SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you judge it superstition to insist on gender matching for physicians?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Kervin: It seems we don't have any medical professionals on SI to chime in on the discussion, it might be insightful if there were a few to give their opinions.

While it is possible that all the 'lusting' which some infer may take place, it's also plausible that no such lusting is taking place. Medical professionals have seen and touch the human body in myriads of situations and untold numbers of people.

It is a slight on them to suggest that their profession is something of a lust trap, when the gender-mixed office is far more a trap than a surgery.

Is anyone getting naked in the office? No, but they don't need too, you might also consider that medical professionals are neither curious or aroused by their patients, they are in fact working and serving.

So while it is possible for anyone to lust, God gifts and graces individuals to do their jobs not because they are perfect in holiness but because they are his people.
Even when they are not born again, God is still ruling.

It's a trap to try and conceive of God's mind in all the varied situations because you simply don't have the knowledge he does to make the judgments he makes.

It is better to be simpler, entrust your self to God, trust that your actions are in obedience to him, you can really do no more.

2020/5/7 11:39Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re:

But dear Fletcher, would you argue that those who are enslaved to perusing uncovered images (with a p word) ever gets used to it? Would not they soon or later cease and break away from such yoke due to disinterest? No but I hear of many who even seek thirdparty assistance to break away from the same yoke. And I fear many Christless providers must be enslaved to the same - and that as they thus deal with you, it may be another chance to endulge.

A husband remains essentially helpless before his wife even long after the wedding day. My argument is that I do not believe one can be trained enough to be fully immuned to lust. I understand females are said to be less vulnerable than males to uncovering but what about a case of a male provider and a female pacient then (given a man's greater vulnerability)? Does that perhaps better present my concern.

But yes when all earthly help fails, it is a perfect time to commend oneself wholly to celestial help. Be it for devine healing or for favor for needed medical care funds. Yes neither is this route guaranteed either though - but depends largelly on God's ultimate will - though that is no excuse for not supplicating I understand.

2020/5/7 11:02Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: dear brother

After reading over your words and seeing the different and somewhat conflicting replies you’re getting to your humble inquiry.... as a brother and fellow servant it behooves me to remind and encourage you to let your faith lead you not your fear 🙏🏻 Fear of any kind is powerful but an existential fear eliciting a self-preservation response is by an order of magnitude more powerful and difficult to manage so simply confess your weakness unto the Lord, and be reminded that it is in our weakness that His strength is made perfect 😇

Regarding your initial question of a medical professional who happens to be a female who might see your genitalia in a medical context (knowing during their training they had seen multiple) is indeed superstitious to believe that she would somehow be “tempted to lust” because she accidentally glimpsed your genitalia while conducting/assisting in a medical procedure. That is by definition superstition -

Be encouraged in this -
In Christ there is neither male nor female, Greek nor Jew,...
submit yourself to the Lord, resist the devil and he will flee from you 🙏🏻

2020/5/7 9:05Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re:

@Solomon101: I fully understand your position

@Sree: Thank you for your additional reply

@Savannah: Thank you for your reply

@Todd: I believe we are allowed to thus choose. I have no guarantee however that such request can always be granted at state owned hospitals for two reasons though (may be a different case in the USA and others): (1.) A Christless provider will likely take personal offense (especially once you give details behind your request and they know they deal with both genders even in extreme cases) as you shall thus be condemning them as well. (2.) If the hospital do not have a provider of the desired gender at the time. I never saved the link but read somewhere online that hospitals are not obligated to always ensure that there are healthcarers of both genders at all times. I thought this applied to all nations but again I understand that in the USA perhaps there is always sufficient supply even in state owned hospitals.

Because you do not pay the bill at a state/public hospital, the provider may, while thus condemned, abuse their powers in many ways. Including telling you that you had better forget to have such request honored - even if it may be possible to reshadule you for a day where a provider of your desired gender may be available (if indeed there is non at hand at the time). With a private center however, this is not easy as the patient's fees pay the provider's salary. So even if they may thus be offended, they may have little to no choice but to assist you as per your request I reckon.

I do not mean to make the thread longer than it may be necessary but I am aswell moved to believe that we may be nearly (if not equally responsible) to make any possible preparations against emergency cases where we can resonably help it. But yes we can only look at this (if possible) once we are confortable with non emergency cases.

One other thing to remember is that people still die even in the hands of the best physicians. This then meaning that thus compromising (if we conclude it to be) may not always help us recovery anyways. But still die and go to meet the same God who demanded the virtue at our sick stage. Making it wiser to rather seek to know God's position on the matter rather than allow to be biased by a wish to save our lives or good health.

Is it that I take death any day? Certainly not! The very thought of death experience (and it associated pain) has been dreadful to me long before I was thus diseased. Never mind the thought of having to leave my 3 sons (oldest is now 7 and the yongest approaching 1). For the death concern I have at sundry times continued to plead with God for a painless one if at all affordable. And for the sons'concern I have been suplicating for grace that would overtake them even in my absense (should the Lord ever judge it wise to thus call me earlier).

So brethren may already see how unready to die I must be (humanly speaking) - and how I would rather exhaust all valid help I could get. But I understand that I am not allowed to compromise at any stage - even if it should be unto death :( Hence my starting the thread here to try and understand if I am not drinking a bitter cup that was never at all necessary. Never that I am just indifferent because I am just ready to die. Nor that I find being ill any fun feeling (as all may already know there be no such).

By the way I called my local private center and full Cardiologist checkup fee is twice+ the price I had in mind (around half of my monthly income). Yet another reason why I would gladly go with a state (public) hospital if it were not for the concern at hand. Apologies for a long and perhaps not perperly edited reply.

2020/5/7 8:08Profile
savannah

Re: superstition?

Q. "Do you judge it superstition to insist on gender matching for physicians?"

A. Absolutely not.

Q. "should not Christian practices be standard across all nations?

A. Yes. Absolutely!

Morality ought never to be compromised. Remember, our adversary the serpent is the most subtle and crafty enemy.

-------

Proverbs 7

A woman came out to meet him,with the attire of a harlot and cunning of heart.

With her great persuasion she entices him;with her flattering lips she lures him.

-------

Kervin,

Your conscience is steering you in the right course. Follow it!

2020/5/6 16:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Kervin are you saying that you do not have a choice as to what Dr to use? In a non emergency situation, here in the states we can generally pick who we want. Nurses, maybe not. But the main doctor, yes.

2020/5/6 15:23Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

May I add that my main concern is the pacient (myself in this case) being seen uncovered by a healthcare provider of the opposite gender - who may then possibly go on to have lustful thoughts in their heart/mind (thus falling into sin). Do not you think I should also be held accountable of having voluntarily served a stumbling block to such a provider?

I am honestly not mature enough to answer this, as I have very little light in this area. Only in recent times, God has been shedding light on being a stumbling block to others, especially in sexual area. I am still relatively young though in my mid 30s.

This thread is a blessing to me, thank you for your post. It is wonderful to have an opportunity to fellowship with brothers like you who seek purity at all cost. I am thankful for SI as well.

2020/5/6 13:36Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Hmmm ... never enters my mind to make the gender of a physician the primary consideration.

I am concerned about their skill level concerning the procedure regardless of gender.

2020/5/6 13:30Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re:

True dear Bill I am from South Africa - but should not Christian practices be standard across all nations?

2020/5/6 12:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Kevin is in South Africa, so it is possible that some of their thoughts/perspectives on this could be a little different than ours. I respect his thoughts very much, and I am grateful he even considers this. God Bless You Brother

2020/5/6 12:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy