SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The True Meaning Of Christ-Mass

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dspks

Dakotas

Re: The True Meaning Of Christ-Mass

An other activity to avoid to qualify as a "honest, sincere, and discerning Christian".

Does this activity rank up there with:

“...Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
Galatians 5:19-21, KJV.

??

2017/12/19 13:17Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Regardless of how anyone feels about Christmas, I could only imagine that anyone who would start a thread "at Christmas time" and try and spoil a tradition for probably more than half the world, has to be a very lonely, miserable and unhappy person. Why wait until now? why couldn't this thread be started in April or May to discuss this? We should just pray for this pour soul, because they probably don't celebrate anything, it must be very lonely, I wonder if this was maybe the Maytag man posting this.

Few facts about the writer of the post in the OP's link.

Pastor David J. Meyer was born in 1950, in the small town of Clintonville in northern Wisconsin. Though his preteen years were normal in most senses, his teenage years were very rocky. If you would talk to him today, he would admit he did a lot of foolish things. One of these things was his involvement in witchcraft.

His family had a lot of witchcraft in its history. He became very involved in Astrology, Numerology, palm reading, and other forms of witchcraft. At the time his future didn't look too bright, but God had other plans for him.

A former witch, who became a follower of Jesus Christ and thereafter a pastor of an independent, Bible-believing congregation in Wisconsin, exposed the Occult, the Vatican and Freemasonry in one particular interview with the “Power Hour” which took place in December of 2009. Six months later he was dead.

Shortly before Pastor Meyer died, he was to have extraordinary headaches that felt like his head was about to explode. While Mycosis, which seldom brings death and can be usually treated with antibiotics, was thought to possibly be the reason for his death, I couldn’t help but think of the video at this link. Out of the multitude of sites and symptoms related to Mycosis, I only found one that said headaches could be a symptom. I find that odd, but nevertheless, perhaps Pastor Meyer did die of a very, very, very rare cause of death as his family has assumed and officially proclaimed on their website.

2017/12/19 13:46Profile
savannah

Re: no distractions

Nigel wins the prize!

Todd came in 2nd

2017/12/19 15:05Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

absurd logic , when has Christmas ever been used to celebrate christs death lets divide a word , as Christmas has been celebrated since the time of Augustine , I am against catholism,
what is it people have against celebrating Christmas as do we want a world in we do not celebrate Christmas without Christmas hymns with theology
the logic may be used to say grapenuts so therefore grapenuts are grapes and nuts
why do we despise to celebrate the birth of our saviour , would we want a world in which we do not celebrate our messiahs birth , I ask you the question , what is your alternative ? As most non Christians would walk into a church at this time of year
a country such as Saudi Arabia or a Muslim country in which they do not celebrate Christmas your alternative or a place where we do not get to give out presents in which we can share the gospel and explain the Nativity scene even thou it's not correct as the wise would have corn when Jesus was 2

2017/12/19 16:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It’s totally ridiculous Dom but you can count on these threads this time every year.

To quote Linus, “Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem.”

2017/12/19 16:26Profile
savannah

Re: winners

Nigel wins 1st prize. He gets an all expenses paid trip for him and his family to Santa's workshop in the North Pole. And a free dinner with all Santa's elves as a bonus.

But Todd forfeited his prize and was disqualified due to his last post. Mr. Bill now gets Todd's prize. He gets a free Christmas tree every year for the rest of his life.

See you at the Poles!

2017/12/19 17:00Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re: The True Meaning Of Christ-Mass

How many participate in the activity of marriage?

Did you know that the ORIGIN of SIN involved a husband and wife?
Can anyone here honestly participate in this activity KNOWING it’s history of failure, rebellion and destruction??

2017/12/19 17:17Profile
savannah

Re: 2+2=5

"How many participate in the activity of marriage?"

NOT I. Here's why...

“This is my conclusion,” says the Teacher. “I discovered this after looking at the matter from every possible angle. Though I have searched repeatedly, I have not found what I was looking for. Only one out of a thousand men is virtuous, but not one woman! Ecclesiastes 7:27,28

Thanks for asking.

2017/12/19 18:26Profile
keepstanding

UK

Re:

I have edited this, as the first part was not written in the spirit of Christ:

Info on Pastor David J.Meyer from his actual webpage:

David J. Meyer was born in Clintonville, Wisconsin. He was born into a family where superstition and occultism were everywhere. His paternal grandmother and great grandmother were both practicing witches in the old wiccan tradition.

When David was 13 years old he began his involvement with astrology, numerology and palm reading. This continued until age 19 and he became well-known in northern Wisconsin as a psychic astrologer. Many mysterious events made him popular with the people in that area.

At age 19 a friend coaxed him to attend a small church where miracles and healing were said to happen. Being drawn first of all by curiosity, David attended a Sunday evening service where the Holy Ghost began to work conviction in his heart. At the end of the service he went up to the front and fell to his knees and repented before the Lord. The following week he was baptized in the name of the Lord. One week later, he was baptized with the Holy Ghost. It was an experience reminiscent of Saul of Tarsus on the Damascus road.

After deliverance from many devils that came out from him, he instantly began to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the streets. While continuing his ministry, David also assisted various pastors and completed his Associate of Arts degree at Fox Valley Technical Institute. He also completed 10 years of service with the University of Wisconsin system as a master locksmith in charge of physical security. During that time he won many awards and certificates including the highest award presented by the Governor of Wisconsin. David also did computer programming and security systems designing and analysis.

David J. Meyer was the pastor of Truth Tabernacle, a totally independent Bible-believing Christian church which he founded in 1974, located in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. He was also the editor and publisher of the Last Trumpet Newsletter, which began publication in 1981 and currently has many thousands readers. Last Trumpet Ministries International also distributes thousands of CDs and DVDs each year. http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/docs/aboutdjm.html

Here is a statement from his wife about his illness/death:

Many of you have asked us to explain the cause of Pastor Meyer's death. In truth, only God fully knows. In brief, it appears that he developed a type of mycosis from ordinary mold that is air born and common enough so that all of us deal with it. Usually, our immune systems are strong enough to withstand this mold, but for some reason, Pastor Meyer had difficulty.
A few days before Memorial Day, Pastor began having excruciating headaches. He had been suffering severe headaches for many weeks already, had a surgery for sinusitis in April, and then lost sight in his left eye, but these new headaches were beyond any ordinary pain. It felt like his head was going to explode. We would cry out to God, and God helped him again and again. But the headaches would always come back.
Other things had gone wrong, too. He had been unable to sleep soundly for weeks. Later, we found out he was suffering from an undiagnosed bronchitis and had suffered mini strokes. On June 1st after a MRI, he suffered a major stroke and ended up in a coma. The Lord took him home on June 8th.

We all thank God for this remarkable man that we loved so very much. Even when Pastor Meyer was gravely ill, he kept on doing whatever he could for the Kingdom of God. He loved his work and the people that he reached with great intensity. I, as his wife, also thank God for him and the wonderful example of his life. I rejoice that I could work at his side and glean from his knowledge and love for God. His last conscious moments there in the hospital room were spent praying quietly and singing one of his beloved hymns.
Shirley Meyer http://www.pastormeyer.org/statement.html

And a bit about his personality:

David was known as a kind, generous, intelligent man who inspired people with his faith and hope in God. He was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, minister, and friend. He was serious about his work for the Lord, but he was also known for his sense of humor and amiable personality. He loved science and taught it to home schooled children. He enjoyed telling stories, and often included tales about his African Grey parrot, Professor, and his cockatiel, Simon. He was a man of many interests, who aspired to be both knowledgeable and proficient in whatever he was doing. http://www.pastormeyer.org/obit.html

2017/12/20 10:07Profile
proudpapa

Re:

4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

2017/12/20 10:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy