SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Things women weren't allowed to do...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Things women weren't allowed to do...

Things women weren’t allowed to do not long ago in America.

Open A Bank Account without their husband or a male relative’s permission.Until 1974 when the Equal Credit Opportunity Act was passed.

Serve Jury Duty. Until 1968 when it was legal in every state.

Practice Law. Until 1971.

Take Birth Control Pills. Until 1960 when the contraceptive was approved.

Go On Maternity Leave. Until the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978.

Breastfeed In Public. Until a bill was passed by Congress.

Attend An Ivy League University.

In 1969 Yale and Princeton admitted their first female students. At Harvard it wasn't until 1977.

Attend A Military Academy. Until 1976.

Run The Boston Marathon until 1972.

Serve In Combat. Until 2013.

Become An Astronaut. Until 1978.

But as early as 1920 women won the right to vote.

If you'd like, you may add to this list.

Note: a current thread linking revival to repentance is on the forum. Until a full repentance of the sin of feminism is repented of, don't be deceived into thinking we're repenting.

Is America now a better place? For both men and women?

America can't be great again! Repentance of sin is the answer. And this includes one of the root sins, FEMINISM!

2018/9/29 7:22Profile
HeartSong

Re: Things women weren't allowed to do...

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet (H5828) for him. - Gen 2:18

And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet (H5828) for him. - Gen 2:20

And the name of the other was Eliezer; for the God of my father, said he, was mine help (H5828), and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh: - Exo 18:4

And this is the blessing of Judah: and he said, Hear, LORD, the voice of Judah, and bring him unto his people: let his hands be sufficient for him; and be thou an help (H5828) to him from his enemies. - Deu 33:7

There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help (H5828), and in his excellency on the sky. - Deu 33:26

Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help (H5828), and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places. - Deu 33:29

Send thee help (H5828) from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion; - Psa 20:2

Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help (H5828) and our shield. - Psa 33:20

But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help (H5828) and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying. - Psa 70:5

Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help (H5828) upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people. - Psa 89:19

O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help (H5828) and their shield. - Psa 115:9

O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD: he is their help (H5828) and their shield. - Psa 115:10

Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help (H5828) and their shield. - Psa 115:11

[[A Song of degrees.]] I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help (H5828). My help (H5828) cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. - Psa 121:1-2

Our help (H5828) is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth. - Psa 124:8

Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help (H5828), whose hope is in the LORD his God: - Psa 146:5

They were all ashamed of a people that could not profit them, nor be an help (H5828) nor profit, but a shame, and also a reproach. - Isa 30:5

And I will scatter toward every wind all that are about him to help (H5828) him, and all his bands; and I will draw out the sword after them. - Eze 12:14

Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help (H5828): but many shall cleave to them with flatteries. - Dan 11:34

O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help (H5828). - Hos 13:9

2018/10/1 3:17Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Quote:

Note: a current thread linking revival to repentance is on the forum. Until a full repentance of the sin of feminism is repented of, don't be deceived into thinking we're repenting.

Is America now a better place? For both men and women?

America can't be great again! Repentance of sin is the answer. And this includes one of the root sins, FEMINISM!

Striking words!

American is becoming a Marxist country in thinking. Make a judgment on anything and you may suffer the consequences unless it lines up with political theory....the personal becomes political for American liberals and that is part of where America is.

I applaud your words!

btw, the list you posted. Do you think that should still be in tact today?

2018/10/1 8:03Profile
savannah

Re: Genesis & Eden

"...the list you posted. Do you think that should still be in tact today?"

If Genesis is literal and Eden was a real Garden...YES INDEED!

God's Word which was posted by Heartsong emphasises the word "help", and if that be kept in mind by the female sex as her purpose she'd have no axe to grind with the short list in the OP. Much more could be added to the list!

2018/10/1 10:14Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

So savannah,

you think women should not vote?

- should not be able to open bank account without the permission of male relatives? This is would not be a good law. I do believe a wife certainly should not do that without the knowledge of her husband but not out of compulsion (or law restriction) but out of love. Because the money of a home are 'our', not 'mine' vs. 'yours'.

I just want you to be careful with such things and perhaps take a look at countries where women are restricted - Iran for example (and actually all Islamic countries). Where the fate of many girls is in the hand of their relatives and they SUFFER! because of that. And no verse in the Bible will excuse the behaviour of the 'male relatives' (husband / father / brother).

Do I need to give detailed examples?
I am not feminist, but I am not blind to the other side of the coin. And yes, the family has been damaged by feminism. But you are not going to change that by prohibiting this or that. A change of mind and heart is needed! And a will to go against the majority, knowing the truth about your role in family in society from God's perspective!

2018/10/1 14:45Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Sorry, I had to chime in on this one.

I don't hold to a feminist perspective, and I don't hold to a chauvinist one either.

If you don't think women should be able to vote or hold a position in government, tell that to queen Esther.

If you don't think women should practice law or serve on jury duty, tell that to Judge Deborah.

If you don't think women should serve in combat, tell that to Jael.

So you don't think women should be able to go on maternity leave? Or get an education?

Read Proverbs 31; a woman who works hard and is a faithful wife and mother is highly valued in God's eyes.

2018/10/1 16:36Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Savannah

Do you participate in any of the things that you listed that a woman should not be doing?

2018/10/1 17:12Profile
savannah

Re: N/A

"Do you participate in any of the things that you listed that a woman should not be doing?"

They're N/A to me.

2018/10/1 18:01Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

I despise feminism, it is a blight and curse upon our nation and our families. It's an ideology that runs contrary to godliness.

That being said. It's important to be biblical about things.

Open A Bank Account without their husband or a male relative’s permission.Until 1974 when the Equal Credit Opportunity Act was passed.
{there is no biblical injunction against it}

Serve Jury Duty. Until 1968 when it was legal in every state.
{There is no biblical injunction against it}

Practice Law. Until 1971.
{There is no biblical injunction against it}
Take Birth Control Pills. Until 1960 when the contraceptive was approved.
[fornication is forbidden, kill-pills are murder, other contraceptives within a marriage are according to conscience]

Go On Maternity Leave. Until the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978.
[no biblical injunction against it]
Breastfeed In Public. Until a bill was passed by Congress.
Attend An Ivy League University.
In 1969 Yale and Princeton admitted their first female students. At Harvard it wasn't until 1977.
Attend A Military Academy. Until 1976.
[implied in scripture that men alone engaged in combat]
Run The Boston Marathon until 1972.
[no biblicsal injunction against it]
Serve In Combat. Until 2013.
[implied in scripture that men alone engaged in battle]
Become An Astronaut. Until 1978.
But as early as 1920 women won the right to vote.

In conclusion, Feminism no doubt has a part to play in most everyone of these facets of American culture, yet, until there is explicit prohibition of them, they are accessible by way of New Covenant liberty.

The fact that any one of these can be 'sin' to an individual does not in itself negate it's availability to citizenry of this nation. Both men and women can ruin lives, sin and destroy by driving their car, yet no one of sound mind lists driving a car as a questionable activity for a woman. Therefore the propensity of any 'thing' to cause sin cannot by necessity be prohibitive. Men use the bible to 'sin' everyday in their using it to exploit and control people, yet every sound mind knows the bible was designed by God for it's godly purpose.

Feminism is an exploiter and destroyer of what God created in women to bear the image and likeness of God. A woman's God given intellect is exploited by feminist propagandist to injure the family and demean the role of the man in family and community. Should we then keep women from education because feminism has corrupted the usage of intellect? No...that would be just stupid.

It is good to attack the ideology of feminism, but to attack what feminism exploits and uses for it's own purposes is missing the mark altogether as I see it.

2018/10/2 11:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

What females can or cannot do besides birthing babies, one would do well to study the WORD to see what females did, how they contributed to society.

Some will point to wicked females - think Jezebel - as a case in point how females need to be silenced. However, as I study the WORD I find a whole lot more incidents of males who rebelled against God then I do females.

Adam blamed Eve for his sin - men still do that - but God held him responsible. Each person is responsible for his own sin - blaming others and thinking it will get you off the hook will not work.

In the meantime, I enjoy being married to my husband - have done it for 51 years. It has been a learning and growing experience. And I enjoy it very much.

Sandra

2018/10/2 18:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy