SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 18 Reasons I Won't Be Getting a Covid Vaccine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

There are reasons, strong or weak, more or less factual, on which to decide to get or not get a COVID vaccination. I chose to. What we mustn’t do is turn the choice into a matter of either conservative, Bible-believing right practice vs leftist, statist unbelieving lock-stepping. It just isn’t debatable on those particular fields of battle any more than driving with or without a motorcycle helmet is.

Whatever you choose, God bless you. You are free in America to follow that dictate of your own conscience for now. You should pray for all of us to have at least your wisdom and to pursue Christ while the world destroys over all these things.

2021/4/14 21:33Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Todd

You wrote, “Do you reject all medical treatment?”
No

Injuries can and do occur and that’s why we have doctors, praise God 🙏🏻
You know, the type of doctor that Luke was when he tended to Paul...

The Bible makes a clear, decisive, immutable provision for sickness and disease on both a personal and corporate level. Personally it comes from discernment of the Lord’s body in communion - 1 Cor 11

Corporately it’s in anointing, faith, prayer, confession and
turning from error- James 5 [the act of the body restoring a member, a spiritual auto-immune system]

Honestly it’s compulsory or was until we (the body) abandoned discipleship/priestcraft. Now everything is outsourced... fathers don’t generally realize their own position in the body well enough as the priest of their own house to disciple their families and so that function is outsourced to the “church” which at best is supplemental. So there is an example of a fundamental breakdown of “discerning the body” where Paul says the result of which is many are sick, infirmed and die early -

Not all but most people getting the vaccine (if they’re honest) are doing so to live longer to “enjoy this world” and not to better “seek the kingdom” and that’s something they’re gonna have to take up with the Lord sooner or later... which is why my prayer is for mercy and discernment for all 🙏🏻

2021/4/14 23:47Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Not all but most people getting the vaccine (if they’re honest) are doing so to live longer to “enjoy this world” and not to better “seek the kingdom” and that’s something they’re gonna have to take up with the Lord sooner or later... which is why my prayer is for mercy and discernment for all 🙏🏻

My observation is, most people who took the vaccine in the earlier phase did with fear. Fear of death. I say this because I saw the panic in people when the vaccines were made available. I followed what public felt in discussion apps like neighborhood. Most of them were panicing without any hope as if the vaccines are their savior. Most of them are elderly.

Any anxiety including the fear of death is a sin. A Christian who takes vaccines in the fear of death is still not secure in God's love.

I waited till all these anxious people get their vaccines. I believe we are now in a phase were all panic vaccinations are done. The place where I live, one can walkin and get vaccination done.

2021/4/15 16:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Not only fear of death but also out of love for their families and wanting to visit. My older parents were never overly fearful about Covid, but me and my brother and sister and our kids were very worried about infecting them. After all if we got Covid we probably wouldn’t die but they might die due to their age and some other health issues. So no one wanted to visit them in person out of fear of infecting them. But the vaccine alleviates that fear. My sister and her husband visited them last month and we are all getting together to celebrate my dad’s 80th bday in June. We will all be vaccinated including grandkids so we can breathe easier.

2021/4/15 17:01Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Todd

You wrote, “ But the vaccine alleviates that fear. ”

Not to be the bearer of bad news but,... you do know that the “vaccine” doesn’t prevent transmission ?

In any case, I will lift your dad in prayer and join you in celebrating his 80th birthday 🎂 that is indeed a joyous occasion:))

2021/4/15 17:27Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Not to be the bearer of bad news but,... you do know that the “vaccine” doesn’t prevent transmission ?

While it is not possible to theoretically prove that vaccines will prevent transmission, looking into our human history, many deadly viruses are curtained using vaccines like Polio for example.

I think how it works is, the more people are immune to the virus, the lesser is their chance of being a carrier.

I am not a medical expert. I am just telling my observation.

2021/4/15 19:39Profile
Friedrick

Nicaragua

Re:

Sree, the available covid vaccines are not comparable to traditional vaccines, they are very different.

2021/4/15 23:48Profile
othniel22

Re:

The brothers reasons were great, informative and well researched. Kudos to you, sir! Thank you so much.

Eph_4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

2021/4/16 0:13Profile
deogloria

Re:

I will not join the discussion or the debate at the moment, just adding some news from Denmark:

Denmark permanently turns back on AstraZeneca – vaccine banned over 'serious side effects'
DENMARK has said it will completely stop using the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine as part of its Covid jab rollout.
By Katie Harris PUBLISHED: 13:40, Wed, Apr 14, 2021 | UPDATED: 21:08, Wed, Apr 14, 2021 (just search for the article )
"Denmark and Norway had maintained the pause to examine the vaccine further. But now the authorities in Denmark have decided that there's enough evidence to permanently suspend the vaccine in their country."

If I love my neighbors I share this news with them - to keep them safe !

2021/4/16 0:50Profile
passerby

Re:

I am fully vaccinated against COVID for ethical reasons. As of now there is no conclusive evidence yet about the effectiveness of Covid vaccines, only relative efficacy against certain epidemiologic and clinical conditions of Covid.

Efficacy is a predictive mathematical description of a relative risk reduction. Vaccine trial results (from different vaccines manufacturers) with the same numerical values can not be interpreted as having equivalent efficacy. One has to to know the specifics of the research or trial design.

Many vaccines are clearly effective and safe, having been with us for decades now. I have received many doses as a requirement for schooling and work. Like other things in life, they can be used for evil purposes.

In my own case, I cannot find any compelling reason why I should refuse to participate in covid19 vaccination or be contentious about it, though I have reminded people that it is not a foolproof protection.

2021/4/16 0:59Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy