SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : False Prophets

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ald0025

False Prophets

Brethren we know in the last days there are going to be false prophets in our midst. Recently, I was asked to watch a video by 3 respectable prophets in Christian circles, that gave their prophetic outlook for 2018 on Sid Roth. Frankly, I was disappointed, most included how the Lord is going to make America great again, there is going to be peace among nations, supernatural provision, etc. I didn't hear one time about preparation in seeking the Lord or repentance from our worldly lusts to the call to take up our cross and follow Him in a life of godliness. The Lord over the last few months has entered me into a great shaken of my faith, spiritual darkness of fear, worry, sexual thoughts have hit my mind and spirit like never before. I really believe we are in crucial times of preparation. Do we regard these men as true brethren or false prophets? The Lord was showing me this morning that the enemy is going to sow tares (half-truths) among the wheat, sounding like truth, but when you get to the source of it is not of the Spirit. Can false prophets be Christians that have gone the way of the flesh?

2018/1/20 11:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: False Prophets

Isn’t it strange how God only uses folks on tv, or high powered preachers, to Prophesize?

2018/1/20 12:12Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Brother Ald0025,

It's shameful. This is why we are to study to show ourselves approved. I believe God has prophets in the land today but I'm not too sure that any of them would be on Sid Roth's program. :) (Only if God told them to go.)

1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Jeremiah 6:14 They have healed the brokenness of My people superficially, Saying, 'Peace, peace,' But there is no peace.

Isaiah 56:11 And the dogs are greedy, they are not satisfied. And they are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, Each one to his unjust gain, to the last one.

Rulers and Prophets Condemned - Micah 3:4-8

4 Then they will cry out to the LORD, But He will not answer them. Instead, He will hide His face from them at that time Because they have practiced evil deeds.
5 Thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who lead my people astray; When they have something to bite with their teeth, They cry, "Peace," But against him who puts nothing in their mouths They declare holy war.
6 Therefore it will be night for you-- without vision, And darkness for you-- without divination. The sun will go down on the prophets, And the day will become dark over them.
7 The seers will be ashamed And the diviners will be embarrassed. Indeed, they will all cover their mouths Because there is no answer from God.
8 On the other hand I am filled with power-- With the Spirit of the LORD-- And with justice and courage To make known to Jacob his rebellious act, Even to Israel his sin.

God bless,
Lisa

2018/1/20 12:33Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Welcome to SI brother or sister ald0025. Yes, I do believe that true born again Christians can become false prophets when they covet the applause and approval of man. There will be many false prophets, I personally believe even the majority of those who profess to be prophets are false. You can spot them easily because they do not call for repentance, just smooth talk, everything will be fine and so on. Others are more subtle.

True prophets have to face a lot of opposition from the religious establishment.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Luke 6:26
26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

As for your troubles, I know what you are talking about. The same befell me about 11 years ago when I left my charismatic church because I saw their error and challenged them. If you go against the grain of mainstream evangelical Christianity, because God has awaken you, you must become a prayer warrior, and the read the scriptures daily and thouroughly otherwise you will end up in despair and defeat.

2018/1/20 12:35Profile

Many false prophets now today without a Gospel of Repentance with their huge following flocks, they are leading to destruction....

2018/1/20 12:43
ald0025

Re:

It's interesting you say smooth talk, because a lot of what they say seems so "spiritually", it's another pattern then Jesus and the apostles. The focus is still on the things of this world. The apostles talk about getting ready for the coming of Jesus. I believe the message they speak is so dangerous, because the Lord is calling His people to prepare and seek His face for tribulation and persecution. The enemy seeks to cause confusion in the body of Christ, he wants to dull our spiritual ears from hearing the true word of God.

2018/1/20 13:30Profile
dohzman

Re:

I believe we will see prosperity but it’s a trap. The wise in hear will use times of peace to prepare for the extreme troubles ahead, also to prepare to meet God face to face. American Christianity believes they will have no tribulation and than the rapture, but the reality is is this country will see great destruction well before the rapture. It’s a good time to get busy forThe Lord and seek Him while it is day.

2018/1/20 14:31Profile
dohzman

I wanted to add something here. I did not see this program so I personally can not comment on what was said. If some was to come to me and ask what I thought about 2018 I would have an opinion and say what I believe will happen. The danger comes into play when we use the Lord s name to validate our “predictions “ Jere 23:32. Sometimes a matter is best left to chance with no predictions at all given. I suppose it would have been difficult to just say, I don’t know what God’s going to do in America this year, in front of thousands of viewers. I am reminded of Belshazzar who fell to the Medes and Persians during a time of great reviling and excess, it could be that America will experience great national wealth and security just to lose it all in a moment . Remember The Word of God says it’s vain for the watchmen to watch for unless The Lord watch the City The watchmen watch in vain. So I personally will use this time as I know most here will also, to draw near to Jesus making sure or election and calling in the Lord, patiently working while it is still day gathering those who we are responsible for into the ark of God, for we all know that the night is coming, when no man can work. God bless bro. Dmiller

2018/1/21 19:32Profile
ald0025

Re:

If you are interested. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3luBXEY2MGM&t=3641s

2018/1/24 18:10Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: W.O.F. prophets

Ive never heard so many prophetic words given all on one youtube video.

It seems a few words are true, but the rest do not seem to be from the Lord.

Edited this post to reflect what I believe about these prophets. By the way I believe in and expect to see prophets appear in our days.

If there is a spirit among these prophets it is the same spirit that moved from the word of faith preachers to these men who instead of 'preaching prosperity' now prophecy it.

W.O.F is laden with half/truths and these prophets seem to be growing from the same root.

To me, these men echo everything W.O.F. teaches. These prophets speak from the perspective that God is doing everything you would find taught in any Kenneth Copeland, Jerry Sevelle, Creflo Dollar meeting.

Blessings, prosperity, releasing the oppressed, healings coming your way, deliverance from hindrances, and many other prophetic words given. All of these words are announcing 2018 is something akin to a year of Jubilee, Every few years a W.O.F teacher announces a year of Jubilee for everyone in earshot.

I know some folks don't appreciate my discerning, or judgmentalism or criticism whatever you call it, but if you're not convinced, spend a few hours and go over some of Kenneth Copeland's Faith, healing, miracle sermons and you will find a very similar flow, wording and perspective on God.

To me, if Kenneth Copeland is giving a sound biblical message, then it would stand to reason these men who sound so similar would also fit that category.
But if not, then maybe these men are not sound.

For me, putting bluntly, this is word of faith dressed in a prophetic robe rehashing the same old stuff I've heard for 30 years now.

2018/1/24 19:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy