the late 1960s Khrushchev, the First Secretary of the Communist Party of the USSR, declared they will take over the USA by 1972. In that time frame I was birthing children and I was scared spitless! I had read testimonies of parents in communists countries in how they raised their children so I took lessons - Teaching them the WORD, memorizing scripture. 1972 came and went and the USA was not taken over by the Communists,so I relaxed, to my shame.While we still taught the WORD the urgency was gone. By 1980 we had a total of five children.

Today, the evil is bolder, more aggressive, or, so it seems. Yet, Ecclesiastes 7:10: says, "Do not say, 'Why is it that the former days were better than these?' For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this."

Being practical, I suggest you may have to leave your country if you believe it poses a serious threat to your well-being. Many have done so in the past and still are doing it. Ask the LORD to direct you knowing He is more interested in you then you are - this is the key.

God's blessing on you.

Sandra

2021/6/22 21:50Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Question was, "Is having Children in these evil days wise?"

Yes. Absolutley! Christian parents are called to raise up the Elijahs, Elishas, Esthers, Deborahs, Pauls, Timothys and Jehus of our day! It would be most unwise to allow the only people training up children to be the God haters.

As far as the spiritually digressing culture ... MANY revival fires are burning. Not getting a ton of press but crashing into the darkness and pushing it back none the less.

We dare not abandon the schools, cities, and cultures to the enemy. NO! Instead of cursing the darkness invade it with the light of Christ and the Gospel. The church has to quit bemoaning the situation and aggressively start impacting it with the delivering power of Christ. God help the church to grow a backbone like a crowbar set in concrete. We have been far to soft for far to long.

Should we be having children? A resounding YES!! Furthermore, we must train them to be world changers with a fearlessness for Christ! They are born for such a time as this!

2021/6/23 20:46Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Hundreds of years ago you had eight children of which four survived until adulthood. Live expectancy was perhaps around 40-50 years and wars, famines and place where commonplace. Few people have access to education and you were in some sort of bondage to local rulers. Now we live in unprecedented prosperity, have medical care, schooling, safety, and relative justice. I admit, we also live in times of unprecedented lawlessness.
The outward conditions for having children have never been better, yet we are having fewer and fewer children.
In former days we shared our poverty with big families and now we are reluctant to share our prosperity.
The richest nations in the world have a both rate that rivals the Vatican!

2021/6/24 16:14Profile
crossvid

Re:

Should you have children given the boldness of evil that runs unchecked? Let me share a testimony. https://get-vidmate.com https://instasave.onl/

2021/9/28 7:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy