Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Views of the Atonement

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Docs,

Something that I think is equally as telling is the way many churches conduct their services. At my church, we partake of the Lord's Supper only once a quarter--if even that. It breaks my heart to know that we, even in our expression of the Gospel each time we meet together, do not remember and proclaim our Lord's death more often.

2021/2/16 10:29Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Here is my attempt to answer your question, havok

The speakers in Isa 53 are redeemed saints who recall their own salvation and who received messianic revelation. They are OT saints who were prophetically projected into the New Testament age looking back at the crucifition.
In verse 12 there is an almost seemless transition to God himself speaking. This expresses the unity of the saints with God himself, very remarkable!

By the way I find the spirit of this discussion very brotherly and free from theological crossfire.

2021/2/16 15:53Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

You're right narrowpath! I actually didn't learn that about Isaiah 53 until a few weeks ago, lol! I think it's very, very cool that it is a prophecy about a future generation of saints affirming the Gospel that has yet to be revealed at the time the prophecy was given! So cool!

It is always good to discuss these things, and if we do it just as we have been, we all will simply think more highly of God and love Him more for the grace that has been afforded to us, love each other more for the good discussion, and honor the Lord among the unbelieving world who may encounter these types of discussions.

2021/2/16 17:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy