SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer from demonic oppression

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

Thank you for sharing this wonderful testimony Narrowpath!

2021/2/6 18:17Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Hi narrowpath, as I said in an earlier post when I explained that passage in Matthew 12, the demon came back (and brought 7 more with him) because the person was empty. Believers are not empty, they have the Holy Spirit. Even a believer who is not baptized with the Holy Spirit still HAS the Holy Spirit. If I have to choose whether to believe the scriptures or someone's experience, I will choose the scriptures every time. Maybe you misunderstood your experience? I have seen people have a touch from God and still remain unsaved (myself included).

Gary, I do not believe in "once saved always saved". It is abundantly clear from scripture that a believer can lose their faith and walk away from Jesus; after this, if they continue in unbelief and harden their heart, they can become demon possessed.

To say that a believer can have a demon in their body but not their spirit is unscriptural in light of 1 Corinthians 6:19, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" We see there it is the body which is the temple.

2021/2/6 18:25Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Drifter,
The Temple is used as an example here and the Temple had a few courts and in this example the Holy of Holies is the Spirit,
The problem is its not abundantly clear and we have many denominations due to this teaching.For me its clear that OSAS is the only teaching that deals with Grace properly as I have said before.Losing your salvation has a problem with grace,
"It is abundantly clear from scripture"
urs staff

2021/2/6 18:56Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

Drifter

“To say that a believer can have a demon in their body but not their spirit is unscriptural in light of 1 Corinthians 6:19, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" We see there it is the body which is the temple.”

The warning from Paul here reveals the believers were becoming ONE with prostitutes in this example brother. Now when speaking of becoming one we know their is a mystery behind it as Paul wrote in another epistle.

Drifter, I to after being born again felt a darkness still around me. Inward, outward, in flesh, in Spirit, attached to my soul ect. Not sure about those specifics. I don’t concern myself with knowing everything. Sometimes though through doors opened brethren need more help. Thankfully God has provided that help when it is absolutely needed.

2021/2/6 18:57Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

Demons have not vanished. Christ cast many out of people. The apostles cast many out of people. It is still a needed ministry in the body of Christ. Revealed by Christ, and passed down to us through His Apostles, and other disciples before us.

2021/2/6 20:50Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

(I'd first like to say to Greg: if you'd rather we not discuss this topic I totally understand.)

Hi staff.

We have to balance scriptures like

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." John 10:28

with scriptures like

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Matthew 24:13

If I stay faithful to Jesus He will keep me. To say that I can't fall away is to negate free will. Keith Green said "If I want to go to hell God's got to let me."

I want to have grace to people who hold different views, so if you believe in OSAS, that's okay, God bless you.

2021/2/6 21:18Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

William, I am fully aware the devil has not closed up shop, so to speak. I've actually seen a demonic spirit, I've seen demon possessed people, I have felt demonic presences at times. It's a very real battle we're in, and I take it seriously.

I think we all need discernment as to when we should try to cast out devils from people as opposed to leading people to freedom through just plain old repentance and faith. I think some christians are too focused on demonic activity. I think it was Leonard Ravenhill that said "Poor old Lucifer gets the blame for everything these days, when our problem is really sin!" I concur. I don't think we need to go around casting out "tobacco demons" and "headache demons" etc. There is a place for deliverance ministries; however our focus should be on repentance and faith in Jesus.

2021/2/6 21:28Profile
Platy

Re:

Deliverance ministries are like a temporary bandaid and are good for a short term fix. Bible teaching keeps them out for good because the point of entry for demons is disobedience. If people learn God's word and walk in obedience that is the better remedy in the long term.

John 8:31-32 - Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

2021/2/6 21:47Profile
Platy

Re:

And sadly solid expository bible teaching is the one ministry that is missing/neglected in many churches. This is why if you look at the epistles especially Paul's last letter and Peter's last letter the focus is on doctrine/scripture because it solves many of the problems in the church.

2021/2/6 21:52Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

I agree Drifter and Platy concerning this, Thanks for your commits.

2021/2/6 21:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy