Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tattoos and the Mark of the Beast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It seems the large majority of biblical scholars would disagree with you.

Like Matt Slick said in that article, Paul quoted a Greek philosopher; doesn’t mean the philosophers writings were inspired.

2017/11/7 8:24Profile
savannah

Re: ladies and gentlemen

"However, God is a gentleman."

Gentlemen don't cast people into hell.

“But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who after He has killed has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!" Luke 12:5

2017/11/7 9:33Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

I have a tattoo on my right forearm. It says "...but if not..." with "Daniel 3:18" underneath it. It is the only tattoo that I have.

I think the logic here is flawed.

Look at some of the immediate context (vv 26-28):

26 ‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor shall you practice divination or soothsaying. 27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard. 28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.

Any of you shave around the sides of your head? Any of you disfigure the edges of your beard? Any of you like your steak rare? If we split these verses away from their context, then most of us are in some sort of violation.

Based on the grammar, a tattoo is related to the cuttings in your flesh for the dead. They are not separable because they are conveyed together as one singular idea.

Did I get this tattoo for someone dead? No. Jesus is alive.

Not that experience should be the basis for doctrine; but I have had a LOT doors opened to me to witness to people because they have no idea what my tattoo means and many, many people inquire. It's worked well for me and served the purpose that I had hoped it would.

2017/11/7 12:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Amen havok.

I am not a fan of tattoos but it is strictly on the basis of preference and nothing to do with the OT verse- I agree with your reasoning regarding those verses.

Heavily tattooed persons sort of gross me out and I think there may be an issue with extreme tattooing from a Christian standpoint although I am not sure I could elucidate what it is. To me it looks “pagan” for lack of a better word.

2017/11/7 12:49Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Todd,

I’m sorry to hear my appearance would most likely gross you out :/
Tho no offense taken dear brother:)

2017/11/7 13:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Haha Fletcher—gross out was probably a little strong. I mean I don’t gag or anything.

It’s kind of weird but in my family it’s the ladies that have some tattoos and the guys do not.

In all seriousness I didn’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings and I shouldn’t have said that. I apologize.

2017/11/7 14:20Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

2017/11/7 18:52Profile
savannah

Re: Tattoos and the Mark of the Beast

Tattoos and the people of God of any age have never mixed. The people of God have never been a tattooed people.

But to try and connect the dots and throw the mark of the beast in there somehow, must have taken some of that legalized marijuana being smuggled into the study room.

We're all marked already!

If you get pulled over by an unmarked car, don't tell him he's not a police officer when he asks you for your license and registration. It's still a police car, and he's a policeman.

2017/11/7 19:07Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Todd,

No worries bro-

I have found they (tattoos) have offered several opportunities to share the gospel with many whom are otherwise overlooked... for example I have my wife’s image holding 6 arrows, when people ask about what it means I explain that is my wife and the arrows are my children and quote psalms 127:3-5 and that often opens the door to share more:)
This I know for sure, the Lord uses me weekly if not daily to minister His word to people He leads across my path and He reveals Himself in, to and thru me... if at the end He casts me aside (because of tattoos or some other reason) then so be it, for His mercy and Christ’s blood is the only entrance into heaven known to me. What I do for the gospels sake isn’t to get something,... it’s in response to something I’ve already received that I didn’t deserve:)

It’s is interesting that it’s the women and not the men in your family that have tats,... as a professional most of my clients are female and that is anomalous in my experience-

2017/11/7 20:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy