SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Believing the Prophets about the USA election.. 2 chron 20...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I did not say that foretelling may not happen. But I think true foretelling is exceedingly rare today.

2020/11/24 16:09Profile
staff

Re:

Hi
Any examples that you think are acceptable true examplse of foretelling? staff

2020/11/24 16:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

None that readily come to mind.

I’ll be honest though I don’t pay much attention to self proclaimed prophets.

2020/11/24 17:39Profile
staff

Re:

Hi TMk,
Well their you go,you actually dont believe in anybody who prophesys whether their is no true or false.Which is your right and your biblical view.
I dont pay attention myself to anyone who gives themselves a gifting title like "Prophet" or "Apostle" they are usually bogus and the remainder dont really understand the harm in doing that.In fact I wont call my Pastor by the term Pastor as its clearly not scriptural to do so and causes a huge amount of harm to the church .I stupid is it to call someone by their gifting,urs staff

2020/11/24 19:10Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Hey all! It has been a long time since I participated in any discussions. I do have a couple of observations here that might add to the discussion.

First, all five ministry gifts to the body still operate. Apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, and teacher. Way too much New Testament scripture to argue that one in my opinion. But, we have a problem in the body in the form of social media. There was a time when a prophet might be known to a relatively limited part of the body of Christ. In that environment, there was submission and accountability because there was a close relationship with other leaders in that small part of the body.

Today, this is not the case so much. True prophets and so-called prophets can easily broadcast their message across the entire Earth at the speed of light. There is much less accountability and to a certain degree less relationship to provide for that accountability. It is easy to draw to oneself a group of people that will believe what a person says and support him no matter what. It is not, in my opinion, a healthy thing.

And yet, social media can be used in powerful ways to spread the gospel. It is a bit of a double-edged sword.

Prophet or no prophet, this I do know. This election was not simply about one party or another. It was the clearest battle of good vs. evil I have ever seen in my lifetime in this nation. I will be blunt. The democratic leadership structure is the most wicked and corrupt that I have ever seen. When the righteous rule a nation, things go well. But when the wicked are in charge, the nation suffers.

I guess this outcome will tell the tale of who prophesied the truth. I for one am praying diligently that any and every case of fraud is brought to light. I am praying for Godly leadership to be established in this nation. If I had thought I heard from God and was wrong, I would hope that I would be humble enough to admit it and seek God to find out why I was listening to my own flesh rather than to His Spirit.

2020/12/1 14:58Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Amen Travis.

2020/12/1 17:04Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Twayneb

"True prophets and so-called prophets can easily broadcast their message across the entire Earth at the speed of light."

This is true but we can even more say this for Pastors who both can have a false position on the internet and have a false position in the local Church .
One of the greatest disfunctions even witchcraft to an extent of the Church is naming a person by their gift.
For instance Paul didnt call himself by his gift but rather he stated his gift and he also proved he was an Apostle.

"Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), 2and all the brethren who are with me,"

I am still believing and praying to the measure I can that the cheating will be uncovered by the Lord and Donald Trump will remain in office ,We are in the Endzone and the Endzone is Gods zone,urs staff

2020/12/1 19:29Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Staff: I understand what you are saying. There is always a danger in gaining your identity from what God has called you to do rather than getting it from your walk with Him. I think the time is coming when the "titles" will be recognized by the fruit they bear rather than by the name on the business card. We will know a prophet, not because he proclaims it, but because he is proof of it.

Of course, there will always be a "church" that does not really know God where the same silliness will continue until Jesus comes.

2020/12/2 9:45Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:
First, all five ministry gifts to the body still operate. Apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, and teacher. Way too much New Testament scripture to argue that one in my opinion. But, we have a problem in the body in the form of social media.

All these gifts or ministries are given for the building of the Church.

1 Cor 12:28 - And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, and those with gifts of healing, helping, administration, and various tongues.

All the gifts are appointed in the context of the Church. The local Church of God is the body of Christ made of believers in a locality. Any gift operating outside the context of the Church is against this word and it is not from God.

In the New Testament, all ministries resulted in the building up of the body of Christ. Even Apollos who was a traveling preacher was brought to Paul to be placed in a Church and result in building the Church. But most people who prophesy on Social media are not even connected with any Church. They just prophesy to some unknown audience with whom they have no connection. How is such prophesy ending up in building the Church?

I know a Godly man who once told me not to read any spiritual books written by any man who has never built a Church or contributed to building one. I stick to that advice. It is a very good one.

I do not see how prophesying about the next president will result in building or even equipping the CHurch? I don't go after believing such things. The reason many believers are falling for such false ministries is, they have first ignored the local Church. Hence they go after those who are also not connected to any church.

In the new covenant, the purpose of prophecy is to edify and build the Church. How is someone edified by knowing the next president? All these are old covenant ministry which is not God's plan for the Church.

These are my thoughts. Generally, when we mention the local CHurch here, people get offended. Let God alone be true. When Christ comes we will know who ran in vein and who contributed to building the Church.

2020/12/2 10:54Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Sree,
I disagree about prophesying of the next president not building up to the Church.Its very building up.
On the day of the election in 2016 it looked for all the world that a person that was going to do amazing harm to the Church,to Israel and lastly to the USA was going to be president and then amazingly it didnt happen.A person that backed ,Christians ,Israel,the nation state and was anti Abortion was elected.No doubt Trump was a god send and if these Prophets have prophesied correctly and miraclously he remains President then it will be very building to the Church and if he doesnt remain President then it will have the opposite effect.
The problem with the Church is clearly the unscriptural position Pastor has took in the modern Church .Its first Apostles then Prophets then Evangelists not Its first Pastors!Their is clearly a false authority issue here which could be known by another term.Apostolic doctrine needs to be restored to the Church which will happen I believe,urs staff

2020/12/2 13:08Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy