SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
Platy

Re:

Hi Sree,

Do you know what a strawman is?

https://www.thoughtco.com/straw-man-fallacy-1692144

2021/2/26 10:44Profile
Sree

Re: Platy

My post was not in response to you are to anyone else here. I just shared my personal experience on boldness as someone here was interested in personal testimonies. I know you are a scripture only guy and personal testimonies are of no value to you!
If anyone needs to know strawman argument it is you, there are plenty of stawman arguments in your posts. It is good that you finally came to realize what a strawman argument is.

2021/2/26 11:01Profile
Platy

Re:

"My post was not in response to you are to anyone else here."

That would be a strawman. :)

2021/2/26 11:07Profile
Sree

Re: Platy

Again you are proving your accusing nature of brothern by misquoting me and copying only a part of my post. I pray that you will soon realize your evil mocking nature and repent from it. It ture in the end times mockers will raise.

2021/2/26 11:12Profile
billy1980

Re:

Sree many of us appreciate your input and personal testimonies brother! It is a blessing from God to hear from other brethren concerning their walks with Christ and God the Fathers hand in their life. I’m certain the early church had such talks, building each other up, etc, when they were together breaking bread, celebrating our Lords supper, and praising Christ:)

Blessings in Christ brother Markus, thank you for your input! Your word was a blessing. I see as the Holy Spirit moves me forward in to sanctification into the likeness of Christ that we tend to want to go to far to the left or right as we follow, instead of going straight ahead in the middle of the path.

2021/2/26 11:40Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

dear brethren,

I am locking this thread, to bring a discussion to the point of arguing and bantering back and forth will not produce any eternal fruit or godliness in our lives. Let us be careful with our words to each other, forgive any shortcomings and seek to grow in the truth together.

I am locking this thread.

2021/2/26 11:52Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hello Jade,

I understand all that. My OP was not about sanctification but about a distinctive event in the life of a convert where they are being baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Of course, the Holy Spirit is a person and he will assist us in sanctification to the degree we surrender to the Lord.
The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is often accompanied with speaking in tongues, prophesy and spontaneus worship.
This is a glorious event I pray everyone on SI will encounter.

After that event the believer must take care to live a life of continous surrender to Christ. This is our part, God calls for it but we must act upon it. The Spirit works mightly in the surrendered believer to bring forth spiritual fruit and good works will follow naturally, because they are Gods prepared works, so no glory for us to take.

It is possible to have experienced the baptism of the Spirit and make little or no progress in sanctification, like the Corinthians.

Have you been filled with the Holy Spirit since you believed? Can you point to an event in your life? Have you ever asked Jesus to fill with you the Spirit

Lukas 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Obiviously, not all believers had this experience, otherwise we would not have so many instances where the apostles or Aquila and Priscilla queried the believers in throughout Acts.

The question is still out, and every believer should answer this question for themself. No one should miss out on it.

2021/2/26 12:03Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy