SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Warning To Churches 2018 - Don’t jump on the Catholic, Protestant and one world religion train.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Warning To Churches 2018 - Don’t jump on the Catholic, Protestant and one world religion train.

I watched this video by Torben Sondergaard today and it was enlightening. He showed how the Catholic church is infiltrating all denominations to get along with them and how we are all one. He has a heavy Dutch accent but i would watch it, you can still understand him.

Search by copying and pasting into youtube:

torben søndergaard Warning To Churches 2018

2018/8/11 16:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Warning To Churches 2018 - Don’t jump on the Catholic, Protestant and one world

Sister,

Though there are truths he is sharing that are valid, in the end his own ministry is very much in question.

For one vital thing to start with he is non-trinitarian, that means he is Oneness and believes in Jesus Only. He attributes the trinity to paganism, etc.

Even the name he called the movement "the last reformation" has to raise eyebrows, is he really bringing in the last reformation before the coming of Jesus? He is self-proclaiming to be essentially doing this himself. Martin Luther never said he was starting a great reformation rather he just did what God called him to do and others validated his ministry.

I have a strong caution with Torben Søndergaard

2018/8/11 17:40Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Warning To Churches 2018 - Don’t jump on the Catholic, Protestant and one world

Hi Lisa,

I know there is a move within christindom to get Christians united which have the potential of going in the right direction leading to revival or in the wrong direction leading to apostacy.

I also know there is a move outside of Christianity that aims to unite world religion which we know is satanic in nature.

But is the pope actually calling for one world religion? I am not sure.
I have listened to many things people claim the pope said that were deceptively misquoted.

I have watched the video about the pope but the language can be interpreted two ways.

Is he saying that there are many beliefs in the world and we need to have a loving dialogue instead of killing and bloodshed?
Or is he promoting many paths to God.

Is he saying we are all children of God by virtue of creation ( which would be true)or by virtue of salvation(which would be false)

In other words, is he calling for respecting God's image in your fellow creature and the potential they have of finding the truth in the person of Jesus Christ instead of demonizing, murdering and refusing to have a loving dialogue that could lead to his salvation or is he saying we are all worshipping the same God?

Honestly I couldn't tell.

Here is my question. Do you have a video or a quote, (not a misquote or a partial quote)
by the pope directly stating that Jesus is only one way among many?

2018/8/11 18:14Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

In the middle of the video, he quotes the Vatican from the Vatican website. That is what I remember off hand that seemed to encourage what he was saying.

2018/8/11 18:37Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Yes, I have watched the video of the pope speach . That is what I am referring to when I say the language could be interpreted in 2 ways.

There is a psychological thing that takes place in our mind when someone says I will show you a video,quote, clip and this is what it is saying.

We tend to see there what this person is saying even if it is not there.

In other words, our perspective or expectation is already colored by what are told we will see or hear.

2018/8/11 18:48Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I just watched it again and noticed a sentence that bothered me. The pope said that many are seeking and meeting God in different ways.

I don't have a problem with him saying many are seeking God in different ways but to say they are meeting or finding him in these ways is a lie.
I am not sure if that's an addition or mistranslation from the Italian or not.

2018/8/11 20:05Profile
wijnand

Re:

Greg,

I have listened and watched many of his video's, and I have read his books, but I never heared him say that he is non-trinitarian.

The only thing is that he believes that we should baptise in the name of Jesus. But that is not attached to trinitarian/non-trinitarian doctrine I think.

So, how do you know this, dear brother?

2018/8/14 2:43Profile
wijnand

Re:

An add..

Torben says about this:

"I have never said that I believes in Only Jesus. I have said I don’t believe in that."

So he's not a non-trinitarien.

2018/8/14 10:59Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: useless critique

Looking him up on the web, reading his dissenters is like reading the lines from a high school peer group hate on the unpopular kid. Silly.

Attacking because he believes in healing? Seriously?
Attacking because he didn't get permission from the 'institutional church' before he went out and preached? Seriously?
Attacking because he believes God speaks to him? Seriously?

Then reading the comment sections you read the same dissent and silliness found in the article.

He may have serious errors, he may be non-Trinitarian, he may be off in some ways but to attack those things and then claim him false...

I too am false by their judgments.

Even when researching people on the web, the web itself is fully non-sense so that if Torben is errant, the picture his dissenters paint is so smeared by their own biases one cannot see the real errors if any.

Im not second guessing greg or vouching for this man, only that what I'd read classified anyone not cessationist as a false teacher.

2018/8/14 11:29Profile
wijnand

Re:

I had contact with Torben today and he said this about the name "The Last Reformation"...

This is what he said:

"Please tell him that I NEVER started a movement by the name The Last Reformation

I wrote a book by that name.. I did not know it will grow like this."

2018/8/15 1:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy