SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : And THEY THAT ARE CHRIST’s .....?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
cup

Re:

All the "I"s I used is are Christ infused "I"s.

I know that simply pronouncing these proclamations over myself or on behalf of myself do not make them practically applicable to my life in reality.

My pronouncements can not make anything happen but the bible states "let the redeemed of the lord say so."

Psa 107:2 Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

So I am speaking forth the reality of what God in Christ has already done.

And yes I am actually, literally moment by moment listening to and obeying the voice of Jesus.

Who are you to say I am not?

2019/5/24 8:41Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Vern you are mistaken,...
the burden of proof lies not with me-

Likewise no one has to “prove” Bruce Jenner is a man, for he is a man wether anyone believes or confesses it and no amount of belief or “speaking forth” can change his gender anymore than these actions could change a lie to the truth.... for it shall never be. The burden of proof rests upon the one whom claims to be something/someone they obviously are not.

More to the point... that if what you claim is true it would be redundant to even have the written word of God, in fact because it in itself contains the law (knowledge of sin and death) it would undoubtedly be an unavoidable hindrance to the cause of Christ (as you present it) and as such would be not only unnecessary but a sin for God to even allow it to be published as it completely misrepresents the “truth” as you see it, whereby “Jesus” has done everything and you yourself simply “believe and pronounce” it “speaking forth” the reality that requires no daily dying/denial of self, no cross bearing, no need to take heed and examine ourselves, or any of the plethora of warnings in the NT because according to you Jesus has already done it all, and is and will do it in you and He will never stop, and nothing you will ever do can ever change that?!! Does that sound about right?

Sir, can you not see how absolutely insane that is? For not only is it no different than Bruce Jenner claiming/believing he is something he is not but you go a step further and implicate God unto this fantasy by requiring His royal rubber stamp as it were, all while completely undermining the work of the cross and its practical effect in our lives not to mention the words of our dear savior and the witness of the spirit but also the testimony of the apostles with their clear and repeated warnings!

So you see ‘tis not I who says so,... but He who is in me, the Redeemer of The Lord who says so ~

2019/5/24 13:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

There used to be another poster here who said things very similar to Vern but I can’t remember who it was. All his postings were along these lines and they always sounded like gobbledygook to me.

Add- just remembered- it was Tuc.

Here’s a sample thread- his name does not appear on the left but you can figure out his posts:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=53953&forum=34&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1

2019/5/24 15:07Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: TMK

Our mighty God did a mighty work through Hudson Taylor in inland China.

Are you saying that what Hudson Taylor said is “gobbledygook”.

When Hudson Taylor grasped what he called the “exchanged life”, he finally found great peace and joy and rest and blessings in his Christian life and work.

Also, what Hudson Taylor said is in line with the teachings of Andrew Murray and Major Ian Thomas. Are the teachings of Andrew Murray and Major Ian Thomas “gobbledygook” to you too?

What about this song:

‘Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LJwSkEhruw

“Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.”

Is this song also “gobbledygook” to you?

SCRIPTURE

Isa. 55:7-13 –
Let the wicked forsake his way
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
And let him return to the LORD,
And He will have compassion on him,
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
“For you will go out with joy
And be led forth with peace;
The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you,
And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
“Instead of the thorn bush the cypress will come up,
And instead of the nettle the myrtle will come up,
And it will be a memorial to the LORD,
For an everlasting sign which will not be cut off.”

Hebrews 6:7-8 –
For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God;
but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

---------------
ADD:
Heb. 4:2 –
For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard.
---------------

Hebrews 3:18-19 –
And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.

Rom., 14:23 –
………whatever is not from faith is sin.

---------------
ADD:

What was their disobedience?

It was this:

God had told them to enter the land.

Deut. 1:21 (KJV) -- Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.

It would be a land filled with great and splendid cities which they did not build, and houses full of all good things which they did not fill, and hewn cisterns which they did not dig, vineyards and olive trees which they did not plant (Deut. 6:10-11).

They did not trust God and sent men to spy the land. The spies came back with the report that the land was truly a rich land BUT

Num. 32-33 - The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size……There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.

And they said to one another:

Num. 14:4 –
"Let us appoint a leader and return to Egypt."

It was the terrible sin of unbelief.

Now, God says to us:

1 Cor. 1:30 (KJV) –
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

2 Cor. 1:20 –
For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us.

John 17:23 (YLT) –
I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be perfected into one,

2 Cor. 13:5 (KJV) --
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

---------------

2019/5/25 0:16Profile
cup

YOU’VE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH

YOU’VE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH BY PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME.

And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts (Galatians 5:24).

There’re Christians who are enslaved by certain habits, which they keep praying to God to help them overcome. Unfortunately, for most of them, the more they pray, the more they find themselves controlled and dominated by those habits. This has left them confused, and thinking their situation is beyond remedy. Some have even backslidden, because they thought they couldn’t be free.

But in studying the Scriptures, we find that it says in Romans 6:14, “For Sin shall not have dominion over you….” Our opening verse is also unequivocal: “…they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts”; meaning that if you’re in Christ, you can’t be bound by any habit. So, what then is the problem of those who seem to be in bondage to certain habits? It’s simply their lack of knowledge.

God never asked us to fight the flesh or struggle with sin and habits; we’ve crucified the flesh; we’ve overcome the world; we have dominion over Satan and sin. So, when some Christians or even preachers counsel others to “crucify the flesh,” it’s a contradiction.

It’s fruitless to try to be who you already are or get what you already have. If God says you’ve crucified the flesh, then that’s it! Your role is to respond and say, “I don’t get, and can never be, dominated by sin or the flesh, because I am Christ’s. Therefore, I’ve crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts.”

Galatians 5:25 says, “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” Since we were born into the spirit and we live in the spirit, we’re to walk in the spirit. So, simply, if you’ve not been walking in the spirit, start walking in the spirit; that is, in the light of God’s Word. Declare, “From this day, my flesh won’t control me; my mind won’t dictate to me; I refuse to be sense-ruled, for the Word of God has become my compass, and I live the Word.”

Galatians 5:16 says, “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” How do you walk in the Spirit? It’s by walking in the light of God’s Word. It’s by walking in the truth in Christ; in the light of your righteousness and glory in Him. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
Sin has no dominion over me. I live in the spirit, having crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts. I’ve overcome the world; I’m superior to Satan; I’m washed, sanctified, and justified, in the Name of the Lord Jesus! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 6:11-14 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

2019/5/25 5:27Profile
cup

Re: YOU’VE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH

And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts (Galatians 5:24.

The definition of the Greek word translated "have crucified," (4717 /stauróo) is also used figuratively of putting the old self to death by submitting all decisions (desires) to the Lord.

This utterly and decisively rejects the decision to live independently from Him.

Do you see how they hear? They hear only by separation. This definition of "have crucified" is an utterly and decisive rejection of union with Christ, a decision to live entirely independent of Him.

The practice of "putting the old self to death by submitting all decisions (desires) to the Lord" IS living separate and independent of Christ, of His death, and of His life.

Tell me, how can someone who is dead put him or her self to death?

How can someone who lives only by Christ separate him or her self from Christ in order to "submit all decisions" to someone else?

This definition of "having crucified", a definition shared by almost all of Christianity, is a hardness of unbelief, of refusing to enter through the cross into full and present union with Christ.

Let’s read it again, this time believing what God says.

And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires (Galatians 5:24).

I am Christ’s, therefore I have already crucified the flesh with all of its passions and desires, therefore, from here on out, everything I am is Christ alone. It is my old self that is gone. The only thing remaining, in all of my present humanity, is the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ, and "I," the "I" that remains, I live in utter and present union with Jesus, enjoying sweet communion every moment and full freedom from all consideration of self and sin by the mighty barrier of the cross keeping me free.

Hear all things God speaks only as you are Christ Jesus living now as you.

2019/5/25 6:01Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//I am Christ’s, therefore I have already crucified the flesh with all of its passions and desires, therefore, from here on out, everything I am is Christ alone. It is my old self that is gone. The only thing remaining, in all of my present humanity, is the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ, and "I," the "I" that remains, I live in utter and present union with Jesus, enjoying sweet communion every moment and full freedom from all consideration of self and sin by the mighty barrier of the cross keeping me free. //

Error. Subtle, but error nonetheless.

2019/5/25 6:51Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Vern

It’s obvious that you cannot see the folly of what you speak, and how self-contradictive it is...
It is apparent that to continue to engage you only spurs you defend your beliefs more fervently thereby entangling yourself evermore in the grip of their deceptions.
However there are promises in the scriptures for situations like this and it is upon those that my prayers and supplication will draw-

22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

2019/5/25 7:17Profile
cup

Re: What error?

I am Christ’s, therefore I have already crucified the flesh with all of its passions and desires, therefore, from here on out, everything I am is Christ alone. It is my old self that is gone. The only thing remaining, in all of my present humanity, is the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ, and "I," the "I" that remains, I live in utter and present union with Jesus, enjoying sweet communion every moment and full freedom from all consideration of self and sin by the mighty barrier of the cross keeping me free.

Isn't this Gal. 2:20?

(ASV)  I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I that live, but Christ liveth in me: and that life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith which is in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me.

(BBE)  I have been put to death on the cross with Christ; still I am living; no longer I, but Christ is living in me; and that life which I now am living in the flesh I am living by faith, the faith of the Son of God, who in love for me, gave himself up for me.

(CEV)  I have died, but Christ lives in me. And I now live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me.

(Darby)  I am crucified with Christ, and no longer live, *I*, but Christ lives in me; but in that I now live in flesh, I live by faith, the faith of the Son of God, who has loved me and given himself for me.

(ISV)  I no longer live, but the Messiah lives in me, and the life that I am now living in this body I live by the faithfulness of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

(KJV)  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Edit - Added quote

2019/5/25 8:11Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Vern- don’t you sin any more? If not, that’s pretty awesome.

2019/5/25 11:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy