SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The shocking Gospel that you may have missed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
beloved-vern

The shocking Gospel that you may have missed

If you have totally failed to live the "Christian Life". If you have failed to resist sin, failed to experience true peace, joy and righteousness I have the great news for you ever!!!

This was written by Watchmen Nee

At the beginning of our Christian life, we saw how the Lord Jesus bore our sins on the cross so that by His death we were delivered from death, our sins were forgiven, and we were condemned no more. Today Paul tells me that because Christ lives in me, I am delivered from living. The meaning here is simple: since He lives in me, I no longer need to live. As He died on the cross for me, so now He lives in me in my place. This is the secret of victory. This is Paul's secret. He does not say, "I hope I will not need to live," or, "I hope I can let Him live." He just says, "No longer live I, for I have let Him live. Now it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me."

Today Paul tells me that because Christ lives in me, I am delivered from living.

The gospel delivered to you today is that you do not need to live. God has exempted you from living. This, indeed, is a great gospel.

As it is good news that we need not die, so it is good news that we need not live. For a person to strive to live as a Christian is really an exhausting, impossible task. To ask an impatient, ill-tempered, proud person to live humbly will soon wear him out; he will be worn out by trying to be humble. No wonder the man in Romans 7 was tired! "For to will is present with me, but to do that which is good is not." To daily will to do good, yet daily be unable to do it-how very tiring this is. Then one day the gospel is preached to him, telling him that the Lord does not expect him to do good. Oh, this is a great gospel. The Lord does not require you to do good, neither does He want you to will to do good. He wants to come and live in you. The issue is not whether there is any good, but who does the good.
-----------

Let this glorious truth sink into you NOW!!

Here it is again

Today Paul tells me that because Christ lives in me, I am delivered from living.

The gospel delivered to you today is that you do not need to live. God has exempted you from living. This, indeed, is a great gospel.

2021/5/8 5:42Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: The shocking Gospel that you may have missed

Galatians 2:20 is a powerful scripture and revelation of the true nature of the life of a Christian, that we have been crucified with Christ, and now it is Christ in us living His life in us and through us, and now we are living this life by the faith of the Son of God.

Christ is the life of a Christian.

“For me to live is Christ.”

2021/5/8 8:21Profile
beloved-vern

Victory Does Not Mean That We Are Changed - Watchman Nee

After you have overcome and stopped sinning for a week, two weeks, three weeks, or even four or five weeks, you think that you have become good, that you have changed, and that you have matured. You may begin to appreciate yourself and boast in yourself. Therefore, God will give you a test and make you fail so that you will realize that you have not changed at all. If you can endure anything, it is not because you have changed but because you are exchanged. The Lord has endured in your place. If you think that you are changed, you will surely fail. You have to realize that if there is any endurance in you, it is Christ who is enduring for you. If there is any meekness in you, it is Christ who is being the meek One for you. If there is any holiness in you, it is Christ who is your holiness. No matter how long you have overcome, you are still you; you will always be you, and you will never change. Watchman Nee will always be Watchman Nee. After fifty years, he will still be Watchman Nee. Once grace leaves, the only thing that is left is just Watchman Nee. I thank and praise the Lord that victory is Christ and that it has nothing to do with me. I can still sin; I have not changed at all.

THE MEANING OF THIS LIFE - AN EXCHANGED LIFE, NOT A CHANGED LIFE

Brothers and sisters, victory has to do with an exchanged life, not a changed life. Victory does not mean that one is changed, but rather that one is exchanged. We are very familiar with Galatians 2:20, which says, "I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith in the Son of God." What does this verse mean? It means that our life is exchanged. Our life is no longer in the realm of "I"; it has nothing to do with us anymore. It is not an evil "I" being changed into a good "I," or a filthy "I" being changed into a clean "I." It is to be "no longer I." The greatest mistake we make today is to think that victory involves progress and that defeat involves the absence of progress. This is why we think that everything will be well if we do not lose our temper or if we have an intimate fellowship with God. We think that if we have these things, we will overcome. But we have to remember that victory has nothing to do with us. We play no part in this victory.

2021/5/8 9:07Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Gal 2:20

I was asking God what to preach. After a few failed attempts at a message, God told me on Saturday evening: "leave it, I will wake you up after midnight and let you know."
So He woke me up in the early morning hours and brought this verse you both shared to my mind.
Later, when I got up in the morning, the thoughts were flowing as if the Spirit dictated them. I used to preach with notes but I felt they easily become a straitjacket and hinder the wind that blows as He will. So I just took the verse and no other notes. It was such a liberating experience to deliver a message that I had received but not forged by myself. It is in German though.

Thanks a lot Mike and Vern!

2021/5/9 14:00Profile
Sree

Re: The shocking Gospel that you may have missed

I believe Gal 2:20 is not a promise for all Christians. It is a state that Paul has attained in his spiritual walk. It can be considered as a promise only when we attain to that state. The verse starts with saying, 'I have been crucified with Christ Jesus'. This means he has completely yielded his 'I' or self will to Christ. Now Christ through the Holy Spirit is living the His life inside Paul. If we miss the first condition and just take the 2nd part of the verse as a promise and apply to all believers then we are under a great error. For example when we sin is it Christ sinning then since it is no longer we who live? But when we yield our will to Christ and take up his cross, then we let Christ live his resurrected life inside us. Without out this yielding there is no promise of Christ living. He does not force His life inside us.

Many of Watchman Nee's writings are fordged by Witness Lee group. So one needs to be careful in reading his writings and make sure they are old publications that were published in 1950s of 60s.

2021/5/9 22:47Profile
beloved-vern

Re: I'm not going to take these lies anymore!

I am going to the window and I am going to open it and stick my head out and yell "I'm mad at these lies, and I'm not going to take them anymore!

I do not fight these lies nor do I struggle with them they are just lies and I am not taking them because they do not belong to me.

Lie - I have two dogs within me in me - a white dog and a black dog and the one I feed the most wins. NO! That is the old nature - the black dog was killed by God in Christ on the cross and if I ever think I hear it barking at me I know it can not be.

Lie - I have two minds - NO! I've got God's mind. I've got God's wisdom - right Now - nothing to wait for or acquire

Lie - Sometimes I am in the Spirit and sometimes I am in the flesh. NO! I am always in the SPIRIT 24 hours a day.

Lie - I do not have enough faith - NO! I Live by Christ's faith inside of me. His faith is mine - no separation.

Lie - I can get outside of Christ. No! Jesus Christ is my life and no other life exists so just impossible.

Lie - I always come up short. NO! The law will make me think that but the law does not and can not ever define me. Jesus Christ is ALWAYS connecting me to the father. He is my CONTINUOUS CONNECTION to my Dad.

Lie - God is displeased with me. No! I am always His BELOVED SON IN WHOM HE IS WELL PLEASED. I don't mistake chastisement for punishment. I Never say that my loving Father punishes me. Yes I may need correction - Him teaching me lessons which I am always glad to have learned.

Lie - I am self centered! NO! Before I was born again I HAD TO BE self centered - But now I am under a new motivation, new management. I've got a new Person Living inside me as me! I used to be Mr. Self-centeredness! I could only be what the person inside me was. Therefore I can't be Mr. Self-centeredness." I may slip into an area like that but I can't live in it. I can't be self for self ever again because I have been born of God's Spirit. Now the love of God is shed abroad in my heart." I am under the 'boss Christ' now. I used to under 'boss Satan' but now I am under 'boss Jesus. This is now an actual fact that I count on.

All these lies and others like them I don't 'take' them. I cast them out and reject them totally fully knowing that I am not and can never be these things. IMPOSSIBLE. I do not fight it as if sometimes If have faith, and other times act as if I don't have faith. Now, I AM The faith. The other is just an invasion of what I am not I do not have to take it. Advice, reason, appearances may cause me to hesitate, but I don't take them. That's the unified mind operating with in me which overcomes the other by affirmation of faith - "I'm not taking that!" Not that I struggle against it - I'm not that. That has gone out in that old 'doubts line'. It has gone out in Christ, the Cross, and the crucifixion of Christ. I died to being that kind of person - I have to find my own way, and scheme my own - No - I died to that one! So I'm not answering the lies by fighting. I am answering these by saying, "It isn't there - It can not be there." Now I come back. I do not see the other, I don't see evil, I don't see questions. I just don't see them.

Gal. 2:20 says, "I am crucified with Christ, yet not I," No, "nevertheless, I live, yet not I," because it isn't me. My living self is not I. Get it? "I am crucified with Christ." I am not in my old relationship. Now I am no longer "I" stumbling about here. "I live, no I don't, Christ lives in me." That's the replacement, an exchange of lives. Now I do not need to live. God has exempted me from living or even tying to live because Christ lives in me and I am delivered from living. That means my real I now is the Living Deity of Jesus Christ - the Person living in me. Now, you see, if I get that, I see I have been disillusioned about this false idea of self running itself, if I get that now I am under a new life, I begin to be free, because I begin to be myself because I am really not I - I am really Christ in me.

Now you are coming to a new thing. "I'm crucified with Christ," (out) "I live, no I don't live, Christ lives in me." I have changed over from wrong self in Satan to - not I but Christ. Then I come back to the right self - I now live in the flesh and I live it by the recognition that is not just me. An exchange has taken place and now Christ is my life and no other life exists. Faith is always substance by recognition "of the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me." This has given me a new concept toward God. He's my Father! He's Daddy. All the bondage is out. I Dare to believe that I am free to be myself and God is now operating through me and operating in me! Now cast out, throw them away and reject all lies and speak the truth!!

If you are concerned about doing right and avoiding wrong then are caught up by this outward law system as if you're an independent person running your life. You need to repent from that mindset and see that your old self is totally dead to sin and the law. The knowledge of good and evil got them kicked out of the garden. It is impossible to use that system to get back in.

Kick out this business of 'you yourself' and 'right and wrong" if you have this mindset then the law can 'talk' to you. Cast out this self business and have NOTHING to do with it. I am no longer an independent self; cast it out! I recognize and put it that way because you're no longer an independent self to which law can say this and that to. NOW - Stand fast in the liberty for which Christ has made you free! In other words, stand fast in what we just read in Galatians 2:20 - the liberty by which Christ has made you free is that Christ in you is your freedom! You are really Christ, not yourself. Your real I - I live, no I don't, Christ lives in me. Now that's freedom because Christ is everything!

Do not forget it was the Lies that the Israelite's took and received that prevented them from entering the promised land. Be like Caleb and boldly state the REAL TRUTH. You can do that now!!! Cast out the lies and embrace the TRUTH!! They embraced the lie which was unbelief - not that they did not believe - they chose to believe in the lie and rejected the truth.

As you are reading this The Holy Spirit is opening your eyes to the truth of this GOSPEL that you no longer have to attempt to live the Christian life. That is impossible because you were never designed to do that. Now the Living Deity of Jesus Christ is dwelling within you and is the only you that exists. Maybe you have seen giants that appear impossible to deal with. It may be physical, spiritual, a besetting sin that has held you captive for many years or it could be demonic. It does not really matter. That giant is just a grasshopper that has nothing to do with Christ. Now you have a choice to make are you going to embrace the lie or change your mind and repent by embracing the truth? It is time to boldly stand up and yell ”I'm not going to take these lies anymore!” You can do it NOW!!!

Gal 2:20 is not a promise - It is a unchangeable divine fact.

2021/5/10 6:01Profile
Sree

Re:

If Paul saying 'I have been crucified with Christ' (Gal 2:20) is not his testimony but a fact or truth or promise applicable for everyone then why are we not consider the same Paul saying 'I have finished the race' (2 Tim 4:7), as applicable to all? Which means we are picking and choosing one as a fact and another as a testimony! There is no truth or consistency in our Bible interpretation.

Like CS Lewis said, “If you look for truth,” Lewis writes, “you may find comfort in the end: If you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth. One who seeks God and His word for the truth will only find comfort, but the one who searches the scripture to find comfort about his sinful condition will only be deceived by the same Bible!

2021/5/10 15:49Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hi brother Vern,

The phrase "I am cruicified with Christ" is in the aorist tense. That means it is an event in the past that may and in this case does still endure into the present.

Paul wrote

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

So our life in the flesh still continues, but in faith to the son. Faith is a gift but also an act on my side that needs to be exercised 24/7 to attain continuous victory.

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Diligence is needed!
2 Peter 1:4-8
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2021/5/10 16:10Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Lobet den Herrn Bruder !

Danke Gott für die Salbung des Heiligen Geistes

2021/5/10 18:22Profile
deogloria

Re:

Mike, you can only "speak in tongues" if someone can interpret ;);)

"Praise the Lord Brother !
Thank you God for the anointing of the Holy Spirit."

2021/5/10 20:16Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy