SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 20

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread

Preconceived Theology

"The trouble with a lot of Christians is that they've already formed an opinion in their mind concerning what's right. Every group of christians as an inherited tradition from what they have learned from their pastors and leaders in their churches and they are unwilling to change it. They read a verse and they pour it into their preconceived theology. If you want to be free, you must be willing to let God break those traditions and teach you the TRUTH..."

~ Zac Poonen

2017/8/16 12:08

meaning of life...

"The meaning of life is to know God and be known by God through Jesus."

~ Steven Bancarz

2017/8/16 12:09
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: meaning of life...

"Knowing God without knowing our wretchedness leads to pride. Knowing our wretchedness without knowing God leads to despair. Knowing Christ gives the balance." - Blaise Pascal

2017/8/17 7:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Although we may not yet be living in the actual days of the Antichrist, he might appear shortly after our generation. He might appear in fifty, a hundred or five hundred years. We don't know. The point is that his appearance can easily take place within the next thirty years; no one knows exactly when. Already, the signs have begun to increase at an accelerated rate. It makes no great difference if we fall prey to the Antichrist, or to his forerunners. If today we were to be lost to the service of his forerunners, it is the same as being lost to the Antichrist himself. We would have no salvation." - Athanasios Mitilinaios

2017/8/18 19:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"When mind and heart are united in prayer and the soul is wholly concentrated in a single desire for God, then the heart grows warm and the light of Christ begins to shine and fills the inward man with peace and joy. We should thank the Lord for everything and give ourselves up to His will; we should also offer Him all our thoughts and words, and strive to make everything serve only His good pleasure." - Seraphim of Sarov

2017/8/18 19:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"To me, it seems it should be your glory to join in the poorest and weakest churches of your denomination and wherever you go, to say, “This little cause is not as strong as I should like it to be, but by the grace of God, I will make it more influential. At any rate, I will throw my weight to strengthen the weak things of Zion, and certainly I will not despise the day of small things.” - Charles Spurgeon

2017/8/19 7:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"I want no blessing that I cannot share. I seek no spirituality that I must win at the cost of forgetting that men and women are lost and without hope. If in spite of all I can do they will sin against light and bring upon themselves the displeasure of a holy God, then I must not let them go their sad way unwept. I am determined that I shall go down to the grave or up into God's heaven mourning for the lost and the perishing." - A.W. Tozer

2017/8/19 18:34Profile

Love the sinner, hate the sin?

Love the sinner, hate the sin? How about: Love the sinner, hate your own sin! I don't have time to hate your sin. There are too many of you! Hating my sin is a full-time job. How about you hate your sin, I'll hate my sin and let's just love each other!

~ Mark Lowry

2017/8/20 12:39

After Life

"Reflect on the temporary aspects of this life. Start put your affections on things above. We need to not be focused on this things of this world. The one thing that matters is your soul, that's your salvation. Nothing in this life is more important than that, not family, not money, not your status, not anything, nothing is more important than where your soul is gonna go when you take your last breath..."

~ Josh Coen

2017/8/20 12:46
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: After Life

"It is the nature of religion to help those who are really needy; and a real Christian does not wait to be 'commanded' to do it, but only asks for the opportunity." - Albert Barnes

2017/8/24 19:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy