SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are those who believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit unsaved and in a cult?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: PP

You Posted this as the subject matter :

"Are those who believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit unsaved and in a cult?

•••••••••••••••••••••

Brother that is simply the title of the thread.

What is your purpose in bringing that up?

Bro Blaine

2017/7/11 14:27

Re:

Posted without comment John MacArthur's first message to The Strange Fire Conference. Simply to note that 5 minutes into his message JM says that there are over a half a billion Christians in the chrismatic movement.

https://youtu.be/jRqD89ZBWyg

Bro Blaine

2017/7/11 14:34
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: Appolos wrote; """ The remnant saints will find themselves sandwiched between two enemies. The religious on one side and the charismatics on the other who will fall for false signs and wonders and will hate anyone who will chastise them for it."""

I lived next to a black family and the head was named Smitty. He was Pentecostal and spoke in tongues, I was the brother who didn't eat meat. The love of Christ in us brought us to a place where we loved each other as much as two men can. We prayed together all the time for each other and families, we studied the Word together and were never at odds with eachother. I did not understand a word he was saying when he was speaking in tongues and he knew it, he always would speak in English afterwards. He worked for the State of California and his crew was trimming trees at work, and Smitty was killed by a falling limb to the head. I miss him to this day and still thank God for Him and his love for me. The family wife and kids always acknowledge me anywhere we meet and I them and they know how much Christ in him and in me loved the Lord and families.

So tongues and Christ centered Charismatics don't have to be at odds with those that are not like each other in theology but are one in the love of Christ, the love of Christ can overcome all differences and can make us of the same mind in Christ Jesus our Lord. To this day I still love Smitty and I know where he is and from there that he loves me.

I don't speak in tongues and believe that it is a gift of and by the Holy Spirit to speak to others that speak a different language, that He through me might bring forth the Love of Christ for the unsaved and the saints that the Father has given to Christ for His Bride and Body the Church, that is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory."

I know that I have been baptized into the Holy Spirit and into the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ who now resides in me, that is my life in Christ.

In Christ: Phillip

2017/7/11 21:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy