SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Saturday Morning at the Market

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I love the way you call each Saturday a 'mission'. This is a good way to keep it fresh. Praise the Lord for His leadings in fresh ways. Good practise to preach without notes, too. ;-)

2005/8/8 11:26
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Dear friends,

Tomorrow will be a very busy day for me as I am preaching in the morning at the market, then in the afternoon I'm going to give two lectures on evangelism in a neighboring city. So I'm speaking three times tomorrow and I ask that whoever would... please pray for me, for strength and wisdom, and most of all: the anointing of the Holy Ghost.

Thank you, brothers and sisters
-Eli

2005/8/12 15:04Profile
ellie

UK

Re: speaking three times tomorrow

Hi Will be praying now and in my heart Saturday.

Almighty God I give you praise for eli. I thank you, that you do lead him on in your work for your Kingdom.I ask that you would go before him and prepare the way for his venues.
That even now, that you would pour the anointing of the Holy Spirit upon him. That all who hear the message of you at the three venues, would hear with their ears and with their hearts and recieve you as the truth.

Amen

ellie

2005/8/12 21:13Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Dear brothers and sisters, let me fill you in on something wonderful that happened on Saturday:

I went to the market with my mother this time, I was so appreciative that she came, she is an amazing woman of God! We found two other Christian friends there and the four of us sang a hymn before the crowd, "My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less."

Well, I got up to preach and about a quarter way into my sermon something incredible happened... the Holy Spirit literally fell upon me and it was literally like I stopped preaching and someone else took over. This deep deep profound urgency and earnestness came over me and I began to preach so hard, practically crying, shouting my lung out, people all over started to stop in their tracks and listen with concern! It was remarkable, people who were walking by stopped dead and started listening intently!

I can say that has never happened to me before that way, the Lord taking over a sermon like that! I pray He would do that everytime and put me out of the picture! It was wonderful! Powerful! It was like real Holy Ghost anointed preaching, felt like something Wesley or Finney would of felt, really an awesome session of preaching, saints! Thank you for all the prayers that have been sent my way, the Lord is doing something over here in eastern Canada, I know something is going to happen!

Here's some more good news and another prayer request:

Yesterday I was praying to the Lord, "Oh Lord, I want to serve You, I want to serve You, I want to be a bringer of Your Word, use me Oh Lord!" and all of a sudden, at that moment, the telephone rang and it was a man I met a long time ago... he was calling to ask me to come preach at the morning service AND evening service at their church on the 18th of September! I was thrilled by this gift from the Lord!

[i]"Delight yourselves in the Lord and He will give the desires of Your heart."[/i]

Well let me tell you, one of my greatest desires (and I've never prayed for it) was to preach the Word of God in church, behind a pulpit, before I was 20 years old... and dear saints, the Lord knew it, because I turn 20 in November, so the Lord is good! The Lord is good! I'm just really excited, this is such an honor and priviledge for me, bless His Name!

God bless, saints, please pray for the boldness and anointing for this next Saturday and for the 18th of September. May I indeed be a bringer of the Word of God and a faithful servant of our King!

In Christ,
-Eli

2005/8/15 9:02Profile

Re: Saturday morning at the Market

Well Eli,

Saturday to Monday is a long time to wait for your reports, but this one sure was worth the waiting! Hallelujah! A wonderful description too.

I'm sure I won't be the only one remembering the 18th September with you. For now, after such an experience on Saturday, be ware of your vulnerability and let nothing little separate you from the Lord. Wrest every resistance to His will, back under His control and stick to Him like a Brother.

2005/8/15 14:38
repentcanada

Re: Saturday Morning at the Market

Eli, this is tremendously encouraging news to hear of the mission outreaches - it is always a blessing to hear of others doing the street preaching, and witnessing. I would like to get in contact with you if possible, if you could email me, Ricky Earle, at [email protected] that would be appreciated. Bless the LORD!

2005/8/15 22:32Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Large crowd last Saturday (nearly everyone in the vicinity), it seemed like everyone in that entire area of the market was listening, I don't remember hearing a pin drop in the busy marketplace as I preached... it was like everything stopped, no one was moving and everyone was listening to the Word. Remarkable.

2005/8/23 13:30Profile

Re: Saturday Morning at the Market

Now we know why you're having a tough time the rest of the week, as I thought you may....

Will be praying you continue to fill yourself with good things from the Lord, and also, prepare for Him to come and work with you in even more tangible ways, on Saturdays.

Do you have a plan for those who come through into Christ?

2005/8/23 15:29
dougkristen

Re: Rochester, NY Public Market

I am soon to start to go out to do some one-on-one evangelism at our local Rochester, NY Public Market...

There are 1000's of people that come every Saturday morning. What made me think of going there is the JW are there passing out the Watchtower magazine to everybody as well.

I will let you know how it goes. Pray for me. I will be taking some of my children along to pass out gospel tracts.

In Christ,
Doug Renz

2005/8/23 16:03Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

A couple weeks ago there were some Jehovah Witnesses going around the marketplace talking to people. When I saw them getting near I started preaching (a bit earlier than usual, but I couldn't miss this chance!). Well, they got an earful and left the market with their tails between their legs. I suppose they thought they were doing a good service but once they heard the Word of God they turned their backs to me, never looked at me, and left in a stupor.

Well, if the JW's will go around the market's sharing a false gospel, we Christians ought to get out there with the truth! Come on, Christians! Let the JW's at least be a motivater to get out there and work the fields!

-Eli

2005/8/25 9:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy