SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

COMMENT BY T. AUSTIN SPARKS

“………When we speak on this matter of holiness and sin and unrighteousness, and, perhaps begin to feel something about it and ourselves, it is just possible for us to wrongly call to our rescue certain Scriptures; wrongly call to our rescue “there is therefore no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus” and wrongly take the covering of that Scripture and such like Scriptures and hide behind them. There is a difference: ‘Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!’ See the point? Oh yes, we will always be very imperfect, always be much to be done in us until the end, in cleansing, sanctifying and saving... it has to go right on. And if we walk in the light as He is in the light we have fellowship one with another, that is, Himself and ourselves, the blood of Jesus Christ His Son goes on cleansing us from all sin. But there is such a thing as not walking in the light and excusing it by saying, ‘Yes, I know I am very imperfect and I am a sinner but there is no condemnation in Christ.’ You see what I mean? Well, you can't, we can’t get away with that.

“These people in the churches in the Revelation, in the seven churches, in those where there was wrong, when it was mentioned to them their wrongs, ‘Thou hast there this and that and the other thing, this thing I hate’ they might have said: ‘But there’s no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus; the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.’ That won't do. That won't do!

“………We must be a purified people. We must be walking in holiness. We must, with all the value of the precious blood cleansing, and the Holy Spirit sanctifying, we must be walking in the light and we must correspond to the Lord for association.”

AMEN.

2019/3/23 21:26Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

SCRIPTURE

Mal. 3:2-3 –
For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap. He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the LORD offerings in righteousness.

1Pet. 4:17 –
For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God……

2019/3/23 21:28Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not." 1 John 2:1

I personally will not accept or make peace with any sin. No excuses. If Jesus said I can be holy, holy is what I will be, and I don't care if every theologian in the world disagrees with me. I read in God's word "Blessed are the pure in heart", "Go and sin no more" and verses like that on practically every page of the Bible; I also hear the devil telling me "it's impossible to be holy, every person sins, righteousness is a pipe dream" etc. and sadly some pastors, authors and church leaders say the same thing. I choose to believe God's word.

2019/3/23 22:42Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Nigel,

You said, “If Jesus said I can be holy, holy is what I will be……”

Amen.

We need to walk in the Light and Jesus Himself will make us holy.

1 John 1:7 –
but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Heb. 13:20-21 –
Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Thess. 5:23-24 –
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Jude 24-25 –
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Blessings

2019/3/24 3:02Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

WALKING IN THE LIGHT

Jesus is the Light. His life is the Light of man

John 8:12 –
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

John 1:4 –
In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

1 John 5:11-12 –
And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Therefore, to walk in the Light is to walk in Jesus Himself, to walk in His Name.

And, to be filled with Light is to be filled with the life of Jesus which is Jesus Himself.

Gal. 2:20 –
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me……

WALKING IN JESUS’ NAME

Acts 3:6 (KJV) –
……Silver and gold have I none……
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

The spiritual and eternal principle here is:

I have nothing of worth and enduring value in myself.

I am just like the grass and all my glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls off (1 Pet. 1:24).

Isa. 64:6 –
………all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

Therefore, I will worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh (Phil. 3:3).

Jesus Himself will be my wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption (1 Cor. 1:30).

I will find all my treasures of wisdom and knowledge in Jesus alone (Col. 2:2).

2 Cor. 3:5 (KJV) –
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

Phil. 3:7-8 –
But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,

Ps. 20:7-8 (NIV) –
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
They are brought to their knees and fall,
but we rise up and stand firm.

We will leave our broken cisterns that can hold no water and return to God, the fountain of living waters (re: Jer. 2:13).

We will not love the world nor the things in the world.

1 John 2:15-16 –
If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

Ps. 87:7 (YLT) –
All my fountains are in Thee!

Ps. 42:1 —
As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So my soul pants for You, O God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LJwSkEhruw

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life, and rest, and joy, and peace.

Rom. 14:23 –
………whatever is not from faith is sin.

2019/3/25 3:30Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: SIN

To sin is to fall short of the glory of God.

Rom.3:23 –
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

God’s glory is seen in Christ.

2 Cor. 4:6 –
For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Heb. 1:3 –
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.

When Christ is in us, God’s glory fills us.

Col. 1:27 –
………Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Therefore, we fall short of the glory of God when Christ is not in us.

That is, we have sinned when Christ is not in us.

2 Cor. 13:5 (KJV) --
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Gal. 2:20 –
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me

Rom. 14:23 –
and whatever is not from faith is sin.

----------

Any comment?

2019/3/27 0:19Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If we are born from above and the life of Christ is in us being born again, a new creature, the life I now live I live by the faith of the Son of God, which He says He will never leave us. How, when and why would Jesus be unbirthed in us, leave us even if we sin? My body and soul are still earthly, that is why God has granted me death, that I might get rid of this body of sin and death and live unto God for ever in my new body like, the resurrected body like Jesus my Savior. Body, Soul and Spirit living for God through all eternity. Amen

1 John 1:8-9 (KJV) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Why is God faithful and just to forgive and cleanse? The Blood of Christ.

The part of me that is the spirit of Christ which occupies and keeps me is the only Holiness I can confess. I am Holy because the Holy one lives in me and it is His Holiness I stand on before the Father in Heaven who gave me to Jesus and He will not loose or leave me. My only hope is in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:27-29 (KJV) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: ((This is that which my faith stands on)) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

In Christ: Phillip

2019/3/30 5:30Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for your response.

The Lord Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us. BUT we can leave Him and forsake Him.

When we are abiding in Christ, we are in the Light (Christ is the Light) and the blood of Jesus continually cleanses us, and we are continually sin-free (1 John 1:7).

But when we are not abiding in Christ, we are in darkness, and Jesus says:

John 15:7 –
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.

That is, those not abiding in Christ and are in darkness are purified by FIRE.

Mal. 3:2-3 –
For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap. He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the LORD offerings in righteousness.

None of us are perfectly abiding in Christ so we all experience fiery trials.

If we are not in Christ and are in darkness and, like the prodigal son, we come to our senses and see the hopelessness and sorrow of our sin and decide to return to God, God welcomes us back with a huge embrace and a big feast, rejoicing that we were lost and have been found (Luke 15:11-32). And our sins He remembers no more.

1 John 1:9 –
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

2019/3/31 4:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Are you saying if we are not chastened or disciplined we are not of His.

I am sensing that if we sin you are saying Jesus Christ leaves us until we come back. If this is what you are saying I must disagree If not I agree with the fiery trials. If He leaves us that would be aborting the incorruptible Seed of the of the Father, "Christ in you the hope of glory" and we would have to be born again each time we sin. If God the Father does the birthing I don't believe there is any chance of abortion.

Forgive my sensing if I am not understanding your post correctly.

In Christ: Phillip

2019/3/31 6:41Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Phillip,

Heb. 12:6,10 (NIV) –
………the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son………He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness.

Heb. 13:5-6 –
………He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,"

Isa. 43:2 –
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you.

Ps. 66:12
………We went through fire and through water,
Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.

Blessings

2019/3/31 9:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy