SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : One angle of how bad theology plays itself out.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

One angle of how bad theology plays itself out.

I just have to share this because this is one an isolated case. I don't think it is anyway. This is more of a PSA

I have a friend of some 22 years who swears to me that Trump will be serve a 2nd term as President. She is very certain that this will happen. I asked her for a time frame and she says 6 months. I asked her why does she beleieve so strongly about this. 2 reasons.

1. Prophecies about Trump being re elected. ( Well, we know those prophecies were and are false but she wants them to be true)

2. She believes Biden will go to jail not long after he is in office. I think it has to do with dealing in China.

I told her that if Biden goes to jail then Kamala Harris becomes Prez and after her it is Nancy Pelosi.

She is so confident in this that she actually bet me $100 and the deadline is her birthday which is late February.

While this is easy money it won't bring me satisfaction until she becomes broken, admits the many prophecies were false and learns not to trust so called prophets today as a result. I don't care about the money. I am only taking the bet to reach her soul.

p.s. She is also stressed out about the mark of the beast and is pushing the commentary about not taking the vaccine because it may be a part of the mark of the beast. I told her that I don't think the mark of the beast is so obvious as she thinks.

John

2021/1/18 18:23Profile
staff

Re: One angle of how bad theology plays itself out.

Hi Deadn,
Your picking a very worse case scenario there but her reasons for expecting a second term are suspect.Their is better reasoning than that available.

Also to flip it on its head what makes you so sure he wont do a second term?

On Timlines
I copied and pasted this from another post i just did as it fits the bill

"The 20th is a deadline.Its a deadline similar to Lazarus's deadline .Lazarus's deadline was actually a real deadline and on the the day of his deadline(the 20th for this discussion)he physically died.Mary and Martha and all the mourners had no choice of course but to follow the deadline(of the 20th).God did not have to follow man's deadline and Jesus tarried 4 days.Enough time for the man to be dead and buried and decomposing .Then Jesus tells us the reason for the delay was for the Glory of God.God's Timeline is not mans timeline."

And " I want my 4 days that Jesus took to ressurect"

urs staff
p.s tell me what she spends her winnings on ?lol

2021/1/18 18:46Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I wish this were a worse case scenario. How many other people are hanging their faith on these prophecies? Or are they just now dismissing them and moving on with no thought that these 'prophets' should be marked and avoided? I bet that is the case more than believing the prophecies so much.

This quote is more of a SQUIRREL to me then anything. I understand what it is saying but it is also a a road to nowhere. It applies more to OT prophecies and Revelation since. I also think it is a subtle attempt to push prophecy forward where no actual prophecy exists i.e. using the Lazarus passage with Trump.

It is a fail all the way around for me. It also sows seeds for those who tend to hang their hat on those who prophesy and become led by that more than the Word itself.

Quote:

"The 20th is a deadline.Its a deadline similar to Lazarus's deadline .Lazarus's deadline was actually a real deadline and on the the day of his deadline(the 20th for this discussion)he physically died.Mary and Martha and all the mourners had no choice of course but to follow the deadline(of the 20th).God did not have to follow man's deadline and Jesus tarried 4 days.Enough time for the man to be dead and buried and decomposing .Then Jesus tells us the reason for the delay was for the Glory of God.God's Timeline is not mans timeline."

And " I want my 4 days that Jesus took to ressurect"

2021/1/18 19:19Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re: One angle of how bad theology plays itself out.

Deuteronomy 13:1-5 says “If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

Deuteronomy 18:17-22 says “And the LORD said to me: What they have spoken is good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

There you have it. If they do not proclaim the same God that we do (many prosperity Gospel preachers do not) or they prophesy wrong, they are false.

2021/1/18 19:39Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Deadn
I really do understand your concerns and dont believe in pushing a prophecy down the road is correct.

Assuming you believe Prophecy is for today which I think their is ample scripture to show that it is then we have to listen to the Prophecy and weigh it up.
I have said on numerous occasions their is a problem in the so called prophetic movement but that doesnt mean we throw out the baby with the bath water.The baby being true prophecy.

My qoute on Lazarus is scripturally well put together and makes sense.Why the rush to judgement we havent even hit the 20th much less the 24th .I didnt use the Lazarus passage with Trump ,I used it with Resurection .Its in the resurection that God gets the glory not man.Everything has to look completely lost or God will not be fully glorified.
Cant we at least see will Jesus come to the funeral or will Moses part the Red Sea?

Another point on the election prophecies is that already the prophets who were presumptive,the prophets who lacked faith ,the prophets who were along for the ride ,the prophets who lied and the prophets who wanted to save their own "ministries" have apologized and backtracked.These have already have been seen for what and where they are.

One assumption you are making that I dont think is correct is that people who listen to prophecy dont know the scripture like people who dont listen to prophecy.

What makes you think Trump wont get a second term again?

urs staff

2021/1/18 20:01Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I used to believe there was prophesy today but in time I came to a conclusion that there isn't. Maybe I should say there are no prophets today. The ones we see today tend to be after their own glory and the more popular ones are very ambiguious in their prophetic. I think of Bethal church as an example of this.

I have also learned that when you want to believe in modern prophesy you open the door to leaning on it more than on the Word or you will mix the Word with it but subtle find yourself looking more toward the modern prophetic than the Word itself because the Word becomes not enough.

I want to lean toward someone who gives a modern prophecy but is not a prophet but I don't see evidence of that taking place BUT I do see evidence of people who give words of wisdom to someone else while not operating in a gifting of a wisdom prophet so to speak.

Quote:

Another point on the election prophecies is that already the prophets who were presumptive,the prophets who lacked faith ,the prophets who were along for the ride ,the prophets who lied and the prophets who wanted to save their own "ministries" have apologized and backtracked.These have already have been seen for what and where they are.

One assumption you are making that I dont think is correct is that people who listen to prophecy dont know the scripture like people who dont listen to prophecy.

THe prophets are false. These prophets, if they were repentant, would take themselves out of ministry and get under a pastor for a time and possibly not come back into ministry. This won't happen because my theory is there is to much power and attention to be held there and they don't want to lose it. It is another reason why I dismiss this people. We are talking about spiritual things. Do you want a false prophet to be repentant and yet teach you spiritual things? And you will trust that? UH NOT ME

Quote:

What makes you think Trump wont get a second term again?

Common sense dictates Trump won't get a 2nd term. He is s a disgraced President. The only people holding onto Trump are those who are invested into Conspiracy theories such as Qanon and those who don't want a Democrat in office and are holden to Trump because he is the Republican candidate. I am GOP and Trump is an embarrassment to the GOP but I have my foot more in the kingdom of God then I do the hope of politics

Also, if Trump goes to trial, after Biden takes office, it could be possible that Trump would not be able to hold any public office. I say Trump will be hold up in his bunker while playing golf and dodging possible trials over whatever things he may have done that we are not aware of.

2021/1/18 20:59Profile
staff

Re:

Hi
I will just address a few things some I agree with.

The list of prophets should take themselves out of ministry and stop making excuses agreed.
On whether prophecy exists or better put should exist the scripture is clear.
Prophecy is for exhortation ,consolation and edification and without it these areas can not be filled with anything else.

On Trump being disgraced
I couldnt disagree more.

On the one side you have a group of people media and politicians who did this
1 Spied on a political campaign(100 times worse than watergate)
2Introduced a hoax (now accepted by all)Russia collusion story bought and paid for by the Clinton foundation

3Introduced an impeachment about a call to Ukraine to cover their own tracks with Hunter and Joe Biden
4 Introduced the heaviest Censorship in living memory as you know
Manipulated polls to make it look like both the 2016 and 2020 elections were done and dusted and both were clearly not
Committed Election Fraud on a scale never even thought of before.All of this fraud evidence was given in the open and under affidavit to state legislatures.
7 The democrats have had a Militia who fund raised for them called BLM on the streets burning and murdering all year,causing over 1 billion in damage

They have lied ,cheated and in my opinion committed treason but yet I am meant to believe them this time round.If their was nothing wrong with the election it would have been in Joe Bidens interest to do a full proper audit of the states involved but like the thief running away from the police they did not .They tried to stop and intimidate anyone who wanted open elections.

On a personal note ,you really need to hear the evidence given under oath to the state legislatures.I am not being nasty here or trying to be but you sound like you didnt follow it closely and got soundbytes from Mainstream media who are far bigger false prophets than all false prophets that have ever been.
Donald Trump is not at all perfect but he has done nothing disgraceful and will go down at least as the greatest one term president we have seen and if he is vindicated he will go down as the greatest president in our lifetimes.
I think we have to be fair ,he was Pro Life ,Pro Israel ,Pro Christian and stood up to the most evil opposition the US has seen in 160 years.If any Christian cannot see the evil spiritual darkness behind this group and think this is conspiracy theory they have a far bigger problem than knowing scripture or going to Church on Sunday,

urs staff

2021/1/18 21:33Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: disgrace....a dear John letter

How is peace a disgrace?
North Korea was the biggest threat to US security per outgoing (pre-Trump) administration and what was thought impossible was accomplished and seen by all - a US President crossing over the DMZ by invitation and signing a Historic Peace Accord significantly reducing militarization/nuclear threat of the Korean Peninsula effectively creating a more peaceful world.

Additionally the Peace treaties between Israel and several of her neighbors including, but not limited to, Saudi Arabia where now we see a normalization of their relationship which puts a positive regional pressure to pursue a similar peace with Israel on other Islamic countries.
Remind us please, how long have USA politicians and Presidents sought these very Peace deals but failed to deliver?

Likewise, where is ISIS, ALQEDA, TALIBAN, MS13, etc... ?

Remind us again please, how many wars President Trump started?

Remind us again please, how long it’s been since we had a POTUS that didn’t start a war?

Remind us again please, who was the last POTUS (before Trump) who fought openly for religious freedom?

Remind us again please, why has it taken Washington so long to take care of our Veterans (before Trump) ?

Remind us again please, why is it that the worlds most evil and perverse people, promoting godlessness in all forms under the guise of unity, have aligned themselves against President Donald John Trump... even to the extent of demonic principalities (church of Satan, disciples of lucifer, witches association) holding public service in multiple cities across the IS and Canada to cast spells and hexes upon him so he wouldn’t get elected?

Remind us again please, how you sir have such a refined discernment yet have left out these things from your compilation?

If money and bets is what your after I’ll give you $100 to go earnestly before the Lord, seeking His face and His word soaked in prayer and bring here, where you chose to take a stand, for us to see what He reveals to you on each of these subjects...

I dare you to ~

2021/1/18 22:53Profile
staff

Re:

Hi JFW,
This is the small list of the good things he has done.
The only disgraceful thing is the way he has been treated and persecuted for doing good.
urs staff

2021/1/19 9:35Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Could it be that all these people who prophesied that Trump would be re-elected were correct but were off on the timing? Perhaps Trump will be re-elected to a second term but it will happen not in the 2020 election but further down the road, perhaps 2024. These prophets just assumed it would be an immediate second term.

2021/1/19 10:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy