SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Classic Prayers for Every Need (Prayer Quotes I)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

"Grant me, O most loving Lord, to rest in Thee above all creatures, above all health and beauty, above all glory and honor, above all power and dignity, above all knowledge and subtilty, above all riches and art, above all fame and praise, above all sweetness and comfort, above all hope and promise, above all gifts and favors that Thou canst give and impart to us, above all jubilee that the mind of man can receive and feel; finally, above angels and archangels, and above all the heavenly host, above all things visible and invisible, and above all that Thou art not, O my God. It is too small and unsatisfying, whatsoever Thou bestowest on me apart from Thee, or revealest to me, or promisest, whilst Thou art not seen, and not fully obtained. For surely my heart cannot truly rest, nor be entirely contented, unless it rest in Thee—Amen." - Thomas à Kempis (1379–1471).

2020/10/5 21:48Profile
followthelamb

Online!
 Re:

“O Jesus, I know that I want You above everything else. Put power within me to run after You. Take away from my heart all idolatry–all desire for things, for people, for places; but, Son of God, I pray that I may learn to love You and run after You, and like Paul to do this one thing: “Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

- Hans Waldvogel

2020/10/8 12:52Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"O God, by whom the meek are guided in judgment, and light riseth up in darkness for the godly; grant us, in all our doubts and uncertainties, the grace to ask what Thou wouldest have us to do; that the Spirit of wisdom may save us from all false choices, and that in Thy light we may see light, and in Thy straight path may not stumble, through Jesus Christ our Lord—Amen." - William Bright (b. 1824).

2020/10/16 7:01Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Govern all by Thy wisdom, O Lord, so that my soul may always be serving Thee as Thou dost will, and not as I may choose. Do not punish me, I beseech Thee, by granting that which I wish or ask, if it offend Thy love, which would always live in me. Let me die to myself, that so I may serve Thee: let me live to Thee, who in Thyself art the true Life—Amen." - St. Theresa (1515–1583).

2020/10/16 7:02Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"O Lord, who callest Thine own sheep by name, grant, we entreat Thee, that all whom Thou callest by the voice of conscience may straightway arise to do Thy most compassionate will, or abide patiently to suffer it—Amen." - Christina G. Rossetti.

2020/10/16 7:02Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Lord, who art always the same, give that I know myself, give that I know Thee." - Augustine

2020/11/3 7:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy