SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Selling out to the Catholic Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Thanks Greg and proudpapa. May God lead us to His truth and a right balance in this matter.

2017/9/22 13:42Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE : /// So we can look at a group like the "Bogomils" which are one of the groups labeled as the "remnant" in the Pilgrim Church book, but a look at their beliefs draws some large question marks.///

The catholic line is filled with bloodshed.

And those whom have sought to piece togather a remnant line have done so by ignoring the lack of continuity amoung the varity of sects that they link togather

Where does that leave us ? :
That Truth is found in the Scriptures and not in traditions.

2017/9/22 14:02Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

2181 The Sunday Eucharist is the foundation and confirmation of all Christian practice. For this reason the faithful are obliged to participate in the Eucharist on days of obligation, unless excused for a serious reason (for example, illness, the care of infants) or dispensed by their own pastor. [119] Those who deliberately fail in this obligation commit a grave sin.

The Catholic Church. The Catechism Of The Catholic Church (Kindle Locations 10436-10439). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

In the Catholic Church you have mortal and venal sin, missing mass is a mortal sin according to the Catholic Church.

A thing that made me so upset is recently a Youtube channel called how to be a christian
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cZXWB6T4WRXyTZiyH_LDw
This is from a catholic perspective it teaches that tradition is higher than scripture that the pope is the supreme head of the church and praying to the saints

“If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone, so that thus he understands nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification, and that it is not in any way necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the action of his own will, let him be anathema.” – Canon 9, Trent’s Decree on Justification

There is a good site called Berean beacon a guy called Richard bennet in which he details Christian Priests who have come out of the Catholic Church

http://bereanbeacon.org/

It is amazing if you read alot of Christian literature you find that we have only sold out to the Catholics recently

Charles Spurgeon had so many Sermons on this, he deals with Priestcraft
http://www.spurgeongems.org/vols19-21/chs1250.pdf

Most of the famous preachers such as Whitfield and others preached against the Catholic Church. William Tyndale

neither know they of any more than that they read at mass, matins, and evensong, which yet they understand not: neither care they, but even to mumble up so much every day, as the pie and popinjay speak, they wot not what, to fill their bellies withal. If they will not let the lay-man have the word of God in his mother tongue, yet let the priests have it; which for a great part of them do understand no Latin at all, but sing, and say, and patter all day, with the lips only, that which the heart understandeth not.

Tyndale, William. The Obedience of a Christian man (Kindle Locations 243-246). Kindle Edition.

This books should be on every Christians reading list

Now while I was gazing upon all these things, I turned my head to look back, and saw Ignorance come up to the river side; but he soon got over, and that without half that difficulty which the other two men met with.[330] For it happened that there was then in that place, one Vain-hope,[331] a ferryman, that with his boat helped him over; so he, as the other I saw, did ascend the hill, to come up to the gate, only he came alone; neither did any man meet him with the least encouragement. When he was come up to the gate, he looked up to the writing that was above, and then began to knock, supposing that entrance should have been quickly administered to him; but he was asked by the men that looked over the top of the gate, Whence came you? and what would you have? He answered, I have eat and drank in the presence of the King, and He has taught in our streets. Then they asked him for his certificate, that they might go in and show it to the King; so he fumbled in his bosom for one, and found none. Then said they, Have you none? But the man answered never a word. So they told the King, but He would not come down to see him, but commanded the two Shining Ones that conducted Christian and Hopeful to the City, to go out and take Ignorance, and bind him hand and foot, and have him away. Then they took him up, and carried him through the air, to the door that I saw in the side of the hill, and put him in there. Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of Heaven,

Bunyan, Bunyan. The Works of John Bunyan, complete, including 58 books (Kindle Locations 75731-75741). B&R Samizdat Express. Kindle Edition.

Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of Heaven

This quote always stands out to me at the moment my life is a real mess.

Catholism vs Biblical Faith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLRHkaLG48Q

2017/9/22 16:42Profile
proudpapa

Re:

My conclusion of Church History thus far,

Men have at various times recognized and took off the head covering of priestcraft and hierarchical rule and recognized that there true Head is not to be covered by the conscience of other men.
At which time revival breaks out and they rightly become leaders
but they so often seem to fail to understand Biblical leadership which simply leads and guides other men to there true Head as clearly taught in 1st Cor.
and instead often seems to rebuild the hierarchical rule that sets itself up and covers over the conscience of other men.

2017/9/22 18:02Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

My scary thing about church history is that many Christians do not know there bibles so if the antichrist is sat in the third temple or a world religion was set up they would buy into it
If there was a fake return of Jesus as he bible talks that the antichrist will bring fire down from heaven would they follow the antichrist because of miracles. As the whole point of the antichrist is to deceive.

Only knowing the bible and the Jesus of scripture will you be able to conquer the deceptions that will appear.

One thing that I realised is that it does not matter what I think as the bible is a historical book and we are all going to stand before god on judgement day , we may not like doctrines such as hell but it exists.
As Christians we tend to skip over the scriptures that do not adhere to our own morality such as the wrath of god is on the sons of disobedience.
We tend to adhere things we like in scripture not things we do not like.

God is not going to have no personal preference when we stand with him on judgement day , he wrote scripture to be ignorant of it is not an excuse.

I find it crazy when people use the term born again catholic it is almost using the term born again jehovah witness as you cannot adhere to the watchtower society and follow the bible at the same time.

I think the Catholics use the phrase as a form of deception. In Thessalonians in talks about a great deception before the antichrist is revealed.

People were ignorant of Jesus first coming, how about his second coming. I know I am a mess and I need Jesus

2017/9/23 3:55Profile

Re:

Who will bear the shame?

Many are the ones
Who carry the name
Few are the ones
Who will bear the shame

To walk with Him
With rod and staff
Is to walk with Him
Along the narrow path

The hand of God
Supports the one
Who will run with Him
Till the race is run

If we forget
The saints who've fallen
We will cease to hear
Our God calling

To stand for truth
And resist all might
Is to incur the wrath
Of the darkest night

It does not matter
What age we're in
We stand as a witness
Against all sin

And those who attempt
To be loved by all
Will compromise
And surely fall

Standing fast
In the midst of corruption
Will not bring peace
But great disruption

And in that day
You will lose your name
And few will be the ones
Who will bear the shame ...........bro Frank

2017/9/23 4:22

Re:

As I was reflecting before the Lord sometime ago the Spirit spoke to me. He said the cross is a narrow way. Only a few will find it.

Bro Blaine

2017/9/23 6:16
yuehan

Re:

Quote:
proudpapa:
Where does that leave us ? :
That Truth is found in the Scriptures and not in traditions.

Amen, proudpapa!

From that perspective, our views on church history and denominations are of secondary importance. What really matters is the truth as revealed in the Scriptures.

May God open our eyes to a fuller revelation of Jesus and the Gospel of Grace which He died to give us.

2017/9/23 8:49Profile

understanding...

"I suspect that most of the individuals who have religious faith are content with blind faith. They feel no obligation to understand what they believe. They may even wish not to have their beliefs disturbed by thought. But if God in whom they believe created them with intellectual and rational powers, that imposes upon them the duty to try to understand the creed of their religion. Not to do so is to verge on superstition."

~ Mortimer J. Adler

2017/9/23 16:25
Martyr

United States

Re:

Deltadom.

You say you are a mess and you need Jesus. Are you saved? If yes, how can you be a mess AND saved but Catholics who have faith in the Son of God and are a mess are NOT saved? Are you born again and a mess?? How can they not be so as well?

If you're answer is no, you are not saved or born again, then you have no right to judge the 1.5 billion catholics in this world.

2017/9/24 0:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy