SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : MUST READ: Hell and Everlasting Punishment (article series)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey Greg!

This is a great addition to the Hell and Everlasting Punishment serie. It's a subject much neglected and not always pleasing to hear, but it's a Reality and it's something we must hear, we have a Full Gospel, not a make-your-own-as-you-like Gospel. But to see where we are saved from...wow, makes me love The Lord Jesus more and more!

The sermon is very powerful! May God touch our heart (each time) we listen to it!

[i]"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men"[/i]
[b]2 Cor 5:11[/b]

2005/10/23 12:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This audio sermon by C. H. Spurgeon really speaks of the somber reality of a eternal hell of the unrepentant sinner:

[b]The Saint's Horror at the Sinner's Hell[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=13497

[i]Description: “Gather not my soul with sinners.” — Psalm 26:9. WE must all be gathered in due course. When time shall have ripened the fruit, it must hang no longer upon the tree, but be gathered into the basket; when the summer's sun has perfectly matured the corn, the sickle must be brought forth, and the harvest must be reaped; to everything there is a season and an end. There shall be a gathering-time for every one of us. It may come to-morrow; it may be deferred another handful of years; it may come to us by the long process of consumption or decline; it may advance with more rapid footsteps, and we may in a moment be gathered to our people. Sooner or later, to use the expressive words of Job, the Almighty shall set his heart upon each of us, and gather unto himself our spirit and our breath. That gathering rests with God! - the prayer of the Psalmist implies it, and many Scriptures affirm it. As Young sings in his Night Thoughts – “An angel's arm can't hurl me to the grave.” Accidents are but God's arrangements; diseases are his decrees; fevers his servants, and plagues his messengers. Our mortality is immortal, till the Eternal wills its death. “Return, ye children of men” can be spoken by none but our heavenly Father, and when he gives the word, return we must without delay...[/i]

2006/11/9 1:16Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Hell and Everlasting Punishment (article series)

About a week ago I clicked on this thread to see what it was about, never having read it before.

Now it's back on the forum.

Still haven't read it yet, but I am looking forward to reading it.

Looks good.

Then, most everything on SI looks good!

God bless.

2006/11/9 1:45Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Just wanted to ask, where can I get a copy of the book Hell, you say?

Thanks.

2006/11/9 5:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Just wanted to ask, where can I get a copy of the book Hell, you say?

Brother here are 2 sources for the book, the first one is a new edition of the book reprinted:

[b]Hell You Say[/b]
New Edition

[b]Google checkout used books[/b]
Used Copies

2007/8/30 22:07Profile

Re:

I read an article from a Christian website who says that there is not a hell! How can you be a Christian and not believe in hell. He believes that God is so loving he can't send some to hell. I have to get the article and post it.

Here is one quote:

Quote:
Think about this damnable doctrine of Satan until God's spirit crushes your heart with sorrow for ever even thinking that your heavenly Father would treat His children so inhumanely and insanely with fire for all eternity!!!"

Sounds more like a Jehovah Witness? he does have a lot of other good material, but shows to the believer that we must continue to judge and test everything.

Blessings
mike

2007/12/9 18:22

Re:

David Wilkerson's sermon on hell is truely am eye opener. He has some anoiting, but that talk is very very good

2007/12/15 14:34
repentcanada

Re:

this thread has been very informative

2008/3/17 8:39Profile
JoanM

Re: Spurgeon The Saint's Horor at the Sinners Hell

Greg

Thank you so for posting this. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of judgement (John 16:8) and somehow current day preaching on judement, when it occurs, limits it's appeal to the selfish desire to avoid pain. I doubt the Holy Spirit would apeal to selfishness. This sermon corrects that distortion among others. I was helped to meditate on the many judgements and gatherings in this world,day to day,in history, in the future. What sort of gathering of isolated individuals occurs nightly around television? How better it is to gather in and with Christ, at the throne in intercession.

2008/4/17 14:43Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

The first teaching on Abiding Wrath is just jaw dropping I can't get off of that one. I pray that men of God would preach these truths more often. My opinion is, and its just my opinion. Is that Men don't preach these things because it does not fill seats and promote hidden agendas. But these teachings on Hell and Judgement as I see them as the bedrock, or foundation of the christain faith (Hebrews 6:1-2) . Thank God for this post

2008/5/25 14:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy