SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What will it take for Revival to come?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

What will it take for Revival to come?

As I spent time reading the events in the life of a gracious man named Oswald Chambers, I pondered these very words before the Lord …. “What will it take for Revival to come” and the response back was startling to me:

If you seek for revival, it will require 2 things from you. The first is prayer, for the fervent prayer of a Righteous man avails much, the scripture says. The second is before the first, and that is, a heart willing for the Righteousness of God. We need to be seeking the heart and mind of the lord, to search for Him, until He reveals Himself to us, to learn of Him---then—walk with Him as He walks. Live life as He lives, and love the truth as He did, above all else! You and I need to become decisive in our mind that we WILL speak the truth from God's WORD—WITHOUT—any reservations!!! I will speak on this area at another time. First we become the truth, I mean we abide in Him, obedience, through Faith is our life, and out of this flows the Rivers of Living Waters-that is Christ in us!

Now with that established in our hearts we are living epistles, lively stones for the Lord, now our prayers are unhindered, the God of Heaven awaits, for the sweet aroma of His Saints, His chosen ones to bring before Him, His desires! The prayers of a Righteous man avails much! Who is willing among men? Among women?? Before you answer that question, consider the cost of the one who will choose to go this path. It will cost you your time, a serious change in schedule through the week, and times alone, crying out in repentance over your sin, over your family, and over your church and community! Are you still willing to heed the call? In all honesty most of us would be foolish to say..Yes. The reality is, we like the way things are for us, and we are comfortable! We will even put up with compromise, just so we can be comfortable! In the eyes of Jesus, He seeks for those willing to lay their lives down for Him, to be whole-hearted for him! To be cleansed, prepared and sent, to fulfill His many tasks. Anyone else hearing something like this lately? What is the Spirit of God saying to His Church?

2005/6/20 20:14Profile
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re: What will it take for Revival to come?

So, there's no one to STAND for truth? Jesus is coming back for His church, who's Love for Him is pure. Where are we, my friends?? I am not a history buff, but I do know how to research, and when you look into the Revivals in Europe and the U.S. a smal group of hungry souls began to pour out their hearts before God, sometimes months turn into years. Then we see thousnds turn to Jesus! Towns are turned upside down and cleansed, families made whole, marriages healed. We as the Church of Jesus Christ need to be purified, our hearts need to separate from this world, and come back to what God's will is for us, and live Holy lives in a dark and lost world. Most times I think I'm alone in this endeavor, first to live the truth, before God first, then be His light. No one seems to really want true Spiritual Revival in this land. :cry:

2005/6/22 0:07Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Dear Joshua99,

That is a very good question, but one I am afraid not many have really sought the Lord for an answer.

Ravi Zaharias [Prof.] seriously looked at the problem in the USA, on a radio four part series entitiled: Spirit of the Age. He did paint rather a bleek picture of a think he called, 'privatization' ~ he spoke of how so many Christians are being told that their faith must remain at home, as it is not relevant in the world, or even welcome.

I am not an American, but sometimes think that I might well have become one, and nearly did when we considered moving to Texas area.

I have a number of brothers and sisters in Jesus who live in the California area.

I always imagined that you guys have really got a revival going on, until what you guys had been experiencing hit our towns. It is that Purpose Driven Life thing, it seperates believers and breaks up churches.

Our church on the hill got so bad, our poor minister was asked to leave. Only because he spoke out against the whole PDL/CGM.

I guess, firstly repentance from being so secularist and materialistic might help, however my personal quite times gave me only one point.

The people of God, need to listen to God. So much of what we do is show, entertainment, and superficial. We really need to shhhhhhhhht down and listen until it hurts, and then when we have done that to listen still more.

The verse that echoes in my mind is:

'Be still and know that I am God'

In Jesus,
Aeryck.

2005/6/22 1:09Profile
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

I think it will take people becoming hungry enough. People having faith. Right now, the USA has no faith. We have riches and food. When you are rich and you know where you will be tomorrow, then you don't need to trust God or have faith.

If you don't know if today is your last day on the earth, if Chinese soldiers will beat down your door and execute you, or if the communists will find out where you are hiding.... then you tend to have a lot more faith in God. And then you tend to have more revival. Why? Because those people are hungry....

It's been said that "the blood of the martyrs is the seed of revival" or something like that. When we get serious enough about it, then we might have it.

And the only way most of us will become serious about it is if great persecution comes our way. Not a fun thing to think of.... but it'll come.

2005/6/22 3:27Profile
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

What's wrong with "a purpose driven life"? I have the book, but have not yet read it... I have heard great reviews of it though....

2005/6/22 3:27Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Zapthycat,
So as not to move this into the lengthly debate of Rick Warren, I suggest you get a copy of Decieved on Purpose by Warren Smith. Or if you want to read a very heavy article on what is really going on behind the scenes, I suggest a read of 'Pied Pipers on Purpose'
Self-help books seems to be a big one, for those who will not be true Bereans. [Acts 17:11]
Reverently in Christ,
Aeryck.
8-)

2005/6/22 3:44Profile
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

The end-result does not justify the means. Just in a few moments here, after looking at some of the info about Rick Warren, and not fully aware of all the details. I have to agree. Just by the mere popularity of this book! It seems to have "a form of Godlinees but denys the Power thereof namely OUR GOD. Why would I say this, you ask? Jesus said wide is the road that leads to destruction, and Many are on it, who claim they are believers--of what? Jesus said also narrow is the path and (hard or difficult it is,due to the cost)there are FEW that find it!! Holiness will cost you to lay your life down and die to self, these Self-help books don't insist on this. The Gospel message today is watered down, not telling the new converts or as we witness, WHAT IT WILL COST YOU! I was apart of the new age movement back before it was called new age! What I learned from the teaching, their methology--end result>you are a god! Its your thinking that is messed up, you need reprogramming. Aeyck if you have more insight about rick warren and others please email me. I just want to be informed.

2005/6/22 8:49Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

I believe zapthycat summed it up perfectly....we are not hungry enough!! We don't see the need, we are satisfied...have need of nothing. This is how we can spend countless hours debating theology and have no compassion for our brother in need!!!! No heart of God only knowlege of Him.
Only a few have the heart and mind of Christ, the rest are dying!!! Wake up beloved church, He's coming back for His bride and we are not ready!!

2005/6/22 12:09Profile
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

Tinluke hit the nail on the head.

If you read about the church of Laodicea in Rev. 3, we americans fit the description perfectly.....

2005/6/22 13:03Profile
Compton

Re: question

Quote:
Just in a few moments here, after looking at some of the info about Rick Warren, and not fully aware of all the details. I have to agree. Just by the mere popularity of this book!

Sometimes I wonder if we apologists are the reason revival tarries...at least to our eyes. This is just an observation, but I don't see the same textual scrutiny that we apply to our own Christians being applied to the southern hemisphere. Furthermore, there is a mistrust of Christian popularity and success in the US, while we celebrate Christian popularity and success in other countries.

I'm not defending or excusing anything...I just wonder if the reason the southern hemisphere is experiencing record growth is that each clan gives a pass to the other clans.

Can revival happen unless it be...(gulp) ecunmenical? Admittedly, I too am cycnical of just about everything that comes down the road these days. I've come to see that we few saints here are the only ones who love the Lord and believe correct doctrine!:-D Well some of us at least...;-)

Seriously, could it be that revival can't move beyond the uterus, because our western didactic tradition requires us to x-ray, dissect and identify every flaw in the baby? The fact is, revival may be alive and well, but underground like a mole--- beneath our sensitive noses. Maybe it has to because once it pops it's head up, every apologist with a 10X scope will range find it and shoot to kill.

I'm not saying that we should not contend for sound doctrine...but to pass summary judgement denouncing all things Rick Warren is beyond our commission I believe. Question, challenge, and test...but also encourage and believe that those who are with us...are indeed with us.

MC

edit; My comments here are not regarding this thread alone...more towards the common theme I see of denouncing one another.

2005/6/22 13:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy