SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : How google manipulates our searches on the internet

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
word_of_god_

How google manipulates our searches on the internet

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-06-30-google-declares-organics-to-be-a-lie-and-supplements-scams.html

2019/7/4 17:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: How google manipulates our searches on the internet

Regardless what Google says, a lot of it IS scams, or at best very dubious indeed.

2019/7/4 17:47Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Good Lord! According to that site, we may as well phone Jesus and have him call us all home. :-)

2019/7/4 18:31Profile
word_of_god_

Re:

Ya, but still... time to switch search engine.🙂

2019/7/4 18:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Just to add some factual evidence. I have clearly noticed SermonIndex's reach on google minimized and key search phrases not ranking at all but used to rank higher. There definetly is some selective demoting of christian content of which SermonIndex falls under that category.

2019/7/4 21:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I just did a quick experiment.

If you just type “supplements” in the search bar, the results that appear all relate to what supplements are allegedly for, eg for depression, for anxiety, for weight loss, for joint pain, etc.

If you search “supplements are” you get the results mentioned in the article

So based on this I reject that google is purposefully turning people from supplements. If that was true then a search using only the word supplements would return the same results as for “supplements are”.

The same is true for searching just “organic” vs “organic is”. Who would type “organic is” anyway. Seems awkward.

Also, isn’t there a way to turn off auto complete if it bothers you?

And besides a lot of that stuff in the article IS fake or very spurious. But those are billion dollar industries that don’t want their toes stepped on by anyone calling out their dubiousness.

2019/7/5 7:46Profile
docs

Re:

I don't know about all this but I did read in the last week where a lady who is a Google exec sort of her let her guard down and admitted that Google had taken on the task of helping unseat Pres Trump in the next election. She said that since the smaller media outlets had a harder time doing this that Google had decided to take the task upon itself. This was posted on YouTube supposedly and quickly taken down after four or so million hits. It was taken down because Google who sponsors YouTube realized it was embarrassing itself. Somewhere there was a mention that Facebook may have joined in with Goggle also for the purpose of unseating Trump. I'm just sharing what I read. I have never opened a Facebook account and it's not that bad of a thing I guess but I remain suspicious overall of what goes on behind the scenes.

2019/7/5 9:49Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

If God wants Trump in the White House then Google or FB or CNN or ABC or NBC or CBS or NY Times or MSNBC will not be able to stop it.

2019/7/5 14:17Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

I think part of the strike against SI, is the unsecure / SSL issue. Google is striking sites and demoting on that particular basis of functionality. (Though i wouldn't be surprised if the content was a sub-issue as well)

2019/7/5 15:19Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Todd

Amen! Brother Todd.

2019/7/5 15:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy