SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jesus' Curse of Israel and Promise Concerning Them

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: saying, rolling, thinking

"So what would you say is the promise to the Jews then? Do they have anything more to hope for?

The promise and the hope in the book of Acts;

Therefore let all Israel know with certainty that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ!” When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and asked Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This promise belongs to you and your children and to all who are far off—to all whom the Lord our God will call to Himself.”

With many other words he testified, and he urged them, “Be saved from this corrupt generation.” Those who embraced his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to the believers that day.
Acts 2:36-41

________

"Will they come back to their savor or have they blown their opportunity when Christ ministered in their land?"

Opportunity calls;

‘AND IT SHALL BE, THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.’

“Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know— this Man, delivered up by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.
Acts 2:21-23

_________

"What role do you think plays present day Israel in Gods plan?

None..according to Jesus' own words.

"Do you think God will still deal with Israel particularly in the end times or do you think it all finished in 70 a.D.?"

No...according to Jesus' own words.

2021/5/29 13:30Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

["What role do you think plays present day Israel in Gods plan?

None..according to Jesus' own words.]

So, who do you think orchestrated the rebirth of Israel as a nation and who sustained her against all odds?

Is is happenstance of fulfillment of prophesy or is it a rebellion against God's plan?

["Do you think God will still deal with Israel particularly in the end times or do you think it all finished in 70 a.D.?"

No...according to Jesus' own words.]

This is why I pointed to Romans 11:
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

Has this been fulfilled or are we still awaiting the fulfilment?

What then about these passages in Revelation about the sealing of the 144000?
Rev 7:5-8
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+7%3A5-8&version=KJV

Or the ministry of the 2 witnesses in Rev 11?

The reason why I raise these questions is that I believe, that if you take Israel away from Gods dealings with the world and the finalization of this age, we are devaluating what God holds dear:

..to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

The Jews spread the gospel first, the bible is mostly written by Jews. The Jews rejected their Messiah and salvation came mostly to the gentiles but God will finalize this age by turning back to Israel and finish off by turning them back to God through great tribulation.

What bothers me about the preterist view, is that God would forever blind, harden and curse the children of the promise, the Jews.

Are we not indebted to their apostolic ministry, the teachings of the Old Testament for our benefit and education?

Should not we, who snatched up what they rejected, should with our heart and soul yearn that the adoption we unnatural children received the natural children will also receive?

Jews do not have to become Gentiles, and Gentiles do not have to become Jews, but one day we shall be one flock with no partition.

It grieves my heart when I see Christians snubbing the Jews.
I think it is not just a minor eschatological but something that sits at the core at who God is in Himself.

As for me, misunderstanding God#s dealing with Jew and Gentile means failing to see the magnitude of God's grace.

2021/5/29 14:54Profile
savannah

Re: snubbery

Q. "Is is happenstance of fulfillment of prophesy or is it a rebellion against God's plan?"

A. None of the above

"What bothers me about the preterist view, is that God would forever blind, harden and curse the children of the promise, the Jews."

No such view is associated with this misrepresentation you followed with above. Only those rejecting Messiah Jesus are blind, hardened and cursed. Those (jew or gentile) who receive the Messiah as Savior and Lord are His children.

"It grieves my heart when I see Christians snubbing the Jews."

I go no further than the Christ Himself did in regard to the Jews. Would you also indict Christ Jesus for snubbery for His Words regarding them?

It grieves my heart when I see christians snubbing any who have been made in His image.

"I think it is not just a minor eschatological but something that sits at the core at who God is in Himself."

Who God is in Himself is the very reason I believe as I do.

"...failing to see the magnitude of God's grace" I believe is missed when we believe otherwise. God's electing and predestinating grace is the epitome of such magnitude. And that, before the foundation of the world and before any good or evil having been done by the creature.

Thanks for the civility and humility I detect in your post. May such be the spirit we continue in as we go proclaiming the Gospel of God's grace with both jew and gentile.

2021/5/29 18:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy