SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : How to be ordained for service to the LORD and be bestowed with His blessing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

How to be ordained for service to the LORD and be bestowed with His blessing

Exodus 32:25-29

Moses saw that the people were out of control, for Aaron had let them run wild and become a laughingstock to their enemies. So Moses stood at the entrance to the camp and said, “Whoever is for the LORD, come to me.”

And all the Levites gathered around him.

He told them, “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each of you men is to fasten his sword to his side, go back and forth through the camp from gate to gate, and slay his brother, his friend, and his neighbor.’”

The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people fell dead.

Afterward, Moses said, “Today you have been ordained for service to the LORD, since each man went against his son and his brother; so He has bestowed a blessing on you this day.”

2019/8/25 8:52Profile

Re: How to be ordained for service to the LORD and be bestowed with His blessing

Ha! Savannah, you slay me.

2019/8/30 18:40
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: How to be ordained for service to the LORD and be bestowed with His blessing

And your point is..?

2019/8/31 15:03Profile
savannah

Re:?

This is what the LORD says:

“Heaven is My throne,

and earth is My footstool.

What kind of house will you build for Me?

Or where will My place of repose be?

Has not My hand made all these things?

And so they came into being,”

declares the LORD.

“This is the one I will esteem:

he who is humble and contrite in spirit,

who trembles at My word. Isaiah 66:1,2

2019/8/31 19:12Profile
word_of_god_

Ok, let’s all kill off one another, God requires much bloodshed, his Son on the cross wasn’t sufficient. There’s a new covenant, where it is finished once and for all, and we are commanded to kill I mean love one another, and to forgive one another, even as God in Christ has forgiven us. I think we need to take a much closer look at Calvary, the Son of God on the cross, and he is risen from the dead!!!.. I see your point with the commissioning, and the way they did it with Moses, and how we must hate our relatives in our obedience to God, but let’s turn our eyes on Jesus, there is no other way in these dark days. The ministry of the Spirit is life, the letter kills, the old covenant brings death and condemnation, the new brings life and liberty, the precious Son of God himself. 2 corinthians 3:6-11.

2019/8/31 19:22Profile
savannah

Re: let’s turn our eyes on Jesus

Luke 19:27

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.

And as for these enemies of mine who didn’t want me to be their king—bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.’”

"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

But bring those enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them here, and kill them before me.'"

But as for those enemies of mine who were unwilling that I should become their king, bring them here, and cut them to pieces in my presence.'"

JESUS

2019/8/31 19:44Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

I believe as for NT application the point is that someone who is in service as a preacher must be able to be as ruthless as these Levites when it comes to defend the truth and point out deviation from God's commands. He should not spare his own congreation and not fear people leaving. He should be as bold as Paul even to point out Peter's hypocrisy in front of all.

This man only has this authority when he is able to weep over the sins of his people in his prayer closet and be willing like Moses and Paul to be cut off from Christ if that is what it takes to further their return to God.

2019/9/1 8:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jesus’s words were fulfilled in 70 AD; but he did it himself via the Roman army and demons let loose in the city. He didn’t ask his followers take part- he told them to flee.

2019/9/1 14:28Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Acts 2 –
When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting………And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit ………Peter, taking his stand with the eleven, raised his voice and declared to them: “Men of Judea and all you who live in Jerusalem, let this be known to you and give heed to my words………this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel: ‘AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,’ God says, ‘THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL ………AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.’………Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.”………So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls………

Comment:
Three thousand perished at Mt Sinai.
Three thousand were saved at Pentecost.

2 Cor. 3:5-6 –
Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2019/9/1 21:49Profile
savannah

Re: Swordship and Lordship

YES, it is the truth that "Jesus’s words were fulfilled in 70 AD" as you stated Todd.

But the principle of that truth hasn't been fulfilled or negated.

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. “For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; and A MAN’S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD. Matthew 10:34-36

It may be so that many have discounted and made obsolete passages like those we find in James 4:4 "You adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God." But nevertheless, they remain as pillars of truth.

Even some like Rod Serling, who are not born of God, have some inkling of what is going on behind the scenes. If you have never seen "The Obsolete Man", which came out in 1961, I'd recommend it to you. It is very rare for me to recommend a film production, but in this case I'll make an exception. I think it will make an impact on anyone who sees it.

2019/9/1 23:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy