SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Classic Prayers for Every Need (Prayer Quotes I)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"For with Thee is refreshment and true strength. Amen." - Saint Augustine

2020/9/22 14:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Father in heaven, draw our hearts to You, that our hearts may be where our treasures ought to be, that our minds and thoughts may look to Your kingdom, who citizens we are. Thus, when You shall call us hence, our departure may not be a painful separation from this world, but a joyous meeting with You." - Soren Kierkegaard

2020/9/22 20:00Profile
mama27

Re:

“My case is urgent, and I do not see how I am to be delivered; but this is no business of mine. He who makes the promise will find ways and means of keeping it. It is mine to obey His commands, it is not mine to direct His counsels. I am His servant, not His solicitor. I call upon Him, and He will deliver.” - Spurgeon

2020/9/24 9:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Almighty God, have mercy upon us, who, when troubled with the things that are past, lose faith, and life, and courage, and hope. So have mercy upon us, and uphold us, that we, being sustained by a true faith that Thou art merciful and forgiving, may go on in the life of the future to keep Thy commandments, to rejoice in Thy bounty, to trust in Thy mercy, and to hope in the eternal life. Grant unto all of us, whatsoever may betide us, to remember ever that it is all of Thy guidance, under Thy care, by Thy will; that so, in darkest days, beholding Thee we may have courage to go on, faith to endure, patience to bear, and hopefulness to hold out, even unto the end—Amen." - George Dawson (1821–1876)

2020/10/2 18:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"O Thou, who are ever the same, grant us so to pass through the coming year with faithful hearts, that we may be able in all things to please Thy loving eyes—Amen." - Mozarabic, A.D. 700

2020/10/2 18:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"O Lord our God, under the shadow of Thy wings let us hope. Thou wilt support us, both when little, and even to gray hairs. When our strength is of Thee, it is strength; but, when our own, it is feebleness. We return unto Thee, O Lord, that from their weariness our souls may rise towards Thee, leaning on the things which Thou hast created, and passing on to Thyself, who hast wonderfully made them; for with Thee is refreshment and true strength—Amen." - St Augustine (354–430).

2020/10/2 18:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"O God, let the sighing of the prisoner come before Thee, and mercifully grant unto us that we may be delivered by Thine almighty power from all bonds and chains of sin whether in our bodies or in our souls, through Jesus Christ our Lord— Amen." - Roman Breviary

2020/10/2 18:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"My Father, help me as a follower of Christ to say, “Thy will be done.” Thou wouldest not have me accept Thy will because I must, but because I may. Thou wouldest have me take it, not with resignation, but with joy, not with the absence of murmur, but with the song of praise. How shall I reach this goal? I shall only reach it by feeling what the Psalmist felt—that Thy will comes from a “good Spirit,” and goes towards a “land of uprightness.” Teach me that Thy will is love; teach me that Thy love is wise. Guide me not blindfold, but with open eyes. Grant me the power to look both behind and before—behind to “Thy good Spirit,” before to “the land of uprightness.” Give me the blessedness of the man whose delight is in Thy law, who can tell of Thy statutes rejoicing the heart. I shall obey Thy will in perfect freedom when I can say, “Thy Spirit is good”—Amen." - George Matheson (b. 1842)

2020/10/2 18:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"We beseech Thee, O Lord, let our hearts be graciously enlightened by Thy holy radiance, that we may serve Thee without fear in holiness and righteousness all the days of our life; that so we may escape the darkness of this world, and by Thy guidance attain the land of eternal brightness; through Thy mercy, O blessed Lord, Who dost live and govern all things, world without end—Amen." - Sarum Breviary, A.D. 1085.

2020/10/2 18:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Almighty and everlasting God, the Brightness of faithful souls, fill the world with Thy glory, we pray Thee, and show Thyself, by the radiance of Thy light, to all the nations of the world, through Jesus Christ, our Lord—Amen." - Gregorian Sacramentary, A.D. 590.

2020/10/2 18:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy