SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermon on the Mount

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Christ is in us working this divine life""".

Praise God Greg.

Without Christ; NOTHING

John 5:19 (KJV) Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 15:5 (KJV) I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2 Corinthians 13:8 (KJV) For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

In Christ, In and through the power of His resurrection in us, by what the Holy Spirit is told to do in us; (DO) ALL THINGS

2 Corinthians 12:19 (KJV) Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.

Philippians 2:14 (KJV) Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Philippians 4:13 (KJV) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

In the Strength of, by and through Christ: Phillip

2019/4/7 1:01Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Hi Phillip

You wrote: In Christ, In and through the power of His resurrection in us, by what the Holy Spirit is told to do in us; (DO) ALL THINGS.”

Yes, this is what Paul is pointing to in Romans chapter 10.

[Rom 10:8-9 NKJV] 8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”...what famous Scripture talks about who the “word” is?

2019/4/7 10:42Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"""Yes, this is what Paul is pointing to in Romans chapter 10""", Amen Jeff

Even more;

The Word: John 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The incorruptible Seed: 1 Peter 1:23 (KJV) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The living Word: """ which liveth and abideth for ever. """

The epitome of Christ in you; Colossians 1:27 (KJV) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

His glory is truly our only glory.

In Christ: Phillip

2019/4/7 17:17Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Going back to the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus teaching the multitudes, it is often said that this teaching is something greater...

Listen to the testimony of a situation which Isaac found himself in.

[Gen 26:19-22 NKJV] 19 Also Isaac's servants dug in the valley, and found a well of running water there. 20 But the herdsmen of Gerar quarreled with Isaac's herdsmen, saying, "The water [is] ours." So he called the name of the well Esek, because they quarreled with him. 21 Then they dug another well, and they quarreled over that [one] also. So he called its name Sitnah. 22 And he moved from there and dug another well, and they did not quarrel over it. So he called its name Rehoboth, because he said, "For now the LORD has made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land."

Isaac turned the other cheek multiple times and he state afterwards, "For now the LORD has made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land."

This reminds me of another Scripture...

[Pro 16:7 NKJV] 7 When a man's ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Might I suggest that this outcome is a product of faith and not of works.

2019/4/9 13:37Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Again have you considered the testimony of Joseph? Joseph’s life is an illustration of the Sermon on the Mount; turning the other cheek.

Joseph lived before the Law of Moses was given, what Law did he follow?

2019/5/4 9:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy