SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are you a liar?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
havok20x

Re:

Sree,

Are you against the abuse of the OSAS doctrine or do you believe that I can be redeemed and then become unredeemed again?

2017/8/8 22:24Profile
a-servant

Re:

John 14:21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my
Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt
manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep
my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not
my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's
which sent me.

Jesus points to the Father, His words are not His own

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,
he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself;
but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will
shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive
of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father
hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine,
and shall shew it unto you.

The Holy Spirit points to Jesus, not Himself. While Jesus
points to the Father.

that's why the current days consent of "there are no more rules
for believers" is synonym with Isaiah 8:20  To the law and to the
testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because
there is no light in them.

That is what 1 John is all about, to not follow any voice that
climbed in any other way into the sheepfold.

Could it be redundant ? No, only for people that misunderstand Paul
it's even in the book of Revelation, "Here are the saints...."
"Blessed are they that......have right to the tree of life"

2017/8/8 22:32Profile
havok20x

Re:

A-servant, can you expound on what you are saying. I am not sure I am grasping it entirely. Thanks!

2017/8/8 22:35Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Elijah,

That's called evasive verbal behavior.... which is in itself deceptive by nature-

The question is only posed because you seem to be suggesting, not by your words or scriptures being quoted, by the tone of your argument that you don't sin or fall short....
I say that because the fruit of gentleness, meekness, much less humility seems clearly to be missing from your posts- just sayin ~

Also the Word/Sword of the spirit isn't intended to cut down others but to cut away the entanglements/sins that bind them...

I can very much appreciate your zeal and share it wholeheartedly, however zeal without discipline is a dangerous thing....

2017/8/8 22:42Profile
havok20x

Re:

Elijah,

I just want to make sure that you are not saying that obedience secures salvation. Because that is the very error in Matthew 7. Our obedience is a product of our salvation in Christ.

Consider 1 Corinthians 3. In that chapter we see carnal (immature) believers, people building improperly on the foundation of Christ (poor teaching/doctrine), and yet they are brethren according to that chapter.

2017/8/8 22:49Profile

Re: Contect if 1 John 2:4

1 John 2:4-5

••• The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:•••

What are the commandments of God that John is referring to above?

The answer is in 1 John 3:23-24.

••• This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.  The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.•••

Are His commandments burdensome?

The answer is found in 1st John 5:3.

•••For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.•••

John is saying the one who says he knows God and does not believe in Jesus Christ and love one another is a liar. The commandments of God that John is talking about our belief in Jesus as the Son of God and loving one another.

That is why John can say these commandments are not burdensome.  To make this text say anything else than what John intended is distorting it. To make the commandments of God anything else other than belief in Jesus and loving one another is to put a burden on the saints that even the Jew under the decalogue could not keep.

According to First John the Commandments of God our belief in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God. And to love one another. The one who claims to know God and does not keep these commandments is certainly a liar

My understanding.

Bro Blaine 

2017/8/8 22:59
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I just want to make sure that you are not saying that obedience secures salvation. Because that is the very error in Matthew 7. Our obedience is a product of our salvation in Christ.

I believe you are wrong here. If they were obeying then why did jesus call them workers of inequity?

They were people who were once saved and had gifts to serve God. But they got carried away by their service. Look all that they said were all service by gifts, like casting devil, prophesy etc. Jesus never denied what they did. No one can come before Jesus to tell lies. Hence what they said is true. But what they ignored is personal walk with God. They were like Pharasees who focused on external testimony but we're dead inside. White washed tombs. Hence Jesus rejected them.

This is in accordance with what Jesus said in the same context, 'you will know a tree by fruit not by gift'. It is all to be seen in same context. If we remove the context then we get into erroneous interpretations like this!

2017/8/8 23:07Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Are you against the abuse of the OSAS doctrine or do you believe that I can be redeemed and then become unredeemed again?

I do not believe that man cannot lose his salvation. Man can lose it. One has to edure till the end to be saved. These are the words of Jesus.

Hebrews 3-6: Christ was faithful as a Son over His house—whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.

Salvation is not to be saved from hell. There is no scripture that says this. Salvation is to be saved from sin. This salvation is a continuous process. One has to continue in the process to remain eternally secured.

2017/8/8 23:17Profile

Re: Sree

Are you arguing works salvation? Are you saying one must keep a law to be saved?

Bro Blaine

2017/8/8 23:21
Sree

Re:

Quote:

This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.•••

The 2 things to see here are belief in Jesus and love one another. It is not just one time belief. How can some one who lusts with his eyes when Jesus commanded us not to lust with eyes, believes in Jesus? He is an unbeliever no matter which doctrine he claims to believe. To believe someone, we should believe every word they said.

Now regarding love, how can someone who watches pronography loves the neighbor whoes daughter or wife is shown nude there? What kind of cheap love is it? What is wrong to call this so called believe a liar?

2017/8/8 23:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy