SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: Jochbaptist

You wrote:
“We were in Adam when he sinned. Jesus was not. Jesus is the Last Adam.
He became a man like Adam BEFORE Adam sinned……… Jesus was tempted in the desert on the same points that Man was tested in the garden, but did not sin like Adam. Also through the rest of His time as a man.”

I agree that Jesus had the SAME human flesh and blood as Adam BEFORE Adam sinned. He was not "in Adam". Otherwise He would be a sinner like all of us. There is no need to look to epigenetics to explain this. The Bible plainly tells us so:

Rom. 5:12 (KJV) –
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

In Adam, all die (1 Cor. 15:22)

1 John 3:4 –
……in Him there is no sin.

Jesus is the second man (1 Cor. 15:47).

He was not born "of Adam". He was a flesh and blood "kinsman".

Adam had no sin when he was created.
Jesus had no sin when He was born.

My question is:
WHY did Adam fall and Jesus did not fall? After all, they had the same “sinless” flesh and blood.

Heb. 4:15 –
For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

(Edited)

2019/4/21 0:40Profile
cup

Re:

Phillip

You wrote:
“The blood of Christ now lives in me, by faith. My sinful blood was shed on the Cross with His pure blood and exchanged by faith to His pure blood that now lives in me by faith, which will be shed at my death and exchanged for His body of flesh and bone Just like His, that I might live in Heaven in our Fathers house forever.”

So Phillip do you Sin? Are you sinless?

2019/4/21 6:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """So Phillip do you Sin? Are you sinless?"""

Your question does not even deserve an answer. Read 1st John.

2 Peter 3:13-15 (KJV) Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Ephesians 5:27 (KJV) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Ephesians 5:32 (KJV) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Ephesians 5:24-25 (KJV) Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

In Christ: Phillip

2019/4/21 6:36Profile
cup

Re: Christ was without sin but had 100% human blood and a 100% human body.

So that is 100% proof that so called sinless blood has anything to with sin at all. Christ was without sin but had 100% human blood and a 100% human body.

If you have sinless blood why do you sin?

2019/4/21 6:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

So the Blood of Christ does not cleanse you from sin and give you eternal life?

1 Peter 1:19-24 (KJV) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

2019/4/21 7:01Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Re 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

2019/4/21 7:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Philip-

It was the SHEDDING of blood (i.e the sacrificial DEATH) of Jesus that cleanses us.

Every reference to the blood you have cited really means "the sacrificial death of Jesus." This is obvious. What if Jesus had been bled to an inch of his life but survived. Would His spilled blood have had any effect in saving us? Obviously not.

2019/4/21 8:18Profile
jochbaptist

Re: BranchinVINE

Dear Sister
I am not all that much into epigenetics. It just seems to confirm scriptures like the ones you shared, which is the basis of what I believe.
I am however quite puzzled by the Romans 8:3 scripture Vern mentioned, and have been thinking on that. It might change how I see things from now on.

You asked:
“WHY did Adam fall and Jesus did not fall? After all, they had the same “sinless” flesh and blood.’

Because the one did not have a woman on his side? :)

Blessings

Ps- Thanks for the OP. Amen to that.

2019/4/21 19:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Philippians 2:6-8 (KJV) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Adam was created, he could not manifest himself as God. His blood was manufactured by God. He could sin if he chose to.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God. His blood was from God His Father and could not sin, of which He would never choose to.

The blood of Christ. As the death of Christ points to sin; the Cross to self, so the blood points to Him Who hung on the Cross and there died for us. This is clearly seen in John 19:33- 35. As the soldier pierced that holy body, which had been dead already for some time , blood and water flowed forth. Now it is well known that blood will not flow from the body of any mere man. The moment the heart stops beating, the body grows cold, the blood coagulates and cannot possibly flow, because at death the body goes to corruption. But His body did not see corruption Acts 2:27, and so the blood flowing from His pierced side tells us He was not a mere man, but God manifest in flesh. That's why the apostle John alone records this miracle, for he tells us in chapter 20:31 that he wrote his gospel, not first of all that men might believe in Jesus, but that they might believe Who Jesus is, that "ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God." Yes, the blood our Saviour shed points to Who He is; therefore the use of that term "the blood of Christ," "His blood," etc., always calls our attention to Who it is that died for us on that Cross.
Four times it says in the Bible that it was His "own" blood - Acts 20:28; Heb. 9:12; Heb. 13:12 and Rev. 1:5. We don't say when someone for instance gives a pint of blood to another that he gave his "own" blood; we just say his blood. But God wants us to know that this blood He shed is special; it is whose blood it is that is of vital importance. It is the only blood ever called "precious" (or priceless) blood. And again I say, it is that because it is the blood of the Son of God. The priest of old gave the blood of others (animals) for his own sins--Heb. 7:27, but our blessed Lord gave His own blood for the sins of others. Praise His Holy Name!
When man dies that is the last thing he does, but when our blessed Lord shed His blood it is the first thing He did for us. That's why it says in I John 5:6 that He "came" by blood. We say when a man dies that he went, but when our Lord shed His blood on the Cross, it says He came. Praise God, His precious death His precious blood -ushers in an eternity of bliss for the believer in Him.
In the Old Testament the blood was never put on the sinner; it was put on the believer. It was put on the priests -Ex. 29:20, and we know they represent the believers of this day, for we are the holy priesthood. In Lev. 14 it was put on the cleansed leper, who of course pictures a saved sinner. This blood was the blood of the ram of "consecration." Thus the blood of Christ is put on the believer not for salvation, but for consecration as I Cor. 6:20 tells us; "we are bought with a price," henceforth to be consecrated to His service. It was put on the ear, the hand and the toe, for henceforth we are to hear His Word, do His Will and walk in His way. The "blood" tells the story that since the holy Son of God gave Himself for me, I now must give myself to Him. That's the meaning of the blood. So much more could be said. May God bless these few thoughts!
The death of Christ concerns sinners and salvation.
The Cross of Christ concerns believers and self-abnegation.
The blood of Christ calls for total consecration.
--August Van Ryn

In Christ: Phillip

2019/4/21 22:47Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Jochbaptist,

You wrote:
“Because the one did not have a woman on his side? :)”

Could Jesus have fallen because of a woman at His side?

He resisted Peter at His side.

Matt. 16:21-23 –
From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day. Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You." But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."

He resisted Satan, the deceiver himself, and every temptation all His life.

John 14:30 –
………the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;

Blessings

2019/4/22 0:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy