Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Law of the Spirit Of Life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Robert - COG

Let me apologize to you...
You have posed honest and legitimate questions,... important questions that need to be asked, prayerfully considered and hopefully answered in a straightforward practical way🙏🏻 and it seems my enthusiasm and injection of myself into the discussion has unfortunately only served to be a detraction from the point.

Having said this may I offer this brothers take on the subject.... (while this is only a small portion being addressed, it seems to be adequately covered and this brothers ministry has been a great blessing to me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vITBTMP4J7o

2019/7/9 22:15Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Mike wrote:

Quote:
Watchman Nee is saying that it is impossible for the flesh to crucify the flesh, and when we try to do this we will find ourselves back in Romans 7.

Watchman Nee has the correct interpretation of scripture, and multitudes of Christians have learned the life that wins through getting hold of the teachings of Brother Nee.

Brothers, you would be better off saying that you don’t understand Watchman Nee’s teachings on the overcoming life, than to say that Brother Nee’s interpretation of scripture is wrong, but yours is right concerning the overcoming life.

Brother Nee also has teachings on consecration, and I have read enough of his writings to know that the fault that you say that you are finding in his teaching is not an error at all, but either a lack of knowledge or a misunderstanding on your part of what he is actually teaching.

I AGREE.

There are some teachings of Watchman Nee that I do not agree with, but I agree with these teachings of his that have been posted on this thread. They have scriptural support and have practical value for me.

2019/7/10 3:28Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Some reflections on our co-operation with the Spirit

Putting to death the practices of the body is a co-operation with the working
of the Holy Spirit guiding us from within the abiding union with our spirit.

The practice of the body was to be drawn away by a desire and in yielding to that desire, sin was conceived. When we become aware of the desire sin is producing in a time of temptation, the Holy Spirit speaks the truth of God to us showing us the way of escape is by receiving the word of truth.

Naturally, temptation involves conscious thought and we practiced following those thoughts while we lived under sin’s dominion. The Holy Spirit reproves our natural thoughts by speaking the truth, thus exposing the lies and enabling us to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart. Through this living and active word, we are able to discern good from evil and choose the way of escape.

Our part is to receive the love of the truth that the Holy Spirit speaks and to take the tempting thoughts captive and bring them under obedience to Christ. Thus we overcome temptation and the former practices of the body by the hearing of faith. This is how we receive the Spirit and “ability” to overcome temptation and the attacks of the enemy. When we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Following the leading of the Holy Spirit is simultaneously denying ourselves.

Through this process, taking thoughts captive and bringing them into obedience to Christ, our mind is renewed and our lives are transformed. This is sowing to the spirit and we grow in this like Jesus and John the Baptist did. They grew and were fortified in spirit. Believer who experience this growth, become more and more spiritual, less and less carnal.

Just some thoughts from mak

2019/7/10 6:48Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

This sermon sets forth the clearest Biblcal path and strategy for defeating sin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dXxmSDhvbHY

John Piper. Living Hope in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Being confirmed to His image and having all your love and affection set on Him has an expulsive impact on sin.

2019/7/11 10:11Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"What the author says is Scriptural. There is another verse that says we should by the Spirit put to death the misdeeds of the body. The idea of considering and trusting that our old man has been put to death is instrumental. How does this truth fit with the idea of some activity on our part to put to death the misdeeds of the body by the Spirit. Are the two ideas the same or is there a difference?"

Brother Robert,

I would like to get back to your question that you asked after the original post was made on The Law of the Spirit of Life.

Knowing that our old man has been crucified with Christ, and reckoning ourselves to be dead to sin but alive unto God is all necessary if we are going to live a victorious life, no longer having the flesh dominate us and being free from sin.

Although the old man or sin nature has been crucified, because of our identification with Christ in His death, our self life or the life of the soul is still very much alive, and if we want to follow Jesus and be His disciple, we must deny ourselves, take up our cross, and then follow the Lord.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20).

Truly, truly, I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a seed; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. (John 12:24).

We are in Christ and He is in us, and we are partakers of His divine nature, new creations in Christ Jesus. Now we no longer walk after the flesh but after the Spirit.

"So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16)

"For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:2).

2019/7/11 10:59Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Thanks Mike. blessings.

2019/7/11 20:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy