SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Saturday Morning at the Market

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: Saturday Morning at the Market

Eli,

Just wanted to encourage you to continue showing up at the Marketplace you guys went to last weekend.

Consistency has the ability to speak more loudly and show more concern to your hearers and will have a greater long term affect on the souls that come week after week to do their shopping. Brother Leonard Ravenhill refers to the effectiveness of this in the Interview video before he went to be with the Lord.

May God continue to keep you broken and humble before Him. Stay teachable, brother.

2005/7/25 13:33Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Quote:
May God continue to keep you broken and humble before Him. Stay teachable, brother.

Amen.

2005/7/25 13:37Profile
wildbranch

Re:

ELi Barnabas:

Your enthusiasm and courage are inspiring! May our Father lead you all the way, you have a willing heart.

Bless you and your friends
:-)
W B

2005/7/26 11:42Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Eli,

Keep it up, brother! If you keep raising the bar, my friend and I will have to bring the soapbox to the square one of these days.

Reading Wesley's accounts of street preaching, it was never a "jolly" experience. The first time we hit our town square I thought one of us might get punched. All I could think of was "hated for the Word's sake."

The next day, one of the guys that seemed the most offended by our message saw my witnessing buddy at the store, approached him and shook his hand, thanking him for what we had done. He even asked how the rest of the night went.

We won't know the true impact we have made until "The Roll is Called Up Yonder."

2005/7/27 0:33Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Tomorrow we hit the streets again. I would appreciate your prayers.

In Him we live,
-Eli

2005/7/29 8:55Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: the streets...

How are things going, Eli? Praying for you...

2005/8/1 18:53Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Sorry about the late reply... I only have internet access at work and Monday was a holiday (New Brunswick Day, did you celeberate it? :-) )

Yes, in the morning on Saturday we (four of us this time) began the mission once again. The early part of the morning was spend tracking and my friend Sam did his presentation with the paintboard. We were able to present the gospel to a group of children! Their parents wanted to go but the kids wanted to watch so they all heard it.

We also got to speak with a young homeless man named Josh. For a while he kept saying: "God doesn't exist" but after, when he came up to us we were able to talk to him about it. He left encouraged but I would ask you all to pray for him. He has gruesome cuts all over his arm which I'm sure he inflicted on himself. Pray for Josh.

Nearing the aftertoon is when I preached. The four of us went out on the green where people were lounging around and we sang "At Calvary". Then I preached on the text MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN.

We then crossed the road to the busiest section of the market and repeated what we had done on the green.

Street preaching is a challenge, but we plan on persevering every Saturday and, O Lord, I hope and pray that souls would come to You. May Your Word not return empty!

God bless, brothers and sisters,
-Eli

2005/8/2 8:36Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Praise the Lord, Eli. It will be easy for me to remember to pray for Josh...he has a really great name...lol.

Know that God is looking to show Himself by doing the impossible in and through you. Again, be reminded to stay humble before Him and allow Him to use you to the fullest. Pour out what He has been pouring in.

2005/8/2 9:42Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Last Saturday was much more powerful than the last two missions.

I had prepared a sermon to preach but on the way to the market I was praying "Lord, you told us not to worry about what to say when we stand before men, and you promised to give us the words to say... Lord, keep that promise this morning!"
When I reached the market I felt the Holy Spirit leading me to not preach the sermon I had ready (not that I use notes when I preach, but I had chosen my text). But I was drawn to Mark 12, the text: "Which is the greatest commandment?". So without any preparation or anything, I got up and just started by reading the Scripture.

Well, I knew the Holy Ghost was behind me and he indeed put the words in my mouth. There was the anointing that morning, the unction, the power, it was Holy Ghost preaching! Glory to God for keeping His promise and glory to the Spirit for doing all the work! I say this to encourage us to trust in the Lord and not to rely on our own strength. That's how I want to preach!

I was able to talk to some people after, and I'm excited for next week. Thank you Jesus!

In Christ, and to encourage the brethren,
-Eli

PS: Another note, I was all alone this time. No one came out to help... save the Lord!

2005/8/8 8:47Profile
ellie

UK

Re: Mission.Josh.

Eli_Barnabas I have been reading your posting and all the threads. This is truly amazeing and this last Saturday you and the Holy Spirit together Amen. Keep on with your mission to save souls. In the Spirit the Holy Spirit. preach on eli. Amen.
I pray God would fill you with boldness and truth. Amen.

That is how people would have seen, my very youngest brother about 8yrs ago.
Cuts on the arms as well as drugs, drink, despair, depression, dying.
Our fervent prayers were answered truly a miracle.
He came to the Lord and has been living and working at a christian church in Devon UK for the last 8years.

b]The person you met his name being Josh[/b].
[b]Pray fervently everyone, lets see Josh[/b]
in the kingdom, knowing the love of Jesus for him.
Pray also for his protection against all that which surrounds him, for the brokeness and the darkness in his life. Amen.

You see eli, a broken soul for us to pray for. Thankyou you Oh! God, for bringing this Josh to eli for us to pray for. Amen.

In the love of the Lord.

ellie

2005/8/8 10:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy