SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Selling out to the Catholic Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Brethren, as a half Mexican/half Salvadorean I grew up in a predominantly Catholic culture, knowing many Catholics and being fairly acquainted with certain aspects of Catholicism. My mom took my sister and I to both Catholic and Protestant churches as kids. I used to profess to be a Catholic and wore a rosary because it was the cool traditional thing to do in the culture I grew up in. I've known several Catholics that seemed pretty devout in their religious practices. My aunt made sure all my cousins went through all their first communion rituals (my mom was less "devout" and much more lax with us so we didn't get as far as my cousins). My aunt also practiced "white magic" heavily, which is also prevalent among many Hispanic Catholics.

Before coming to Christ I noticed a big difference between Catholic and Protestant churches. In the Catholic churches the people did not seem to be that serious about their faith in terms of seeking to obey God on a daily basis and not just during the Mass, whereas in the Protestant churches it seemed that many, though not all, were indeed serious about daily obeying the Lord.

So when it came time for me to get serious and right with God at the age of 22, and when I felt I had to choose between Catholic and Protestant churches, the choice was obvious to me.

Looking back I cannot recall ever knowing any Catholics that seemed to be born again growing up as a kid. Granted, as a Christian I have met some that seemed to be born again but very few and far between. That's why I stated earlier that I'm convinced that the vast majority of Catholics are not born again, myriads more than within Protestant Evangelicalism. There are huge barriers that keep Catholics from coming to know Christ savingly, and the blame is on them not on God. God knows our hearts.

On another note, from the little research I've done, it seems that their traditions and false teachings got worse over time, kind of similar to how the Pharisees' traditions and false teachings worsened over time up to the time of Christ. Our Lord said that those traditions and false teachings played a roll in keeping the common people from coming to know God, and it's the same with Roman Catholicism, and Greek Orthodoxy.

2017/9/26 1:35Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Frank wrote- ps the ex-catholics on this site know the true nature of catholicism much more than someone who admits that they have abosolutely no connection to the catholic church. They also know what it is to be very patient and loving with their catholic family and continue to witness to them the truth. It is sad that they also have to contend with folks who have no connection with catholicism what-so-ever, intimate or directly tell those very loved ones that they are already Christians.

Greetings Frank

I was going to stay well clear of this thread as sadly I have learned the hard way no matter what you say people are just unwilling to hear what you are saying. That we love all those lost in the RCC, what we do not love is the institution that deceives them. I am no longer surprised by it just sadden really. However I had to write to you and say that I am here with you brother. What you shared here speaks so much to my heart right now. As you know my mother who is nearing the end of her days is devoted Catholic and will not hear the truth. She prays to mary, she prays to dead saints, she is faithful to the RCC and can't see anything wrong in that. As Art Katz said how can you profess to love someone and yet refuse to tell them the truth, that JESUS alone is the Way the Truth and the Light...

God Bless
mj

2017/9/26 10:05Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I’d like to share about my mom’s testimony for encouragement. She grew up in El Salvador, a predominantly Catholic country, much like Mexico is. Her immediate family was Catholic and she also professed to be Catholic growing up and into adulthood, attending Mass occasionally. When her first husband (with whom she had a little baby girl at the time-my half sister) was threatening to divorce her, she prayed to some saint, asking for his “divine assistance” to restore her marriage. About a week later her husband filed for divorce and he ended up getting legal custody of her little girl by paying a large sum of money, not even allowing my mom any visits with her little girl. That totally devastated her and she fled to the US and later on had my sister and I out of wedlock. While here in the US she got into dealing tarot cards (something also prevalent among Hispanic Catholics).

Fast forward to when I was 14 and I got into a gang and started going in and out of jail. Needless to say she started being very worried for my welfare. So she began to feel convicted about her tarot cards and gave them up. She also gave up drinking out of conviction in the midst of her trials with me and the hell I put her through. And she began asking for prayer from Christians who attended an Evangelical church nearby (her conscience told her that that’s where the truth and power of God were as opposed to within Catholic churches).

One time, in the morning after I didn’t come home to sleep and she was worried, she went to a pastor asking for prayer. The pastor told her she need not worry and that I’d be home at noon, and I came home at that time just like he said. She ended up getting baptized in that church but remained unconverted.

When I got out of prison at the age of 23 and she saw the transformation of my heart and life, she was amazed at the power of God and felt convicted about her lack of true repentance. So she surrendered to the Lord and was transformed. She began to tell everyone about the one true and living God, her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and His saving grace.

Though she cannot read her Bible that much due to poor eyesight and difficulty in comprehension when she reads, she is a powerful prayer warrior who puts me to shame in that area. She carries tracts when she has some and distributes them often as she walks around and takes the bus to places. She is a bold witness for the Lord and on many occasions, she has faithfully told Catholics that saints and/or statues made by human hands have absolutely no power to deliver and that there is only one true and Living God to whom we must pray and cry out to in true repentance and faith. Some Catholics have appreciated her sharing the truth with them, while some have gotten uncomfortable and upset.

I believe there is a time and place for reasoning with others and for boldly, yet lovingly warning them about their false idols that have no power to deliver. We see Peter and Paul doing just that in the book of Acts.

2017/9/26 14:19Profile

Re:

Oh Mary, dear sister, you have my prayers and your dear mother too. Reminds me so much of my dear old grandmother. She went to chapel seven days a week. My mother shared with her over many years and at one point, about ten years before she died, she was under severe conviction. She almost had a breakdown the conviction and the struggle was so bad. Right in the midst of it, an aunt, a former nun (still very much a catholic), literally had her taken into our local mental institution.

Any former catholic knows that each family situation is a war-zone spiritually. Satan rears up his ugly head when there is any possibility that a catholic would perhaps escape the clutches of bondage and find freedom in Jesus alone. I just want to come against the enemy in your situation right now Mary, and I know that there are others who will agree with me in prayer and we say "Lord, encourage my sister today and give her a breakthrough with her dear beloved mother. Cause her mother's eyes to be open Lord, let the scales fall, let the chains fall, let the blinders fall and let him who would deceive , deceive no more. Anoint Mary in all of her ways and dealings with her mother with the time that she has left on this earth. You know the heart Lord, give my sister words that would penetrate the hardest religious heart and may her mother find eternal life in you, for your glories sake Lord we ask this in your mighty name, the name that is above every name, the name whereby demons flee and bow their knee, the name whereby tongues confess that you are Lord to the glory of our heavenly Father.......JESUS.............bro Frank

2017/9/26 15:35
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Amen praying in agreement.

Btw, one of my cousins (son of my aunt who’s been heavily into white magic/witchcraft along with being a somewhat devout and staunch Catholic) came to the Lord in prison about a year and a half ago (he’s still in prison). He says he now has a burning desire to reach his family with the gospel and see them saved. He understands now that his family has been caught up in dead religion for many years. He asked me to send him Bible study resources as I'm able, and so far I’ve sent him an NKJV Bible, a Matthew Henry Study Bible, a Bible Dictionary, a Strong’s Concordance and a few Christian books, and he’s been excited to receive them and is feasting upon the Word in there. May the Lord use him as an instrument of truth and life in his family’s life (he's supposed to get out next year Lord willing).

2017/9/26 19:09Profile

Re:

Tremendous testimonies Oracio..........bro Frank

2017/9/27 0:59
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Selling out to the Catholic Church

A short observation...

Yes, I agree the Catholic church as an organisation is far from biblical and ought to be avoided and even resisted as far as official doctrine and practice are concerned.

So must all other extra biblical organisations and movements which move away from sound doctrine and living as delivered to us in the bible, especially the writings of our Lord and His apostles.

No denomination is from God.....they are all man made.

Shocked by that statement? Most of you know it is true. Our Lord never gave birth to a denomination, He gave birth to a living body called the church.

I will fellowship with all brethren everywhere who love the Lord Jesus as He is revealed in the bible and by the Holy Spirit.
I will strive for the purity of our faith and teaching and its simplicity and stand against all man made teachings that burden the people of God, no matter in which denomination it is found.

Beware, Christian, how you identify yourself: I am a Baptist? a Methodist? an Anglican?
Are we divided? Did one of the above die for you?

Blessings,

2017/9/27 4:30Profile

Re:

William writes........

"No denomination is from God.....they are all man made.
Shocked by that statement? Most of you know it is true. Our Lord never gave birth to a denomination, He gave birth to a living body called the church."

Amen!!.........bro Frank

2017/9/27 8:15
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Is it more important that we are know what are beliefs are so we can defend them

2017/9/27 18:16Profile

Re:

I think it is more important to actually know Jesus. But then again, if we actually know Jesus we will love the Word and know it. One time I was sharing with a very zealous Catholic. I listened patiently and when my chance came to speak, I shared for about ten minutes about Jesus and how I loved Him and how He had changed my whole life and so on. When I was done she said these words, which I will always remember because it sums everything up perfectly ...."I dont know the Jesus you are talking about." .............bro Frank

2017/9/27 20:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy