SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 20

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"I am more afraid of my own heart than of the pope and all his cardinals. I have within me the great pope, self ... " - Martin Luther

2017/9/14 18:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Sing, my tongue, the Savior's glory, of His flesh the mystery sing; of the Blood, all price exceeding, shed by our immortal King, destined, for the world's redemption, from a noble womb to spring." - St. Thomas Aquinas

2017/9/14 19:42Profile

allegiance to Jesus Christ

"To endure the cross is not tragedy; it is the suffering which is the fruit of an exclusive allegiance to Jesus Christ."

~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2017/9/15 15:17
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: allegiance to Jesus Christ

"If a man insults me, kills my father, my mother, my brother, and then gouges out my eye, as a Christian it is my duty to forgive him. We who are pious Christians ought to love our enemies and forgive them. We ought to offer them food and drink, and entreat God for their souls. And then we should say: ‘My God, I beseech Thee to forgive me, as I have forgiven my enemies.'" - St. Kosmas Aitolos

2017/9/16 7:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Reflect, dearly beloved, how great a dignity this is: to have the Lord come and abide in our heart. Should some rich and powerful friend enter your home you would make haste to clean the whole house, lest there be anything to displease the eye of the one who is coming. Let you then cleanse the stains of evil doing from the house of your soul, in preparation for the coming of God." - St. Gregory the Great

2017/9/19 21:26Profile
proudpapa

Re:

"Certain people are always talking about the "EARLY CHURCH," and very queer notions they seem to have of the aforesaid early church. Their early church was very different from anything we meet with in the Acts of the Apostles, for it was very particular in its architecture, millinery, and music. This "early church" could not worship at all unless it had a visible altar, with reredos and frontal, at which gentlemen in gorgeous attire of blue and scarlet and fine linen made postures many, and bowings not a few. The "early church," it seems, believed in baptismal regeneration, transubstantiation, priestcraft, and sacramental efficacy. Well, that may be or may not be, but there was an earlier church which had no such notions, and it is for us to get right away from all such early churches to the earlier church or the earliest church, and there, I warrant you, you shall find no priestcraft, nor nonsense of sacramental efficacy; but simplicity, and truth, and the power of the Holy Ghost." CH Spurgeon

2017/9/22 17:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“As God is exalted to the right place in our lives a thousand problems are solved all at once." - A.W. Tozer

2017/9/24 20:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Truly not a single earthly pleasure can satisfy our heart. We are strangers on earth, pilgrims and travelers; our home and fatherland are there in heaven, in the heavenly Kingdom; and there do not exist on earth things which could perfectly satisfy our desires. Let a man own the whole world and all that is in the world, yet all that will not interest him for more than a minute, so to speak, and it will never satisfy his heart; for the heart of man can be fully satisfied only by the love of God, and therefore God alone can fill the heart and soul of man and quench the thirst of his desires." - St. Innocent of Alaska

2017/9/25 21:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years." - Charles H. Spurgeon

2017/9/26 19:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Let no harsh word proceed from your mouth, for an unmerciful judgment will be passed on the hard-hearted. But blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy." - M. Basilea Schlink

2017/9/26 19:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy